Ranger Neves (ArmyRanger.Com Founder) passed away

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

RRDTm3 wrote:My little buddy Pete…………….. Damn you for being so fucking smart and starting up this site. You are pretty much personally responsible for thousands of hours lost be grown men sitting in front of a computer waiting on a rebuttal from a previous post. Longing for someone to leave themselves open and then joining in with others to dog pile some sorry fuck (probably a 2/75er) for leaving his flank exposed. The outlet to reconnect to sad miserable days and experiences that when they happened made us all want to go home and punch our parents for fucking and conceiving us in the first place. Yet as we sit in a world spawned by you we would eagerly chop of a finger just to go pack to smell the JP-5 prior to loading, 30 seconds. The creak of the ruck, chaffing of the ass and balls, waiting on the “wordâ€
RIP Ranger

~S~
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

/bow....R.I.P. Ranger. The lives you have touched are many and diverse. Sleep well.

/salute
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

I am relaying condolences for brother Old Grunt who is unable to access the web at this time.

He sends his deepest condolences and regards.

~S~
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

RIP Pete, I'm glad that I got a chance to meet you a few years back.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

My condolences.

Damn, just damn.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: R.I.P. Team Mate

Post by Earthpig »

usmc0369 wrote:I was Petes Team Leader when we were with Cochise Consultancy, OIF III.

I was sorting out my Iraq pics and ran across one of him, I never had his email so I Googled him and saw the news of his passing.

The link goes to the only picture I have of Pete, when we bounced a IED placement team October 2005.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91 ... eNeves.jpg

Semper Fi, Little Brother
Gunny G
Thanks for sharing the photo, Gunny. Hell, if Pete wasn't in it, I'd almost swear that was a BP pic along the Mexican border, somewhere near El Paso. What a desolate place. Nice shot of Pete, though.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Thanks for sharing that picture Gunny.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
kclemens
Tadpole

Post by kclemens »

R.I.P. Ranger Spartan.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this community. I would not be where I am today without you, that's for damn sure.
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in the whole valley."
-GEN. George S. Patton
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

No way can I match RRDTm3's eloquence, so...

RIP my friend.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Pete, I think about you often bro, and all the good times we had...and that ridiculous laugh of yours!

That first "bunker" the store was in was great. So was the Metallica concert where I got thrown out for peeing behind the bleachers!

Miss you bro.
keepsmilin
Tadpole

All Around Us..

Post by keepsmilin »

Pete,

What a smart and gifted man you were here on this earth. Your love of nature and appreciation for that which money never buys. What great insight on life and what a talented writer you were. Your empathy and hope for those oppressed, without freedom and opportunity was unequivocal...

Your "spirit" has touched many lives in such a meaningful way. How lucky we are having known you, if even for just a while.. How lucky 'you are' to have left such a legacy.
I pray for your daughter & your wife, someway, someday their hearts can begin to heal. I know God will keep you close to them...

I love this bit of poetry or should I call it prose Pete? I think it fitting for you and yours...

Until the day we all meet...
April

Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life. ~John Muir
"Do not be too moral, you may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something."
~Henry David Thoreau

Return to “The Mosh Pit”