The Last Chapter in LN's recruiting nightmare....

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Congratulations LN. I know this wasn't EXACTLY what you wanted in the beginning but it looks like it's worked out well. Keep us posted.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Fuckin' A, stud!! Good job, bro!
knightcat
Ranger

Hooah

Post by knightcat »

Congrats and god speed.
You better pack a lunch......because I'll be hungry when I'm done beating your ass!!

RS class 05-06
28JUNE2005- R.I.P. brothers 146
C-1 Madslashers 2/75 (Sept. '04- Nov. '07)
RIP Sarn't Mac.....
proud dad
Tadpole

Post by proud dad »

Leatherneck I am glad that this has worked out for you and your persistence and determation has amazed me.. The Army is lucky to get someone with your attitude and desire to serve our country. Also you are one of the individuals who makes this site such a good place to visit with your comments and opinions.
You get to the DFW area and the first couple of rounds are on me.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Congrats LN. Never ever ever quit. Sometimes it works.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

LN:

I am glad to hear of this outcome as to me, I think it will be more of a true calling for you. While serving in a Ranger Bn is great for those of us with uncluttered and simple minds, SF is more of a thinking mans game. And you are definitely a thinker.

I appreciate all the time you spent on this board as you definitely made it a better place to come visit and read your very well thought out and supported arguments.

I hope you get to do some direct action overseas following your training, as well as providing top-notch medical services to your team, as well as to the indigenous folks of whatever 3rd world location we are bent on improving in the future.

~S~!
Last edited by Spartan on January 21st, 2004, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarrenF
Tadpole

Post by DarrenF »

Good luck leatherneck. God bless.
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

goodluck, I'm glad you'll be defending our country soon :)
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Cat

Post by Cat »

I'm glad your nightmare is coming to an end. You are giving up a lot to come back in and I admire your sense of duty and service.

Good Luck
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Congrats and good luck LN!!!
While serving in a Ranger Bn is great for those of us with uncluttered and simple minds, SF is more of a thinking mans game.
Translation-While Spartan enjoys hanging out with us dumbasses, he secretly think's he is better then us, cuz he was Ranger and SF. :wink:

Jim
-just another simpleminded, uncluttered ex-Ranger-

:D
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yeah, right. While I barely passed phase two (the 18C instructors said "All of you passed the final exam, although one of you by EXACTLY 70%", and glared at me) of the SF Qualification Course, I consider myself a Ranger at heart. While I became/am Ranger and SF qualified, and served for a short time in 1SFG before my ETS, I enjoyed my time in Bn much more and wish that I would have stayed put.

The SF mission does change from time to time and there is quite a bit more variety to how missions are accomplished - sometimes they are DA, sometimes FID or unconventional warfare. I enjoyed DA (most all Ranger missions are direct action) more than the rest. I'm not that much of a people person.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”