Tom Cryer Beat The IRS - There Is No Federal Income Tax Law

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Tirehouse
Ranger

Tom Cryer Beat The IRS - There Is No Federal Income Tax Law

Post by Tirehouse »

Shreveport attorney, Tom Cryer, won a unanimous NOT GUILTY verdict in federal district court defeating the IRS’s claim that Tom “willfullyâ€
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Interesting.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

There is a short movie you can watch at http://www.freedomtofascism.com/. Click on the link that says Watch it for Free on Google.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Didn't everybody know this? There is nothing in the federal tax code saying it is manditory to file.

Just try not paying though. this guy was lucky.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Tirehouse
Ranger

Post by Tirehouse »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:Didn't everybody know this? There is nothing in the federal tax code saying it is manditory to file.

Thats my point...if there is no law then how the hell are people going to jail???? Doesn't this strike anyone as a little odd?
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

I thought it was the other way around and they were more likely to bust you for not filing vs. owing money. Who knows, the whole system is fucked up.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Tirehouse wrote:
The Sleepy Doc wrote:Didn't everybody know this? There is nothing in the federal tax code saying it is manditory to file.

Thats my point...if there is no law then how the hell are people going to jail???? Doesn't this strike anyone as a little odd?
maybe they are going to jail because they declare other or lower amounts to get away from paying that way they get caught lieing or "cheating" which is another ball game. Like perjury while under oath.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

And what has become of the New Hampshire tax evasion man who barricaded he and his wife in their home while SWAT teams surrounded it? :shock:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/news-123/251 ... -home.html
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

The IRS is the only Federal Agency that goes by the assumption "Guilty until proven innocent".
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

If I thought this legit, Id try it. However, I can name at least 10 people I have known or known of that were prosecuted for tax evasion. IF there was no law, then how did multitudes of Attorneys, Judges, and CPA's miss it until this mustachiod fucktard?

Now, if some of ya'll want to give er a try, Ill sit on the sidelines and cheer. Ill also send you care packages in prison.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

There are several cases shown in the movie Flesh Thorn has a link to.

In the cases that were lost, the judges wouldn't allow the tax code to be brought into evidence. If I recall, they said one particular judge wouldn't allow any evidence that helped the defendants case. He cited it all as being irrelevant.

But apparently it's true. Even though it's a law, there is nothing in the US tax code that says it's mandatory for an individual to file a yearly income tax return.

I guess it comes down to a case of who has the slickest attorney..

Me?.. I'm not rollin' the dice. My luck has never been that good.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Since he's not paying tax (I'll assume it's true) then he should have to "Pay per use" for any service that is subsidized by the federal government. He should pay buy the mile for any use of the federal highway system or federally subsidized roads. He should have to adopt at least one Service member and pay for training, salary, etc...

I don't necessarily like paying taxes but it's necessary for the services we expect. Maybe the tax code could be simplified or modified, but there is cost for running an entire nation.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I knew about this for years. NEVER thought I'd see someone win in court though...usally they get arrested, burned, killed, etc.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Silverback wrote:Since he's not paying tax (I'll assume it's true) then he should have to "Pay per use" for any service that is subsidized by the federal government. He should pay buy the mile for any use of the federal highway system or federally subsidized roads. He should have to adopt at least one Service member and pay for training, salary, etc...

I don't necessarily like paying taxes but it's necessary for the services we expect. Maybe the tax code could be simplified or modified, but there is cost for running an entire nation.
I would completely agree if not for the fact that the goobermint taxes every other thing we touch in addition to our income: fuel, phone service, fuck I ain't gonna try to list them all. Their opportunities to fund the necessities are not in limited supply.

On a side note, I have read in the the past that the income tax is required to keep our fiat economy rolling. Granted, it is probably a conspiracy theory, but the jist of it was as follows:

1. Dept of the Treasury needs to print more money, so they go to the Federal Reserve for permission to print.
2. Federal Reserve grants permission for the Dept of Treasury to print the money, and logs the debt plus interest.
3. Due to the interest, it is a mathmatical impossibility to ever pay off the national debt, as our money is backed by the property said money buys (not gold).
4. Therefore, the income tax exists to pay the interest on the national debt, and the money for the necessities comes from other tax sources.
5. Since our whole economy, and our money is backed by the goods that money buys, that is why many things are registered and subject to tax. I.E. the original title of your vehicle is kept with your state- you only have a copy of that title, and since you don't truly own that vehicle that is why said vehicle can legally be siezed by the government, etc. etc. etc.

Any truth to this? I have no fucking clue. But I did find it very thought provoking. I'm pretty sure it was in an essay on parasitic banking and the secrecy of the Federal Reserve Bank. I've still got it on pdf if anyone wants to read it.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96

Return to “The Mosh Pit”