Spartan

First Person Shooter games

Post by Spartan »

How many of you DEPers play FPS games?

Which ones are your favorites and why?
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

The only FPS I play right now is Counter Strike but I'm not good at it so I don't really play it that much. Everyone online is so good at that game too. I actually don't play counter strike, I play Day of Defeat which is like a World War 2 version of it. I used to play Goldeneye for N64 but my nintendo broke. I also got Ghost Recon for PS2 this christmas from a friend, it's a fun game but the easy mode has basically no difficulty at all. You can shoot someone in the arm and they die.
Last edited by Freed Y on June 20th, 2003, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarrenF
Tadpole

Post by DarrenF »

the Battlefield1942 mod called Desert Combat (www.desertcombat.com) is quite good. So is the bf1942 mod Eve of Destruction, centered around the vietnam conflict and post vietnam era.

Good ole counterstrike also.

edit : fixed link.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

Only FPS game i play is Americas army for PC. Like strider, i play it too much. The army developed it and they did a damn good job. Its free and is not infested with flamers and cheaters like counter-strike(plus the graphics are amazing).
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

I have a copy of AA but whenever I install it I can only play it once because when I close the program and try to play it a later time, for some reason it won't open. It's a good game too.
DarrenF
Tadpole

Post by DarrenF »

is SOCOM fun Ranger Happy? I'v heard great things about it.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

DarrenF wrote:is SOCOM fun Ranger Happy?
Happy wrote:...It's a blast ...
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I dont play that much but the only game I've played in the past year would be Americas Army. Detla Force, Operation Flashpoint, Ghost Recon, and MOH are all still sitting on the rack filtering the air rendering all the dust.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

No jody I wasn't. Sorry DarrenF if you took it that way.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Any other Rangers play?
D2meD
Ranger

Play games

Post by D2meD »

Yes,
I have been playing FPS for some time now. Well, just war and SWAT type FPS. I was in 2nd Batt and a LRS unit for 3 years so any other FPS other than a military type game is out of the question. Medal of Honor, SWAT TGOTY, Vietcong and DF Black Hawk Down have been the games I have been playing when I have time. I have been waiting for SWAT Urban Justice to come out, I think that’s going to be great game, well I'm hoping anyway. It was going to use the UT3 engine in February but got pushed back to this November. I can't wait. Anyone here played SWAT 3?
"Man-gina is contagious outside the brown fence"
-=Medure=-
Cco 2/75
2nd PLT
95-98

Return to “The Mosh Pit”