Ass Clown Conspiracies

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Ass Clown Conspiracies

Post by hobbit »

This was just brought to my attention today. There’s a web forum called AR15.com where the jabber centers on Colt and Kalashnikov automatic rifles. One of the posters there lifted a couple of Ranger team photos from the L Company Ranger web site and posted them on AR15.com because the discussion concerned Colt magazines. That’s all well and fine, but the interesting thing about this forum is that most of the banter speculates that the team photos are fakes, and not real Vietnam Ranger teams. If you want a great laugh, read the "expert opinions" of a couple of these yahoos as to why the photos are fakes. :lol: :lol:

BTW When you scroll down to the photos, I’m the tall guy in the first photo with a banana magazine in my CAR-15.

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=3 ... 107&page=2
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

:roll: :roll:

The dude on the far right looks like his PC is cocked way back on his head, whereas they all say it's photoshop lines.

Good pic, by the way.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Are you kidding? Airsofters? These people need jobs, or real hobbies.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

I think they doubt if you have ever "seen the elephant" whatever the fuck that means, must be an old timers saying.
That is odd that there are no shadows under you guys in the pic.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

bmf175 wrote:I think they doubt if you have ever "seen the elephant" whatever the fuck that means, must be an old timers saying.
That is odd that there are no shadows under you guys in the pic.
"Seeing the elephant" was a term coined during the Civil War to describe soldiers with combat experience.

As to the lack of shadows, I'll let the others here who've experienced terminally overcast skies during a heavy monsoon explain why they're absent.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I think you were right cute when you was a pup, Brother. It kinda tickles me how all the "experts" are talking shit about things that happened while their Dad was still shitting yellow!

If my memory serves me right, the 173rd LRRPs and the 1st Bde,101st LRRPs were some of the first in RVN to get the new CAR 15s.....it was either late '66 or early '67....all of our Team Leaders and Point Men got the first ones. They even brought us out some experimental 30 round mags, but most everyone didn't want to use them because they were worried about jamming.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Slowpoke wrote:I think you were right cute when you was a pup, Brother. It kinda tickles me how all the "experts" are talking shit about things that happened while their Dad was still shitting yellow!

If my memory serves me right, the 173rd LRRPs and the 1st Bde,101st LRRPs were some of the first in RVN to get the new CAR 15s.....it was either late '66 or early '67....all of our Team Leaders and Point Men got the first ones. They even brought us out some experimental 30 round mags, but most everyone didn't want to use them because they were worried about jamming.
Sounds about right. By the time I got to L Company in 1970, all the CAR-15's were worn out. They were smoothbore weapons for all intents and purposes.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

I'm glad that there are other people out there that look into possible posers.

But, those guys are retards. "OMG! FOTosH0pz!"
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Being in a Ranger unit in Viet-Nam had several interesting effects on the boys. We cast no shadows and our image did not reflect an image on mirrors, either.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Jim wrote:Being in a Ranger unit in Viet-Nam had several interesting effects on the boys. We cast no shadows and our image did not reflect an image on mirrors, either.
That would certainly explain my aversion to garlic and crucifax....errr....crusafixz....oh hell, those little cross thingies.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Yeah, you guys look too happy and young in that picture to be LRRPs.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Ranger Bill wrote:Yeah, you guys look too happy and young in that picture to be LRRPs.
One of my kids asked me why no one was smiling in most of my pics, but in the pics where we had worn out cammo on our faces everyone was grinning like idiots......I told her we were just happy to be alive!!!!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I think based on the conclusive evidence posted in that thread and the SME's discussion, I am going to request you to re-submit a verification packet immediately. Furthermore, Ranger's Jim, Bill, Steadfast, Slowpoke, LRP1 and anyone else from the Vietnam era are hereby officially exposed as posers.

Any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact AR15.com's resident photoshop experts.

Nothing follows.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”