2008 Presidential elections

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

If you had to vote now, who would it be for?

Hillary Clinton?
1%
Barak Obama?
1%
Rudy Giuliani?
12%
Fred Thompson?
37%
Mitt Romney?
2%
John McCain?
29%
Ron Paul?
7%
Bill Richardson?
1%
One of the other hacks?
8%

Total votes: 83

BruteForce
US Army Veteran

2008 Presidential elections

Post by BruteForce »

Who are you going to vote for? Every 4 years, I'm disturbed by the lack of "qualified" candidates running for President.

To be candid, I wasn't enthusiastic about George W. running, and although I regretted it after-the-fact, I voted for Kerry, because when Bush Sr. was in office, I saw no-good come from it.

This go-around, I just don't see a viable candidate.

My .02cents:

Hillary does nothing for me, but she seems to be getting the lion's share of $ and media and is getting BS press about having credentials due to Bill being in office.

Giuliani is a putz and is riding on the coat-tails of 9/11, even though he didn't do shit during his tenture as mayor.

Romney represented my new state of Utah well during the 2002 Olympics, but appears to be just another "joe" running for Pres. I don't know too much about him yet.

Obama..well, let's just say I'm not voting for anybody who is even remotely tainted by anything muslim-related; let alone he hasn't yet proven himself to be about anything..

Fred Thompson is just another actor with some junior level political experience. Again, I just don't know enough about him..

Ron Paul has a ton of local advertising with banners on every sky-bridge in town, but again --- what's he about and why should I care?

All the others are just old-school political hacks just trying for a pay raise.

Please feel free to share your comments, thoughts, opinions, etc..

If you require education on the specific candidates, visit:
Clic here
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I wouldn't call Fred Thompsons tenure as a U.S. Senator "junior level political experience." Hilary scares me, and Obama terrifies me. If either one were to be elected, I would seriously consider moving to Canada.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

I too am very unexcited about the field of candidates, however at this point I am eager to see anyone in office other than the incumbant. So far the only one I can lean in any way towards is Obama, not by much, but just from what I've read and heard. I am not a political analyst, but his youth, education, and thus far demeanor and what I hope is a level of open mindedness in regards to establishing a foregin policy are appealing to me.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I would take some time to look at Fred.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

As of right now, I'm voting for the Putz! :D
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Personally I feel electing a Democrat is akin to making this country a model of Marism (Hillary's speciallity) communionsm with her grandiose plans at Nat'l Health, Wanting to take the profits (nationalizing the profits - what could be more communistic) from the Oil Gaints & stamping out the media opposition (funny that some Argentine President did the same very thing already in his country).

Obama doesn't know what it is to be white or black but yellow fits him to a tee.

Not a single Democrat complained out loud of Chavez eliminating his rival views TV station in Argentina. A typical Communistic ploy.

When Bill was in office and our ship(s) & embassy's world wide were attacked & he/Bill did nada in retribution - so I really believe he and Hillary are the same & of same mind. No way do I want a repeast of the 90p's with the klintons in office.

I'd like to see Mr. McCain get elected as he is a true warrior in heart tainted by some Liberal ideas. so as of now I am the lone McCain voter.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Im mystified that anyone would look at Thompson and say he is just another actor. Guess you can say Reagan was as well but seems that turned out pretty well dont you think? And Obama...Lord have mercy :shock:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
KeyserS175

Post by KeyserS175 »

Obama makes me ashamed to be from IL, and Hillary just scares the shit out of me. I would love to see McCain get elected, I personally think he should have been elected President last time he ran, but not much can be said about that. The problem is I don't think McCain will win the nomination because he is having such a funding issue. I think Thompson has a shot, but he is to conservative for me, so for me that leaves Giuliani as the only viable candidate after McCain.
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Although he's not running, what did you all think about Gen. Wes Clark last election?
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

BruteForce wrote:Although he's not running, what did you all think about Gen. Wes Clark last election?
Obama is a representation of what is most wrong with politics in this country. He speaks in sound bytes, looks good and has no qualifications other than he's not white. He is a great novelty candidate.

Giuliani (sp)...is a serial newlywed and a absentee father. But he has demonstrated leadership in a time of great stress.

Hillary has a set of balls that would make John Holmes blush. She is also part of a silent syndicate that would wrap it's tentacles around every single piece of loose change in your pocket.

Romney..Nice hair, nice suit. He's a member of a cult!

Thompson is another southern fat cat who has the experience but lacks the back bone. His "I'm gonna' run soon" game has cost him valuable time and hurt his ability to garner financial support.

As far as Wesley Clark, how often have we seen "Retired Generals" who suddenly found their candor (once their pay checks were not at risk).

Here's an idea...who gives a fuck? At the end of all this petty bickering and backstabbing we'll be stuck voting for one of the two least qualified, best sounding politicians in the entire world.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

I'm a fan of this website for figuring out whether or not I give a crap about candidates.

So far, I hate everyone in the election. Just like in real life.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

Duncan Hunter (R. California) looks like the best man running right now.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
Chiron
Ranger

!

Post by Chiron »

I was listening to my wise experienced 78 year old father the other day. He has voted both right and left depending on what his issue was at the time. He is against the GWOT and I won’t go into that as he doesn’t change in that respect. However, he told me that if Hillary becomes president it will be the downfall of America. She has said things now and in the past that totally crush the relationship between the west and the Middle East. Don’t ask me what she said it doesn’t matter. Her thoughts that we will stop the war pull out and call it a day will get many Americans killed, dead! In fact I have listened to many talk on CNN especially in the Democratic Party and the only thing I could think of was, “God help usâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Another decent website for determining a candidate's stance on issues-

http://www.vote-smart.org/
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

I have been kind of leaning toward Rudy because of his "Strong" style of leadership which I think we need right now. Someone who will push back. Althought I have always liked Thompson's thinking. McCain is a warrior, but I don't like some of the political games he has played the last few years on some issues.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “The Mosh Pit”