Personality Tests

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

PocketKings
Ranger

Personality Tests

Post by PocketKings »

I don't know how many of you have taken them, but I wish I would have before joining the Army. I'm curious as to how some of you have or will score. More importantly, how you have used the information gleaned to establish your own personal leadership style.

The second and third links are to tests you can take online. take the Jung test (also known as the Myers-Briggs Indicator). The Wiki article shows what famous people you stack up against.

Me? I'm a ENTJ. I rank up there with Hitler and Nixon.

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator at Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Brig ... _Indicator

Personality Tests at Similar Minds
http://similarminds.com/

Personality Type Descriptions at Typelogic
http://www.typelogic.com/
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

One of those tests just told me...I was Sadaam Hussein!!!!! What the fucking fuck :lol: :lol: :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Advanced Global Personality Test Results

Extraversion |||||||||| 40%
Stability |||||||||||||||| 70%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 73%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||| 70%
Interdependence |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
Intellectual |||||||||||| 43%
Mystical |||||||||||||| 56%
Artistic || 10%
Religious || 10%
Hedonism || 10%
Materialism |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Narcissism |||||| 30%
Adventurousness |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Work ethic |||||||||||||| 56%
Self absorbed |||||||||||| 50%
Conflict seeking |||||||||||| 50%
Need to dominate |||||||||| 36%
Romantic |||||||||||| 50%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Anti-authority |||||||||||| 43%
Wealth |||||| 30%
Dependency |||| 16%
Change averse |||||| 30%
Cautiousness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Individuality |||||||||| 36%
Sexuality |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Peter pan complex || 10%
Physical security |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Physical fitness |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Histrionic || 10%
Paranoia |||||||||||||||| 63%
Vanity |||||||||| 36%
Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 50%
Indie |||||||||||| 50%

Stability results were high which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic..

Orderliness results were high which suggests you are overly organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at the expense too often of flexibility, efficiency, spontaneity, and fun.

Extraversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and secretive.

trait snapshot:

secretive, organized, clean, rarely worries, solitary, high self control, dislikes large parties, prefers organized to unpredictable, prudent, observer, tough, self reliant, very good at saving money, introverted, perfectionist, mind over heart, not controlling of others, hard working, confident, resolute, solitary, does not make friends easily, finisher, does not like to stand out, very practical, intellectual, unsympathetic at times, honest, respects authority, follows the rules, cautious

Also

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 12 62 89

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
• slightly expressed introvert
• slightly expressed intuitive personality
• distinctively expressed thinking personality
• very expressed judging personality
Last edited by Chiron on December 7th, 2007, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Unsympathetic! HA!

If I were a cadet or DEP, I'd take one. We had to take them in my MBA program and they helped towards putting good groups together.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

PocketKings wrote:Unsympathetic! HA!
Yeah that got me thinking too..... :roll:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

It pegged me pretty accurately:

Introverted (I) 53.13% Extroverted (E) 46.88%
Sensing (S) 73.53% Intuitive (N) 26.47%
Thinking (T) 65.71% Feeling (F) 34.29%
Judging (J) 80.65% Perceiving (P) 19.35%

Your type is: ISTJ

Description from Wikipedia:

Keirsey Characteristics
According to Keirsey, ISTJs, or "Inspector Guardians," are careful and thorough in examining people and institutions. Composing about 6 to 10 percent of the population, Inspectors are decisive in practical affairs. These guardians of institutions are perhaps best described as dependable: ISTJs are people of their word, intent on preserving social and family values. At home and at work, Inspectors reliably examine the people and products that fall under their responsibility—unobtrusively ensuring uniform quality and demanding that certain standards of conduct are maintained.

In both their professional and personal lives, individuals of this type are rather quiet and serious. ISTJs are extraordinarily persevering and dependable. The thought of dishonoring a contract would appall a person of this type. When they give their word, they give their honor. ISTJs can be counted on to conserve the resources of the institution they serve and bring to their work a practical point of view. They perform their duties without flourish or fanfare; therefore, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not directly seeking leadership positions, ISTJs are often placed in such roles. They build a reputation for reliable, stable, and consistent performance that causes others to select them to lead. ISTJs use their past experience and their factual knowledge in their decision making.

