Lack of motivation in command= lack of motivation in ranks..

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

b_thebeau
US Army

Lack of motivation in command= lack of motivation in ranks..

Post by b_thebeau »

So this morning was the last straw...
I was taking some damn initiative this morning and swimming during PT. My command recently put out that we are all allowed to swim with the new CO on tuesdays and thurdays. So here I am, swimming my ass off, breathing like a horse after a race, and my NCO comes to tell me that Im no longer allowed to swim for PT. This is not because im slacking, no, its because the rest of my squad were complaining about having to run and my command decided it wasnt fair to those who were unable to swim that they should be made to run instead. HAVENT THESE PEOPLE READ?!!!! Swimming is good cardio! Thats not all...
I have been working with an LT who just got out of SF selection and he's been trying to prep me for RIP with ruck marches, motivation, etc... so i rucked my ass to my battalion this morning instead of driving, only to have certain members, even officers, in my command putting me in the front leaning rest for 15 minutes talking about how I am a dissapointment to my company by only training myself and instead of rucking on my own to work, I should have asked command to plan a batt. ruck march some time... now ive only been in for a little over a year, but that seems a bit outfuckingragious to me, no?! Im so tired of having no help with this shit, I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN is what im forced to tell myself constantly, but recently the wind has just been taken out of my sail. Reading a Ranger book or staring at the ranger tab an NCO gave me that I keep in my pocket doesnt help anymore.
My spirit is stronger than this, but you Rangers might agree, this is a shitty situation. Please dont get me wrong, I can always be a better soldier, so Im not saying my methods are perfect. I strive for excellence and (despite being a private) I strive to square away others and lead them. I dont know what Im looking for here, maybe its motivation, maybe its for someone to tell me not to be such a bitch about all of this... you decide

With Regards,
THEBEAU
Shoot em in the face
RRDTm3
Ranger

Re: Lack of motivation in command= lack of motivation in ranks..

Post by RRDTm3 »

fuck them, double down after work, get orders for RIP and go pass.
sounds like they are trying to keep you down and you let them..........................wait, is this you or me?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

You're a Private. You're at Ft. "Lost-in-the-Woods, Misery", a post at least as well known for BCT as it is as the "Home of Engineers". You are probably just stuck with a command that believes a private is never right, even if he is. Endure it, learn, and use your experience to improve your small part of the Army when you get some rank.

And also note, it is the job of command to keep order, and the job of NCOs to enforce it. Try to get your squad to STFU, especially around the officers and senior NCOs, and things will probably improve a little.
b_thebeau
US Army

Post by b_thebeau »

Thank you both.
I'll tell you this, I hate to complain about things...aside from the usual b.s. that we all talk about, "oh, sgt whatever was bein a real ass today...etc" I generally take heed to the saying, "suck it up and drive on." Ive been fuming for weeks now about the way things are playing out and I just needed the vent I guess. Ive just been reading a lot of hell stories from RIP and as usual, Im ready to roll and im gonna ruck home regardless of the potential smoke session Im sure to experience tomorrow when I ruck back to the batt for work call.
If this site has taught me anything, it is that the only way to achieve this goal, is to overcome negativity with discipline.
Shoot em in the face
alpha24
Ranger

Post by alpha24 »

Listen up stud, I spent two years as a RIP instructor and some of the guys there now, I put through RIP.

First, use these douch-bags as motivation and remember they have one of two motives. They are jealous you're going...or they are pissed off to be potentially losing a good dude.

Second, and most importantly, learn, know, memorize, UNDERSTAND, and start living the Ranger Creed. Live the Ranger Creed; let it guide your actions; understand every word and how it affects your life.

Your doing the right thing. Your situation is the exact reason every Ranger in the 75th Ranger Regiment fears going to a leg unit more than fighting our enemies.

Good luck dude.
Aco 2/75 96-99
RIP Instructor, HHC 75th 99-01
Aco 2/75 01-03
Class 7-97

One for the airborne Ranger in the sky!
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Something I heard of here & wish I'd known when I was a PFC:
Keep a log of every piss-poor leadership action you endure, and another of examples of the right way.
Read them when you've earned your stripes.
Might be the best manual you'll ever have.

Play the game at work to the best of your ability, PT your ass off on your time. Avoid the whiners and lead by example - and don't go shooting off your mouth.
Blow off steam in the back rooms here.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

I agree with the above post. PT on your own. It's a damn shame they want to beat you up for bettering yourself. Not long before I got out, I was running on the trail by the river in Columbus. I was doing it on a Saturday Sua Sponte. I happened to run into my C.O. Cpt. Clark at the time. If you notice now that man is the Regimental Commander. He stopped me and we shook hands and said that he would hate to lose me.

The point being that is you do what is necessary for you to achieve whatever goals you want in life. Note that Cpt. Clark at the time of his run didn't have an XO or 1SG in tow. He's was making himself better on his own terms. Which I suggest you do the same if you have a sem-hostile command. Good luck, brother. If you want to do great things in this Army don't let whatever command your under quash your dreams. You seem like you have the right mind set to me. Fucking drive on.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

It's not out of the ordinary for a member of a team to be expected to conduct training with the team. If you have goals that are in addition to the goals of your team then it makes complete sense that you would pursue those goals on your own time.

I could whine and snivel about the time my Squad Leader said this or my Platoon Sergeant did that, but the fact remains when I got tired of a situation I put myself in a position to move on. I either volunteered for additional training or I took an assignment that was available.

Slamming your chain of command on a public board is probably not a very mature nor intelligent thing to do. Quit crying and focus on what it is you want to do. All of us have worked in what we thought were substandard conditions and made it out a little better than we entered.

My advice...close your doughnut receptacle and do what you are told. You're a 21 year old private which means you know two things

Jack

and

Shit
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Use the bullshit to fuel the hatred. Use the hatred to fuel your motivation. Use your motivation to fuel success.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

PocketKings wrote:Use the bullshit to fuel the hatred. Use the hatred to fuel your motivation. Use your motivation to fuel success.

X2
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
RangerLee
Ranger

Post by RangerLee »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004

Return to “The Mosh Pit”