Security Clearance issues

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

racer88
Embryo

Security Clearance issues

Post by racer88 »

So I have security clearance issues, I live in a small town and had a couple incidences that look 100 times worse on paper. I am joining the army for two reasons. The challenge and the educational benefits, I have already learned that my recruiters are feeding me what ever kind of lies and manipulation to get me in and that the 100 percent tuition assitance has a cap of about 23% of what I would need to attend the school I want to attend. But Money is not the issue for me I want to become a Ranger I know I have what it takes and for me its the only way I would join the military. So I was wondering if there was someone I could talk to on this forum about my situation so I can find out the bottom line truth and stop wasting my recruiters/ my time if Im following a carrot on a stick with this.
Also my recruiter said that he could get airborne on my contract not matter what, so if that is the case and I cant get opt 40, do I have a chance at volunteering for RIP out of airborne school despite my security clearance issues? Thank you for your time -Austen
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

You will need to get the security issues worked out. There are waivers for some things. What issues are they?
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

there are a few. I attended a boot camp a few years ago that also dealt with drug dependancy so just for going I am labeled as someone with a drug problem history in all of my documents and some of the reports in my court checks have false information in them. the main thing is the two incidences I encountered with the law. first incident I took my grandmothers car and when pulled over for speeding I drove off. getting me 3 felonies, grand Theft Auto, Possesion of stolen property, and evasion
the second incident I was tresspassing with a pothead buddy of mine in an abandoned building paranoid after hearin something he throws his dads marijuana packed tobacco pipe in the corner... I pick it up thinking hes just being ridiculous, turns out to be police. I get arrested and charged with breaking and entering possesion of marijuana and felony burgulary. These things look horrible even worse on paper, but do not define me in anyway. I am willing to do whatever it takes in order to get past this. I just need to know where to take the first neccesary steps. I received an asvab score of 85 and a line score of at least 121 in all categories. I am a horrible test taker and being rushed into taking it got no time to study. I it would greater my chance of becoming a ranger I know I could easily get a much higher score if its even possible to retake. Sorry to make a novel of my reply but I tried to keep it short... theyre just things that need to be explained. Thank you -Austen
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

and to clear up that last part about attending airborne school without opt 40 to better my chances by volunteering for RIP afterward... I understand that I will need a security clearance no matter what for RIP but my recruiter was telling me that I may have a better chance at getting one after going through basic and airborne and earning a reputation. and I wanted to know if this is true and if it would greater my chance of getting into the program, or if im being told this to just get my contract signed...
SilentKiller
Ranger

Post by SilentKiller »

racer88 wrote:there are a few. I attended a boot camp a few years ago that also dealt with drug dependancy so just for going I am labeled as someone with a drug problem history in all of my documents and some of the reports in my court checks have false information in them.
sounds kind of fishy....you saying you've been framed?
racer88 wrote: the main thing is the two incidences I encountered with the law. first incident I took my grandmothers car and when pulled over for speeding I drove off. getting me 3 felonies, grand Theft Auto, Possesion of stolen property, and evasion
that's just downright stupid right there. what are you running from.....
And why grand theft? Did you take your grandmother's car without her permission?
racer88 wrote:the second incident I was tresspassing with a pothead buddy of mine in an abandoned building paranoid after hearin something he throws his dads marijuana packed tobacco pipe in the corner
In my experience, most people who hang around with 'a pothead buddy' in an abandoned building are potheads themselves. And it's his dad's pipe? What's he doing with it?
racer88 wrote:... I pick it up thinking hes just being ridiculous, turns out to be police. I get arrested and charged with breaking and entering possesion of marijuana and felony burgulary.
Abandoned building - was it posted? You admitted you were trespassing...again, stupid move. Why did you get arrested....Because you're stupid.
racer88 wrote:These things look horrible even worse on paper, but do not define me in anyway. I am willing to do whatever it takes in order to get past this. I just need to know where to take the first neccesary steps.
Grow up. Start taking responsibility for yourself and your actions. You should count yourself lucky if the Army takes you at all. Part of being a Ranger is being a responsible, intelligent human being with integrity. These traits don't seem to define you.
racer88 wrote:I received an asvab score of 85 and a line score of at least 121 in all categories. I am a horrible test taker and being rushed into taking it got no time to study. I it would greater my chance of becoming a ranger I know I could easily get a much higher score if its even possible to retake.
Sounds like an excuse to me. If you are a horrible test taker what does that mean? It means you choke under pressure. A Ranger doesn't have the opportunity to choke - that's why the entrance requirements are strict, we can't afford to have anyone who's going to choke at a critical moment.
A co 2/75 BlackSheep '84-87'
Silent Killers!
RS 7-85
RLTW!

