Reading a new book...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

GSXRanger
Ranger

Reading a new book...

Post by GSXRanger »

"The Last Patriot" by Brad Thor.

Read it. I have had it for one day... halfway through with it. Very good book... easy to read, I mean... DEVOUR.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

How about a synopsis.

Thanks to this board, I was pointed toward the books by Vince Flynn, and am currently reading "Term Limits". Awesome thus far!
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

This sums it up...

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/upda ... t-patriot/

I don't want to give too much away brother... but, let's just say... Thor did his research with this book. The fieldcraft, the weapons, all are SPOT ON.

He even fucks with CAIR. He calls it "FAIR" in his book... and he pokes and prods all around the real issues of today.

Very good read.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Thor's books are pretty similar to Vince Flynn, although I find myself reading more of Thor's stuff. He seems to have an impressive array of sources to get info from. I started with his first book and kept going.

Short version is, the series is based on a character who was in the Teams and then DEVGRU, went into the Presedential Detail for the Secret Service and moves on to other things.

For mindless fluff reading, it hits the spot.

Just started a book by Harold Coyle called "Cat and Mouse" and it follows a Company (A/3/75) that is fighting a muslim force in the Phillipines post 9-11. Besides a few detail that he should have nailed (3/75 at Fort Lewis :roll: ), it's OK so far. I enjoyed Team Yankee back in the day, so thought I'd give this one a try.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I expected...

Run Jane, run.
See Jane run
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Silverback wrote:I expected...

Run Jane, run.
See Jane run
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

BruteForce wrote:How about a synopsis.

Thanks to this board, I was pointed toward the books by Vince Flynn, and am currently reading "Term Limits". Awesome thus far!
I finished "Protect and Defend" on the flight back from the RNC. Flynn has another book coming out, "Extreme Measures", Oct. 28.
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

I just picked up a copy of "Oliver Gets Hearing Aids". Other than the fact that Oliver is a cartoon Elephant, it's a page turner! All 27 pages!!!
:shock: 8) 8)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I'll admit, I read it.

Gotta admit, Thor is no Jane Austin...

http://www.tadgear.com/tgia_164.htm
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

As I indicated in a previous post, I'm now done with the second Vince Flynn book; just awesome!

I'm reading his books at a rate of one/week. I wish they'd list them in sequence, but I'm purchasing them based on (c) and published date.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

This will help.....you don't have to read them in order.....but it does flow better....

What is the chronological order of your books?

Term Limits, Transfer of Power, The Third Option, Separation of Power, Executive Power, Memorial Day, Consent to Kill, Act of Treason, Protect and Defend, Extreme Measures
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Read it two weeks ago. 7 on a scale of 10. I've just finished Pressfield's "Afgahn Campaign," which I thought was was even better than "Gates of Fire."
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Ranger Bill wrote:Read it two weeks ago. 7 on a scale of 10. I've just finished Pressfield's "Afgahn Campaign," which I thought was was even better than "Gates of Fire."
I loaned my copy to a SF guy heading to the sandbox and never saw it again. That was a great book; perfect for Infantrymen (Gates was more 'Spec-ops').
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

Thor is friends with Mark Larue of Larue tactical. He mentions him in a couple books. Vince Flynn is a great read as well.
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Ranger Bill wrote:
Read it two weeks ago. 7 on a scale of 10. I've just finished Pressfield's "Afgahn Campaign," which I thought was was even better than "Gates of Fire."
THANX for the recommendation--Great Read! "You look in the faces of your mates, boys of twenty who look fifty, and you know that's how you look too. But you're not fifty. You're twenty. Your're twenty and fifty. Things you thought you'd never do, you've done, and you can never tell anyone...never tell anyone except your mates. Only you don't need to tell them. They know. They know you. Better than a man knows his wife, better than he knows himself. They're bound to you and you to them, like wolves in a pack. It's not you and them, you are them. The unit is indivisibel. One dies, we all die."
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur

Return to “The Mosh Pit”