Could use some assistance.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Joeboo
USAF Veteran

Could use some assistance.

Post by Joeboo »

Friday (16JAN09) night my home was burglarized...quite possibly by someone that had previously been welcomed in my home.

Most unfortunate of the consequences of that fact is that short of the printed pictures my wife and I have, virtually all of our home movies, pictures of family living and otherwise, were preserved via one medium or another on the items stolen.

Principle among these was her laptop. I've already presented law enforcement with as much identification info as possible, and I know that relocation of these items is bordering on the impossible, but if any of you have experience with recovery of stolen goods, I would appreciate any and all input.

I don't really have it in me to go through the steps I've already taken, so even if you think your advice might be assumed, please offer it anyway.

Thanks.
Consensus is the absence of leadership - Margret Thatcher
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Re: Could use some assistance.

Post by Ranger Andy »

Check the pawn shops in your area and places that do computer repair and resale. Good luck dude and hang in there...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Very sorry. Let us know when you find them and then maybe we can be of some real help. :evil: :evil:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Joeboo
USAF Veteran

Post by Joeboo »

Thanks, rangers, both for your prompt responses.

Not to be too curt, but the pawn shop angle is covered, and believe me, if I have a story of any kind of resolution I will be happy to post it here.

Again, thanks.
Consensus is the absence of leadership - Margret Thatcher
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Hi Joeboo,
Check your Private Messages (PM), I shared an situation I ran across recently when someone else had their laptop stolen, I didn't want to post the info publicly, so as not to tip off the less then honorable lurkers that may be around.

Good luck and may the items be recovered and justice served upon the the thief swiftly. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."

Return to “The Mosh Pit”