Unsupportive Parent

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

How old are you?
Do you still depend on your father for support?

You should always be respectful, just understand that he has a different opinion and if you become a Ranger he WILL BE PROUD OF YOU!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Tell your dad this:

When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.

1 Corinthians 13:11

Then tell him you're gonna man up. Then tell him to shut his suck hole.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

P.S.

It sounds like you need a mentor in a bad way!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

PocketKings wrote:Then tell him you're gonna man up. Then tell him to shut his suck hole.
Unless he is still paying the bills!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Tell your Pop thanks for the opinion, but you need to start making your own decisions & start your own path.

My Pop didn't want me to join, told me I would hate it. When I got to Ranger Bn, he had a picture of me in his office. When I got my first picture taken of me in Class A's, he put that in his office & told everyone who would listen "My Son is an Airborne Ranger".

Bottom line is that you Pop is probably scared a little for you. Let him know that your option 40 contract is most likely the best thing you have in keeping you safe. Better training, more money for protective gear and training. Bottom line is that for someone off of the street, making it to the Regiment is the best thing going.

Now stop babbling like a little girl and go run till you puke.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Clash_Z wrote:
Bravo57 wrote:Tell your Pop thanks for the opinion, but you need to start making your own decisions & start your own path.

My Pop didn't want me to join, told me I would hate it. When I got to Ranger Bn, he had a picture of me in his office. When I got my first picture taken of me in Class A's, he put that in his office & told everyone who would listen "My Son is an Airborne Ranger".

Bottom line is that you Pop is probably scared a little for you. Let him know that your option 40 contract is most likely the best thing you have in keeping you safe. Better training, more money for protective gear and training. Bottom line is that for someone off of the street, making it to the Regiment is the best thing going.

Roger that.
What am I your fucking fishing buddy?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

My folks were very supportive of me when I joined the Navy at 17. I was fortunate. My wife was supportive of me when I joined the Army so it's hard for me to relate.

Maybe your dad has the old time sailor's opinion of everything Army especially Infantry. (He probably has a picture of WW II Rangers in his head). I know I did.

Then I went Infantry after realizing that that's the way to go if you're gonna go Army. Going into the Rangers is pure icing on the cake.

He either doesn't like the Army or he loves you or both.

He should be proud of you. I am.

Glenn
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Clash_Z wrote:... Anyone who feels I should have a mentor feel free to PM or something...

:roll:

Re-read your words above. Take a step back and consider how arrogant that sounds from our perspective.

Mentoring isn't something anyone does half-ass - it's a committment. That committment goes both ways. We're not lining up to fight over who gets to mentor you. You have to prove yourself worthy before I or my Ranger brothers are gonna take you on.

By the way... 90% of us feel you should have a mentor, just to fix comments and attitudes like the above. The other 10% thinks you should just STFU.

There is a specific method to requesting a mentor. Seek and ye shall find.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Clash_Z

Re-read as 42L5V instructed you to do!!

Slow down, address properly, focus, and pull your head out.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Bravo57 wrote:
Clash_Z wrote:
Bravo57 wrote:Tell your Pop thanks for the opinion, but you need to start making your own decisions & start your own path.

Roger that.
What am I your fucking fishing buddy?
Fuck no, fishing buddies show up!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Return to “The Mosh Pit”