Rangerin or Big money?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Rangerin or Big money?

Post by centermass »

SeaManDEP wrote:If you were 21 and were offered a job paying $75 an hour, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week in nowhere Wyoming; Would you trade all your Rangerin days for it(and all the friends you made while you were in)? The only catch is the job could last a week or it could last 5 years. The oilfield could fall out at anytime.
What if........

WTF? Nothing wrong with the almighty dollar, but get real.

You think anyone of us joined to get rich doing what we're doing now for $$$?????

If you even have this in the back of your mind as something questionable as to which direction or road you choose doesn't lend a lot of credibilty to your intro of and I quote:
SeaManDEP wrote:Busting my balls only fuels the fire inside, keep it coming. Ranger Madslashers1-2 I would rather drown in the fucking ocean than come home a failure thats how serious I am. Quit and can't have been removed from my vocabulary and its elbows and assholes from here on out.
What about resolve, determination and commitment?

The very fact that you posted this question in the first place leads me to believe you're finger drilling your posts.

Except maybe this one.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
SeaManDEP
Embryo

Post by SeaManDEP »

Before I even read the first reply this morning I had my mind made up to stick with my original plan. I layed in bed for 3 hours last night thinking if it would be worth giving up my slot at bud/s and welding for the rest of my life. I couldn't think of more than one reason to weld but I could think of at least 10 to go out for SOF. I really don't think I could look my self in the mirror 20 years from now and have respect for myself. I'm more physically and mentally capable than anyone I know and I for damn sure have more heart.

After I read the first 3 replies from the Rangers who have BTDT I knew I would not regret my decision.

Ranger GsxRanger the SEAL Challenge is a contract signed when enlisting in the Navy the Guarantees a slot at BUD/S after Basic if one passes all PST's.

My ship date has been pushed back to this summer due to a family emergency.

The reason I asked this question is because I can really relate to most of you and I really dont know anyone else that would understand where I was coming from.

Thank you Rangers for answering my question and I now have a much deeper respect for you. If I've lost all credibility I'm sorry but I just had to know. I realize I'm young and dumb and have a lot to learn but I have already learned so much from all of you and I just want to say thanks again.

With Respect
Billy
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

SeaManDEP wrote:
After I read the first 3 replies from the Rangers who have BTDT I knew I would not regret my decision
How? Don't take our word for it. The only way for you to know that we are right about how we feel is to find out on your own.

You don't know if the choices you make in life are right or wrong, until later in life.

You seem too wishy washy.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

rgrjoe175 wrote:I have been making six figures for quite a few years now....live in sunny Florida...got the big house with a pool, got the boat.. got the expensive vehicles... can buy any thing I want and not think twice about it...

DAD?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

RRDTm3 wrote:
rgrjoe175 wrote:I have been making six figures for quite a few years now....live in sunny Florida...got the big house with a pool, got the boat.. got the expensive vehicles... can buy any thing I want and not think twice about it...

DAD?
No shit!! You looking to adopt? :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
SeaManDEP
Embryo

Post by SeaManDEP »

I meant to say I know I wont regret my decision to try for my goal. Ranger Luna you are right I won't know untill later on in life. All I know is that I don't want to be laying on my death bed looking back on my life and say wow I was a pussy my whole life and I have nothing to be proud of. I'm going to pour every ounce of energy into becoming a SEAL even if it kills me. Ranger Luna how am I wishy washy? Please elaborate.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Ranger Luna wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:

DAD?
No shit!! You looking to adopt? :lol: :lol: :lol:
...Because if you are, I'm closer than they are. :lol:
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

SeaManDEP wrote: Ranger Luna how am I wishy washy? Please elaborate.
Shut your little indecisive trap for a half-second, then elevate your feet and figure it out.

Keep talking without thinking and your stay here will be very short.
SeaManDEP
Embryo

Post by SeaManDEP »

My questions are answered. My hair is combed, my shades are on and pushing them out (Damn I look good). Im now STFU and this is the last time you will here from me.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

That's a tough one....they have some pretty fine sheep in Wyoming. :lol:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

EarthPig wrote:That's a tough one....they have some pretty fine sheep in Wyoming. :lol:
RLTW
EP
:shock:
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

So when are you coming out to visit the grand-kids?????
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

SeaManDEP wrote:My questions are answered. My hair is combed, my shades are on and pushing them out (Damn I look good). Im now STFU and this is the last time you will here from me.

Wow. Well there Seal Sperm, if you have to ask this question in the first place then you probably already have your answer. And by the way, oilfield work is backbreaking. Furthermore, get rid of your comb because you're going to be bald for a long time, nancy.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “The Mosh Pit”