For the ISTJ, love means commitment, steadiness, and consistency. ISTJs expect themselves and their mates to be responsible, practical, and dependable. When in a relationship, they behave appropriately for what the situation or their role demands. For example, if the relationship is in the courting stage, the ISTJ will exhibit courting behaviors, such as giving boxes of candy, red roses and presents. These are worthwhile and important traditions to uphold and observe because they give direct evidence of commitment.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

clean, organized, regular, self reliant, tough, positive, high self control, very good at saving money, dislikes chaos, resolute, realist, trusting, hard working, dislikes unpredictability, prefers a technical specialized career, not worrying, respects authority, enjoys leadership, finisher, normal, optimistic, controlling, prudent, modest, adventurous, does not like to be alone, intellectual, likes the unknown, very practical, high self esteem, assertive, perfectionist, busy, altruistic

Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at the expense of flexibility, efficiency, spontaneity, and fun.

Extraversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
swagger
Ranger

Post by swagger »

Creeping Death wrote:It pegged me pretty accurately:

Introverted (I) 53.13% Extroverted (E) 46.88%
Sensing (S) 73.53% Intuitive (N) 26.47%
Thinking (T) 65.71% Feeling (F) 34.29%
Judging (J) 80.65% Perceiving (P) 19.35%

Your type is: ISTJ

Description from Wikipedia:

Keirsey Characteristics
According to Keirsey, ISTJs, or "Inspector Guardians," are careful and thorough in examining people and institutions. Composing about 6 to 10 percent of the population, Inspectors are decisive in practical affairs. These guardians of institutions are perhaps best described as dependable: ISTJs are people of their word, intent on preserving social and family values. At home and at work, Inspectors reliably examine the people and products that fall under their responsibility—unobtrusively ensuring uniform quality and demanding that certain standards of conduct are maintained.

In both their professional and personal lives, individuals of this type are rather quiet and serious. ISTJs are extraordinarily persevering and dependable. The thought of dishonoring a contract would appall a person of this type. When they give their word, they give their honor. ISTJs can be counted on to conserve the resources of the institution they serve and bring to their work a practical point of view. They perform their duties without flourish or fanfare; therefore, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not directly seeking leadership positions, ISTJs are often placed in such roles. They build a reputation for reliable, stable, and consistent performance that causes others to select them to lead. ISTJs use their past experience and their factual knowledge in their decision making.

For the ISTJ, love means commitment, steadiness, and consistency. ISTJs expect themselves and their mates to be responsible, practical, and dependable. When in a relationship, they behave appropriately for what the situation or their role demands. For example, if the relationship is in the courting stage, the ISTJ will exhibit courting behaviors, such as giving boxes of candy, red roses and presents. These are worthwhile and important traditions to uphold and observe because they give direct evidence of commitment.
x2 except the only variation was an even distribution of 60% range to all categories.

Funny, only Carl Gustav I ever knew of we named something that makes large exploding holes in armor. GGGOOOOOOOSSSSEEEE!
1st BN: Bco 98-02, HHC 02-04
RS 5-99

If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

My bud took the Jung test at some point. He came out ISTJ as well. Supposedly it is the perfect type for some type of spooky work. Which, I don't know.

Apparently the 'Introverted' isn't what most people think of when they use the term. This 'introverted' just means more likely to be the 'strong, silent type.' Everyone thinks SOF guys are all loud mouthed braggarts, but the truth is that FAR more fit into the Introverted (under this definition) category (not given to brag or boast, or even talk unless they have to).

I like this stuff. It fits under the old 'Be,Know, Do' Leadership stuff (a leader must know himself). Its not like any of the results aren't stuff we already know, but it helps to have it put into terms.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

When I took it I was an ISTJ. For what it's worth.
Last edited by Jim on December 7th, 2007, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I have no personality.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

Ranger Bill wrote:I have no personality.
You can go back to CIF and get one of those issued if they were out when you were in line. Mine is faulty, I am thinking of DX'ing it.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Was I telling the truth or not? What’s my personality type? I bet it doesn’t exist anyway.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton

Return to “The Mosh Pit”