Cancun, Mexico

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Thanks a lot for the info, SOTB.

I am back in the US as of last night. The bus was about 6.50 pesos, which equates to around $0.60 per ride. The cabs were easily ten times as much, unless one negotiated with the driver, which I did a few times.

Going out to the clubs, which I did not do and don't regret, will constitute of people even more wasted than they would be stateside. I saw them crawl all over the strip. Embarrassing. I think we've all seen the assclowns with "Senor Frogs" and "Margeritaville" t-shirts tumbling around with a bad sunburn and corona in hand.

The 4 star hotel comment was on point. If it isn't 5 stars it isn't going to be worth your money. We did 4 and I was more annoyed than satisfied.
Thursday
Tadpole

Post by Thursday »

Rico wrote:If the clubs are open, go at least once to the one with a statue of Beetlejuice in front of it. The wire show is amazing, everything from spiderman to the matrix. The other big club does a cirque de soleil type of thing, and all the bartenders do a big "fire bottle" coctail show which is awesome.
I realize that Ranger Nomad is back, but I second what Ranger Rico said. The club with Beetlejuice in front of it is called Coco Bongo and it is totally worth the 60 bucks or so to get in. They take the entertainment to a new level with all of the different acts that they do. Truly amazing.

The only other thing that I though of mentioning that I didn't see posted was going to Isla Mujares. It's a very small island off the cost on the Gulf side that was my favorite part of going to Cancun. We did the dolphin experience where we were able to swim with them. There is also a ton of shopping and little taquerias that have simply awesome food. Being on the island was the only time I actually felt like I was in Mexico and not in just another American City.

Glad to see you got back safely Ranger Nomad.

edit: Forgot to mention that there is going to be a Coco Bongo in Vegas soon. If you want an awesome show while in Vegas and if it is open, definitely check it out.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Thursday wrote:
edit: Forgot to mention that there is going to be a Coco Bongo in Vegas soon. If you want an awesome show while in Vegas and if it is open, definitely check it out.
I'll have to check that out one of these days, (esp. if I can score some free tickets)
although I wasn't really impressed with the Coco Bongo video on YouTube.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”