What's your families military history?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Sniper

Post by Sniper »

I had 2 Great uncles who were in the navy on the Arizona when she was hit and sunk on Dec 7. they both survived one later continued in the navy till wars end the other joined the merchant marines and made alot of convoy runs in the atlantic. my grandfather was part of 101st during WWII, he jumped into normady he was sent states side after Bastogne(Battle of the bulge) .

My Father his 3 brothers and my Mom and her 2 brothers all fought in vietnam. My father was part of the 173rd , 2 of his brothers were part of the 82nd and the other served in the navy as a river rat on the patrol boats. MY moms 1 brother served as a door gunner , dont remember which unit though the other was a mechanic in the airforce.

Currently I have 3 cousins who are all currently in the israeli army all are women what there unit assignments are I could not tell you , one is a weapons trainers for there basic training another works in a intel office and the other is a mechanic, soon my 4th cousin will be of age and he will be serving too.

THats all I can think of off the top of my head .
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

If I started at the beginning, you might not want to hear it....my ancestors were Viking warriors and they weren't very nice...
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

My Grandfather was in the Navy during WW2 and my dad was drafted into the Italian Army when he was 18. Other than those two I don't know of anyone else in my family who served.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Hell, I can trace back to when my family fought the British in Northern Ireland but as far as in the States I had a family member get shot in the civil war (south) and a great uncle who fought in WWII as a Marine (he even stole an M1 after the war was over.) Both grandfathers in the korean war and a brother-in-law as part of the new Stryker unit along with a brother who just enlisted last friday.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

My Grandfather was a Marine during WWII. Uncle was in the Air force during Vietnam and another Uncle of mine was in the Army during Vietnam as well. And my brother is currently in Iraq with the Army.
snapper-916-
Embryo

Post by snapper-916- »

no family history here. but plan on starting some soon.
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

My great grandfather was a warrior, the last of his kind. My people were from the Appalacian Mountains and the land of the Irish. My grandfather fought in WWI, my father in WWII, and i in the streets of America. The wars are for the young now as i am too old to be needed but too young to sheath my sword.

RLTW
Cerrone2
Embryo

Post by Cerrone2 »

My grandfather was in the 101st during WWII and also dropped in to Normandy and fought in the battle of the bulge in bastogne. He survived.

My cousin is in the Army reserves.
DEP
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

aaa
Last edited by Morris0352 on February 18th, 2009, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”