Best Sapper competition

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bravo57
Ranger

Re: Best Sapper competition

Post by Bravo57 »

ma91c1an wrote:
RangerX wrote:I was going to make a donut puncher joke about sappers penetrating deep in to enemy fortifications, then I found this-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Second sentence about caused me to spit out my tongue.

I fixed that bullshit.

I also toned down some of the more "rah rah" statements on that page.

Fags.
God damn it!!! You are my hero!!!!! That's good shit right there 8)
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

Heh,

I just toned it down even more.

Not to fuck with them, but to put things in proper perspective.

Wiki has rules against what they term "vandalism," so I had to edit lightly.

But I definitely make it clear that the Sapper tab is the lowest of all tabs authorized for wear on the left shoulder.

We will have to keep an eye on that page to make sure that no one tries to "pump it up" again.

I cannot believe how faggy the whole thing is. Are there any guys in Group or Regiment who actually wear the Sapper tab? Or is it like the old "Jungle Expert badge?" After you went to Panama a couple of times, you just got to a point where you "forgot" to have it sewn on your uniform.

:)
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

...and he is a douche.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nomad wrote:Watch, the evolution is for Sapper's to conduct "Tab Checks". :D
We already ran one:

http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=43826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Parabellum wrote:...and he is a douche.
I'd say that clears that up... :D
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

"I wanna be an airborne ...Sapper..."

No ring to it ......just doesnt sing.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
basicload
Ranger

Post by basicload »

I was in Little Richard's strip club in Benning once and these three African American 11Mike Super Sarges were in there "gettin their drink on".

At some point we all started bullshitting and they let us know that they were in town for The Master Gunner Course.

Being young E-4's, we pretty much knew fuck all about Bradleys or mech land in general. These fine NCOs explained to us that Master Gunner was a big deal and that they had been waiting years for a slot.

When asked if it was hard, they said that it was just like Ranger School except that you could sleep and eat. They said other than those two things that it was JUST LIKE RANGER SCHOOL. :lol:

I can't make shit like this up.
Cco 1/75 91-95
RTD RIP/PRE RANGER CADRE 95-97
Aco 3/75 97
Aco 1/75 00-03
RIP Class 6-91
Hooah School class 6-92
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

I'm actually on the hook to help teach a "Pre-Sapper" program at AT this year. I'm to teach Patroling and rappelling. I offered to help teach demo but was turned down (I guess the fact that I've rigged actual breaching charges precludes me from teaching it), darn. We have two sappers in my section (E6-E5) both were saying how hard sapper was "It's just like Ranger School except more technical and intense." I'm tempted to train up and go just so I can opt not to wear the tab when I get back.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

rangertough wrote:I'm actually on the hook to help teach a "Pre-Sapper" program at AT this year. I'm to teach Patroling and rappelling. I offered to help teach demo but was turned down (I guess the fact that I've rigged actual breaching charges precludes me from teaching it), darn. We have two sappers in my section (E6-E5) both were saying how hard sapper was "It's just like Ranger School except more technical and intense." I'm tempted to train up and go just so I can opt not to wear the tab when I get back.

Tough
Pre-Sapper...hmmm??? Tough, how long do you have em? 3 hours, or a week? Reason is, If you have 'em for a while, teach rappelling day 1 and 2...and then give 'em a 5 day, 22hrs a day, 1 MRE a day, Arty sim, break contact every 45 min, party...change leadership positions every 2 hours...just for shits and giggles.

And the follow up post will be USELESS with out some video!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

LastHardSapper wrote:As a long term member of the board allow me to defend the issuing of a Sapper tab and the shameless copycatting of everything Ranger....ummmm, I can't. The Sapper Leader Course began in 1985 as a means to train the entire leadership of a company in advanced Engineer skills to include general subjects, air and water ops and patrolling. MG Moellering set up the course for that reason only. The course was run by an SF cadre in those days. We trained quietly with no fanfare. Guys trained for 28 days and took the excellent training back to their units. Over the years some senior zealots slowly but surely copied everything Ranger and somehow convinced DA to issue a tab for the completion of the school. As an old Engineer I certainly liked it better when we had our own little month long training course that enhanced our skills as it was intended to do. Now its a DA school that anyone can go to including chicks. I'm not putting down the Sapper Leader Course nor trying to hang off you guys' nutsack, I'm simply saying the school has evolved into something other than what it was intended for.
Excellent point. Many years ago, in the 1950's and 1960's, we had a lot of two-week training events that were intended to enhance the individual and collective skills of individual soldiers. The better known were the "101st Airborne RECONDO," the 5th Mech "MECHONDO," 2ID Imjin Scouts," 82d Raider" Courses. All had their own unofficial patch, and all were pretty good at what they were intended as; small unit (team/squad/section) leader training. Later we created a more formal system that included PLDC and BNOC.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

Oto-Man wrote:
Tough
, 22hrs a day, 1 MRE a day, Arty sim, break contact every 45 min, party...change leadership positions every 2 hours...just for shits and giggles.

[/quote]

Fuck me...........I actually got chills remembering the haze of that happening One fine week in January in FL..........fufufufuck. Where is Busted Kidney.........DID WE REALLY MAKE IT THROUGH THAT SHIT STORM?

could of not done it with out folks like BK, Spera, Delp, Bowen, Adcock.............there is a long list that help me through "THE SUCK".
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

basicload wrote:I was in Little Richard's strip club in Benning once and these three African American 11Mike Super Sarges were in there "gettin their drink on".

At some point we all started bullshitting and they let us know that they were in town for The Master Gunner Course.

Being young E-4's, we pretty much knew fuck all about Bradleys or mech land in general. These fine NCOs explained to us that Master Gunner was a big deal and that they had been waiting years for a slot.

When asked if it was hard, they said that it was just like Ranger School except that you could sleep and eat. They said other than those two things that it was JUST LIKE RANGER SCHOOL. :lol:

I can't make shit like this up.
I went to SF ANCOC and I had a former Marine tell me that the Marines and the Rangers were the same. He then gave me the Marine history version of the Rangers. He told me that the original Rangers were actually Royal Marines, since everyone came here on a ship. He was also from Massachussetts, and told me that the Alamo had been defended mainly by guys from Massachussetts and New York.

:shock:

Love that public education system.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

LastHardSapper wrote:As a long term member of the board allow me to defend the issuing of a Sapper tab and the shameless copycatting of everything Ranger....ummmm, I can't. The Sapper Leader Course began in 1985 as a means to train the entire leadership of a company in advanced Engineer skills to include general subjects, air and water ops and patrolling. MG Moellering set up the course for that reason only. The course was run by an SF cadre in those days. We trained quietly with no fanfare. Guys trained for 28 days and took the excellent training back to their units. Over the years some senior zealots slowly but surely copied everything Ranger and somehow convinced DA to issue a tab for the completion of the school. As an old Engineer I certainly liked it better when we had our own little month long training course that enhanced our skills as it was intended to do. Now its a DA school that anyone can go to including chicks. I'm not putting down the Sapper Leader Course nor trying to hang off you guys' nutsack, I'm simply saying the school has evolved into something other than what it was intended for.
So women can go?

I guess the response to "it's just like Ranger school" can be answered with "yes, except at Ranger school you have to have balls"
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

LastHardSapper wrote:
So women can go?

I guess the response to "it's just like Ranger school" can be answered with "yes, except at Ranger school you have to have balls"
Hmmm.

I think that I need to incorporate this little tidbit onto the Wiki Sapper page.

:)
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”