According to Webster's:
BlackSheep: A discreditable member of a respectable group.
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

Damn dude. Ok, So let me get this straight..you have a record that consists of: Grand Theft Auto, Possession of Stolen Property, Evasion, Breaking and Entering, Possession of Marijuana, and Burglary?

I'd say that you're going to have significant difficulty obtaining a secret clearance; which is what's required for Regiment. When the people whom do such things reviews your record, they will see a thief who uses drugs. When I was in recruiting applicants with your history were usually no go'd unless they had YEARS of good boy time under their belt since their last meeting with law enforcement. That was, however, pre 9-11 so things are probably different now.

I'd tend to call bullshit on your recruiter's claim that you can earn a reputation after only basic and airborne. If you've served in a unit without any issues, maybe you'd have a better chance; but I just don't see someone making that call after only a few months of honorable service.

I say fuck it, if you can't swing Ranger then take the airborne infantry contract. Make the attempt to go Ranger while in airborne school, and if that don't work then apply for RIP every year while you're in an airborne unit. They'll take you, or they won't. Either way you're still better off than hanging around getting locked up with your buds.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

This little shit actually feels that his recruiter is wasting his time.

Given his fucking pedigree, the fucking recruiter's doing him a fucking favor just letting him in the office.

Here's a cruel but true fact of life sonny...we just don't fucking need you.

If grandma can't trust you...fuck, you're a goddamn NOGO.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

racer88 wrote:there are a few. I attended a boot camp a few years ago that also dealt with drug dependancy so just for going I am labeled as someone with a drug problem history in all of my documents and some of the reports in my court checks have false information in them. the main thing is the two incidences I encountered with the law. first incident I took my grandmothers car and when pulled over for speeding I drove off. getting me 3 felonies, grand Theft Auto, Possesion of stolen property, and evasion
the second incident I was tresspassing with a pothead buddy of mine in an abandoned building paranoid after hearin something he throws his dads marijuana packed tobacco pipe in the corner... I pick it up thinking hes just being ridiculous, turns out to be police. I get arrested and charged with breaking and entering possesion of marijuana and felony burgulary. These things look horrible even worse on paper, but do not define me in anyway. I am willing to do whatever it takes in order to get past this. I just need to know where to take the first neccesary steps. I received an asvab score of 85 and a line score of at least 121 in all categories. I am a horrible test taker and being rushed into taking it got no time to study. I it would greater my chance of becoming a ranger I know I could easily get a much higher score if its even possible to retake. Sorry to make a novel of my reply but I tried to keep it short... theyre just things that need to be explained. Thank you -Austen
You never said what you took from the "abandoned" building to get Felony Theft....

So if I had a reason to and ran a III Criminal History on you for one of my officers it would show 4 felony and 2 misdemeanor convictions? Hell that alone should disqualify you from McDonald's let alone the military. How old are you? I am only asking cause I wonder how long you have had to fuck up this royally. We all do stupid shit but you sound like your in the fuck up category.
"If you cannot accomplish great things, Accomplish small things in a great way"

"A Goal is a dream with a deadline"

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
SilentKiller
Ranger

Post by SilentKiller »

91W wrote:How old are you? I am only asking cause I wonder how long you have had to fuck up this royally. We all do stupid shit but you sound like your in the fuck up category.
This winner is an veteran of the streets at 17....
A co 2/75 BlackSheep '84-87'
Silent Killers!
RS 7-85
RLTW!

According to Webster's:
BlackSheep: A discreditable member of a respectable group.
91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

He PM'd me Ranger, He has convictions for joyriding and trespassing. I am still trying to figure out what his fucking deal is. If he is stupid, an attention seeker, or just fucking dishonest and is embellishing shit.

I'm calling Bullshit on his story though, out of four class d felonies and two class c misdemeanors they got two class d misdemeanor convictions. Something does not add up.
"If you cannot accomplish great things, Accomplish small things in a great way"

"A Goal is a dream with a deadline"

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

91W wrote:
I'm calling Bullshit on his story though
Well no shit. Not like he's shown a whole lot of integrity, honesty and brains.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

abnhawk wrote:... if you can't swing Ranger then take the airborne infantry contract. Make the attempt to go Ranger while in airborne school, and if that don't work then apply for RIP every year while you're in an airborne unit. They'll take you, or they won't. Either way you're still better off than hanging around getting locked up with your buds.
This is solid advice and a course of action that can help get you on the right path.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
coldsteal2
Veteran: US Army/US Navy

Post by coldsteal2 »

:shock:

and my sister had a realy hard time getting in to the Army
just becuase of a car wreck in high school,
how things have changed
SGT USArmy Retired/Disabled
B 1/44 ADA 9th ID Ft Lewis 88-91 16R10 Vulcan Gunner