Pay Attention

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

PocketKings wrote:
Darksaga wrote:
rangertough wrote:Only 3 real rules you need to follow when you are in the Army:

1. Look Cool

2. Don't Get Caught

3. If Caught...Look Cool

Smoking your buddy through the thighs definately violates rule #1. Farckin' tards.

Tough
:shock: Where the hell have you been?!?!

Hope you have been doing well.

oh yeah and you fucking owe me a Guinness, Bastard.
They say it's the quiet ones you need to worry about and in case you haven't noticed, 'tough ain't said shit for a while now.
Just givng the hard charger a little of a tough time since he was suppossed to give me a call about a month ago. :wink:
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Darksaga wrote:
42L5V wrote:1. Treat every weapon as if it is loaded.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot.
3. Don't point your weapon at anything you're not willing to destroy.
4. Know your target and beyond.

Those four rules are the bottom line. Prayers out for your wounded comerade.
Shit Ranger.

You haven't been to the range with a bunch of non-shooter's lately have you?
Bro,

I teach advanced pistol (M11 SigSauer), MP5K, transition drills, reactive fire and day/night stress shooting to MPs and CID agents. The fuck I haven't been to the range with non-shooters... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

If they don't at least try for maximum punishment, the chain of command will be completely, totally remiss.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this act.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

42L5V wrote:
Darksaga wrote:
42L5V wrote:1. Treat every weapon as if it is loaded.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot.
3. Don't point your weapon at anything you're not willing to destroy.
4. Know your target and beyond.

Those four rules are the bottom line. Prayers out for your wounded comerade.
Shit Ranger.

You haven't been to the range with a bunch of non-shooter's lately have you?
Bro,

I teach advanced pistol (M11 SigSauer), MP5K, transition drills, reactive fire and day/night stress shooting to MPs and CID agents. The fuck I haven't been to the range with non-shooters... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
LMAO!

I would love to take those classes!

BTW Brother you haven't lived until you have gone to the range with a reserve psychiatric unit. :shock:
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:If they don't at least try for maximum punishment, the chain of command will be completely, totally remiss.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this act.

You'd be suprised just how difficult it is fry someone in this day and age.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Darksaga wrote:BTW Brother you haven't lived until you have gone to the range with a reserve psychiatric unit. :shock:
They let them carry weapons? :shock: Imagine being with nut cases all day then going to the range. What if nah never mind they're doctors right?
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
31B_Soldier
Tadpole

Post by 31B_Soldier »

[quote="42L5V]

Bro,

I teach advanced pistol (M11 SigSauer), MP5K, transition drills, reactive fire and day/night stress shooting to MPs and CID agents. The fuck I haven't been to the range with non-shooters... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Now Ranger 42L5V...

If I were a preceptive young lad, I would think this was a crack about MPs being non-shooters.....

While I cannot speak for everyone in the MP Corps (obviously, see post 1), I can honestly say I have never shot less than a 49/50!
B/787 MP Training Btn 03 Nov 05-1 Apr 05
300th MP CO 16 Apr 05-20 Mar 07
OIF V-VII, Ramadi, Iraq
116th MP CO 20 Mar 07-Present
OIF VII - Present Iraq

"The turning of the tide in battle always begins with one Soldier's decision to return to the fray..."
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

PocketKings wrote:
Darksaga wrote:
rangertough wrote:Only 3 real rules you need to follow when you are in the Army:

1. Look Cool

2. Don't Get Caught

3. If Caught...Look Cool

Smoking your buddy through the thighs definately violates rule #1. Farckin' tards.

Tough

:shock: Where the hell have you been?!?!

