Post by Nugget »

RIP, Warrior.
A Co 1/75 1996-2000
Class 9-98

"I'm not the best medic, but I'm YOUR medic"
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

My little buddy Pete…………….. Damn you for being so fucking smart and starting up this site. You are pretty much personally responsible for thousands of hours lost be grown men sitting in front of a computer waiting on a rebuttal from a previous post. Longing for someone to leave themselves open and then joining in with others to dog pile some sorry fuck (probably a 2/75er) for leaving his flank exposed. The outlet to reconnect to sad miserable days and experiences that when they happened made us all want to go home and punch our parents for fucking and conceiving us in the first place. Yet as we sit in a world spawned by you we would eagerly chop of a finger just to go pack to smell the JP-5 prior to loading, 30 seconds. The creak of the ruck, chaffing of the ass and balls, waiting on the “wordâ€
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

:(

RIP Pete Neves!

May your family be comforted and in peace after your passing.

~S~
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Thanks for that Bubba, My feelings exactly.

R.I.P. Pete

~S~
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I just learned of Pete's passing. Thinking of what I might add I decided to look up Webster’s definition of the word Spartan which was defined as being: A person of Great Courage and Self-Discipline

That pretty much sums up who Pete Neves was, man of Great Courage, Conviction and Self-Discipline..........In other words a true Ranger, Husband, Father and Patriot to our Country.

The first time I met Pete I had driven down from Oregon to help him move the Quartermaster supplies into a new building. At the time I had never met a fellow Ranger since I had ETS'd in 86' yet when we met, he welcomed me into his home as if he had known me all of his life, his beloved wife, daughter, mom (and brother) treated me in kind and I too felt the same.

Words cannot express the sense of loss I feel in learning of his death, however I am reminded of this quote I heard long ago that I believe has merit to this post.

"When a great man dies, for years the light he leaves behind him, lies on the paths of men."

Ranger Neves has forged the path for others to follow and that light will endure forever.

May God Bless your Spirit and may your Soul endure forever brother....

~S~
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Spartan!

It was an honor to have met you. You are an example for all in that you carried yourself with pride, honor and dignity. You lived the Creed and there isn’t a Ranger that can prove otherwise.

I will miss playing chess with you. But look forward to that when we meet again.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

RIP Spartan, see you on the high ground.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

RIP Ranger, my condolences to his family.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

RIP Ranger Neves,
Although I never met you Sir in person, I feel I have reading the wonderful words expressed here by those whose lives you have touched.

As Ranger Bugsy stated eloquently above,
"Ranger Neves has forged the path for others to follow and that light will endure forever."

Prayers out to you, your wife, your daughter, family, fellow Rangers, and friends.
Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
scubask
Tadpole

Post by scubask »

RIP Ranger - you have left a legacy behind. Thank you. Your family will be in my prayers.
USMA 1996-2000
3/2 ID 2001-2003, 2005
3/1 SFG(A) 2003-2004
OIF 2004
PxRanger
Ranger

Post by PxRanger »

Thank You Pete! You have given all Rangers a home at ArmyRanger.com, for this act many generations to come will have a place to go where you know someone has your back. May God hold you in his hands and watch over your family.
81-84 NYARNG
84-85 C 2/75 2nd Plt Weapons Squad
85 Pre-Ranger North Fort Lewis
85-86 C 2/75 Supply
86 - Medical Reclassification to leg land
86-87 9th AFSC

"Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. You just happen to like being the bug, Ranger." ~SSG Paniagua
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I'm gald we had a chance to meet Pete. Has others have said "We" owe you!

First rounds on me when me meet again!

RIP Brother ~S~
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Ranger Neves (ArmyRanger.Com Founder) passed away

Post by Ranger Andy »

Spartan - Vaya Con Dios...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...

Return to “The Mosh Pit”