I'm certainly not surprised...

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Re: Flag defacers for Obama.

Post by SkyShark »

EarthPig wrote:I'm certainly not surprised...

RLTW
EP
Yep
It's all good.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

Hung Low wrote:"Defacing the flag in honor of the inauguration of Barack Obama..?"
This shit makes my balls itch... or is it my butt, aw shit, just thinking of this makes me itch all over!
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

I guess that all the guys who ETSed from my platoon that got their flags signed by all the men they served with are a bunch of idiots (or stupid fucks whatever was typed) too... I better go take mine down, there are alot of laws on the books that are mostly unknown (as this one was to me and all the guys I imagine who had their flags written upon) and even when some laws are known they are ignored by many like making a u-turn at a stop where it is prohibited, those people probably didn't know any better and even so it sound like some people are looking for any reason to be pissed off about the new administration, we are only on day two, if people are this mad how will they survive the next 3 years and change?
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

but then again I just quit dipping so i'm pissy too
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

madslashers1-2 wrote:but then again I just quit dipping so i'm pissy too

Couldn't tell.....
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Black 6 wrote:
madslashers1-2 wrote:but then again I just quit dipping so i'm pissy too

Couldn't tell.....
No shit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

How many of you have hats or shirts or jackets with flags on them?

I do. It's against the law.

U.S. Flag Code (4 US Code 1)
Sec. 8. - Respect for flag

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
Your thoughts?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Bravo57 wrote:How many of you have hats or shirts or jackets with flags on them?

I do. It's against the law.

U.S. Flag Code (4 US Code 1)
Sec. 8. - Respect for flag

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
Your thoughts?
That is a regulation for ceremonial use, but it is not a law where you can serve time, or even be fined. This is America and you can do what you want to the flag. Fly it, write on it, burn it, you are allowed to do as you see fit. Be careful wanting to use the law to stop doing someone else from displaying something that annoys you. Soon the symbols you hold dear may be outlawed because it annoys them.

I have a flag in my living room. It has writing all over it. It is a 48 star flag that has little specks of oil on it. It is pretty tattered too, almost falling apart. The flag is even being displayed backwards on the wall (blue field to the right). I am violating about a dozen or so regulations, but the flag is displayed proudly.

The writing on the flag states where it has been. Trang Sup 1964 Lai Khe 1969 Phuoc Vinh 1970 Camp Casey 1973 Grenada 1983 Kuwait 1991 and many more. The small dirt spots are oil stains from Kuwait.

So, though I am violating just about every regulation, anyone who tells me to take it down will have a serious problem.

A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

You get my point.

It was for a celebration of all things Obama. IMHO, anyone who took it to heart really needs to take a close look at themselves.

Granted, I hate the fuckers who burn the flag, stand on it etc...... But I fought for their right to do that. This is fucking America. I may hate them, but that's what’s makes us a great Nation. Free speech etc.... They will never get it, but that's what a sheepdog does. Protect the sheep.

I have the Flag that one of the Rangers killed in Mogadishu had inside of his RBA during the mission. Yes, there is blood on it. No, I will never cut the stars from the stripes and dispose of it properly. I'm a proud patriot, and I believe that if you really want to make an issue out of this, (the flags in D.C. being sold) you have a maturity issue. I didn't vote for the fucking guy, but get the fuck real, give the POTUS a Goddamn chance to do the right thing. What fucking Ball he didn't go to, what his supporters were using the flag for etc.... Some of you guys are acting just like the crazy liberals in the media and his supporters did during this whole fiasco. Man the fuck up.

The world aint gonna end, we will survive, and if you didn't vote, STFU. You have no voice because you didn't take the time to make your voice heard.

**edited to add**
This is from the display of the American Flag code. Please show me where it states for Ceremonies only. (not a jab, looking to learn)
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
The Surgeon
Ranger

Post by The Surgeon »

:twisted:
Last edited by The Surgeon on August 5th, 2011, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bco 3/75
Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

Bravo57 wrote:Granted, I hate the fuckers who burn the flag, stand on it etc...... But I fought for their right to do that. This is fucking America. I may hate them, but that's what’s makes us a great Nation. Free speech etc.... They will never get it, but that's what a sheepdog does. Protect the sheep.
“It is the solider, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag.” –Father Dennis Edward O’Brien, Sergeant, USMC, page 92 in USAFA class of 2012’s Contrails. One of the first quotes we had to memorize in basic…
Never Falter, Never Fail

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost

Mentee of Ranger Zonk 1/75
rakkasan_187
Tadpole

Post by rakkasan_187 »

I think I hear the FBI knocking.. and as little as it's said. It's been widespread that the nation has it's First African American President. Last I knew and I did my home work on this, he's Muslim American. Father being purely Muslim, swore on the Koran before taking his seat in the Senate and mother a white chick. So that would make him Muslim American if I'm not mistaken.
OIF 2003, 05-06, 07-08.
A Co. Sappers 3STB 3BDE Rakkasan
101st Airborne Division AASLT
"NE DESIT VIRTUS"

" I didn't train you guys to be pussies. I trained you to kill the motherfucker when he points a weapon at you" COL. Steele, Former Rakkasan Brigade Commander.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”