How many Dep Ranger/Infantry guys do you know??

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Deadmeat

How many Dep Ranger/Infantry guys do you know??

Post by Deadmeat »

Just wondering how many you know, i only at the moment know of one and he's one of my best buds at school. We talk Army all day, though he's just going regular Infantry. We keep eachother up to date on PT and such. Just wondering how you compare to others and what they do for training.... Are you ahead of them or behind?? I feel as though i'm way ahead since everyone at Dep meetings talks about not doing anything, or if that in a great while. I got 7 months before basic, lets hope i can stay motivated that long.
Sal

Post by Sal »

I know of two other guys in my DEP that are infantry. One wants to go Ranger but he didnt get an option 40. Come to think of it, Im not sure he even got airborne. Man, there was no way I was ever gonna walk out of that office without getting exactly what I wanted. But hey, he may get a shot. Most of the people in my DEP are pretty out of shape, so Im way ahead of them. Most of them are MP or intelligence or stuff like that. There is one other infantry guy at DEP but I dont really know him. And then there's the guy thats going intelligence. He can do like five pushups, up from three the last time he tried. I keep telling him he needs to get crackin', but thats all I can do. He's gotta do it.
Glock

Post by Glock »

Everyone in my DEP group is WAY out of shape. I am far ahead of them. Most of them are just not motivated.
Matt117

Post by Matt117 »

Same here. I think the common misconception is that recruites will get all the pt they need to get through RIP in basic. But then again, not everyone aspires to be a Ranger and setting for less.
snapper-916-
Embryo

Post by snapper-916- »

sal, where you from?
josh1485
Egg

Post by josh1485 »

I don't know anyone in my DEP that got option 40, which is pretty sad that all option 40 spots are taken already. I do know of 1 kid going Air Assault and 2 guys going SF - Lucky Bastards! Me and my buddy got 11x w/ Airborne contracts...
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

MilitaryMind wrote:Im DEP 11x, so i know one, and thats me
Well, there you have it..."an Army of One."

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”