Hope you have been doing well.

oh yeah and you fucking owe me a Guinness, Bastard.
They say it's the quiet ones you need to worry about and in case you haven't noticed, 'tough ain't said shit for a while now.
Hijack:
Been working my ass off at a job I hate (writing OPORDS for half-wits that havn't even seen one before) so I can keep bread on the table until I get picked up by a fire department. I tend to be incomunicado when all I've got to say is shit and vitriol.
:end Hijack
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Chiron wrote:
Darksaga wrote:BTW Brother you haven't lived until you have gone to the range with a reserve psychiatric unit. :shock:
They let them carry weapons? :shock: Imagine being with nut cases all day then going to the range. What if nah never mind they're doctors right?
The old 3/75 surgeon from the late 90's was in the President's Hundred. He was bad-ass with a m-16/m-4

You'd be suprised just how difficult it is fry someone in this day and age.
I can't even imagine.

When Jamie Dimaise was killed in a training accident in '99 I felt bad for the kid that did it, only because that is a burden he will carry forever.

I still thought that he should get more than a slap on the wrist because HE is the one who didn't check to see the weapon was clear and safe. Yes, I guess the whole COC was to blame because they didn't put enough command emphasis in safe weapons handling, but c'mon, I remember that was the very first thing I was taught in handling a weapon safely.... ..muzzle awareness
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

31B_Soldier wrote:
Now Ranger 42L5V...

If I were a preceptive young lad, I would think this was a crack about MPs being non-shooters.....

While I cannot speak for everyone in the MP Corps (obviously, see post 1), I can honestly say I have never shot less than a 49/50!
This isn't a dig on you, but...

I'm a USAMPS instructor at the PSD course - all I deal with are MPs and CID agents. I teach combat pistol, amongst other things. Most "agents" now days aren't former MPs, they're crossover from other MOSs. They're truck drivers, supply clerks, etc. who passed the background check to become CID. You have to be a SGT/E-5 or below to crossover. Which means they have shot pistol about five times in their life. Most MPs can't shoot for shit - the schoolhouse is too lock step in their approach to teaching shooting. We don't teach that crap. No blading, no Weaver bullshit. No first shot on single action. We don't do the standard qualification stuff. Have you ever shot a target that is about 2-3 meters away from the close-in? The close-in is where you draw, and as soon as your muzzle clears the holster, rotate it up and shoot from the hip. (two rounds in 3 seconds - I've seen misses at almost every range. How the fuck do you miss from 6 feet?) We shoot a 60 round qualification for 300 points. Like I said - advanced pistol marksmanship. You know, where you actually have to draw and engage a target, do an emergency reload and re-engage. Shooting on the move. Support hand shooting. Shooting in the kneeling position. Barricade shooting. Stress shooting. Not the "all clear on the left? all clear on the right? firers, lock and load, watch your lane" bullshit. Hell, does the 50 point qualifiction table even include drawing a loaded weapon? Why do most L&O patrol officers not carry a hot gun? Most PMOs refuse to allow their patrol guys to chamber a round. Why not? Because the Army doesn't teach gunfighting - it teaches marksmanship. That's two totally different things. My 14 year old can qualify with a pistol. Put him in a life-fire shoothouse, and it's a different story. The worst shooters are junior officers.

The Army Marksmanship Program is broke - especially for pistol. I see more bad habits in stance, grip, rapid reloading, etc. than you can imagine. Any jackass can shoot a pistol reasonably well on the Army qualification tables.

Now, you said that the accident happened with an M-4 on the range. Which means that your unit is going to go way overboard on range safety procedures, and your "marksmanship" training will be even more safe and more stupid. Now your units' shooting will become even more unrealistic, in the name of safety. I don't blame PFC Shitbrick - I blame the leadership. I'm assuming that the lane safety and RSO are gonna fry just as well.

Anyway, enough of the hijack. Send me a PM if you're interested in how we shoot/teach shooting. Better yet, come to the course, so you can buy me a beer! :lol:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by Ops NCO »

So this kid already had a negligent discharge in basic...and they still sent him on to permanent party? It's been a long twenty+ years, but I can't imagine that happening back in the day...

(You know...back when it was hard....) :P
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR

Return to “The Mosh Pit”