What are you?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

What are you?

Post by Silverback »

OK, I have had it. I've taken all that I can stand and I can't stand ... no more. Every time my TV is on, all that can be seen are effeminate men prancing about, redecorating houses and talking about foreign concepts like "style" and "feng shui. "Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, non-sexual; blue, green, and purple-sexual - bogus definitions have taken over the urban and suburban world! Real men of the world, stand up, scratch your butt, belch, fart and yell "ENOUGH!" I hereby announce the start of a new offensive in the Culture Wars, the Retrosexual movement.

The Code :

A Retrosexual man, no matter what the women insists, PAYS FOR THE DATE.

A Retrosexual man opens doors for a lady. Even for the ones that fit that term only because they are female.

A Retrosexual DEALS WITH IT, be it a flat tire, a break-in at your home, or a natural disaster, you DEAL WITH IT.

A Retrosexual not only eats red meat, he often kills it himself.

A Retrosexual doesn't worry about living to be 90. It's not how long you live, but how well. If you're 90 years old and still smoking cigars and drinking, I salute you.

A Retrosexual does not use more hair or skin products than a woman. Women have several supermarket aisles of stuff. Retrosexuals need an endcap (possibly 2 endcaps if you include shaving goods.)

A Retrosexual does not dress in clothes from Hot Topic when he's 30 years old.

A Retrosexual should know how to properly kill stuff (or people) if need be. This falls under the "Dealing with IT" portion of The Code.

A Retrosexual does not let neighbors screw up rooms in his house on national TV.

A Retrosexual should not give up excessive amounts of manliness for women. Some is inevitable, but major reinvention of yourself will only lead to you becoming a froo-froo little wuss, and in the long run, she ain't worth it.

A Retrosexual is allowed to seek professional help for major mental stress such as drug/alcohol addiction, death of your entire family in a freak tree chipper accident, favorite sports team being moved to a different city, favorite bird dog expiring, etc. You are NOT allowed to see a shrink because Daddy didn't pay you enough attention. Daddy was busy DEALING WITH IT. When you screwed up, he DEALT with you.

A Retrosexual will have at least one outfit in his wardrobe designed to conceal himself from prey.
A Retrosexual knows how to tie a Windsor knot when wearing a tie -- and ONLY a Windsor knot!

A Retrosexual should have at least one good wound he can brag about getting.

A Retrosexual knows how to use a basic set of tools. If you can't hammer a nail, or drill a straight hole, practice in secret until you can -- or be rightfully ridiculed for the wuss you be.

A Retrosexual knows that owning a gun is not a sign that your are riddled with fear, guns are TOOLS and are often essential to DEAL WITH IT. Plus it's just plain fun to shoot.

Crying. There are very few reason that a Retrosexual may cry, and none of them have to do with TV commercials, movies, or soap operas. Sports teams are sometimes a reason to cry, but the preferred method of release is swearing and/or throwing the remote control. Some reasons a Retrosexual can cry include (but are not limited to) death of a loved one, death of a pet (fish do NOT count as pets in this case), loss of a major body part.

When a Retrosexual is on a crowded bus and or a commuter train, and a pregnant woman, heck, any woman gets on, that retrosexual stands up and offers his seat to that woman, then looks around at the other so-called men still in their seats with a disgusted "you punks" or "you wussies" look on his face.

A Retrosexual knows how to say the Pledge properly, and with the correct emphasis and pronunciation. He also knows the words to the Star Spangled Banner.

A Retrosexual will have hobbies and habits his wife and mother do not understand, but that are essential to his manliness, in that they offset the acceptable manliness decline he suffers when married/engaged or in a serious healthy relationship - i.e., hunting, boxing, shot putting, shooting, cigars, car maintenance.

A Retrosexual knows how to sharpen his own knives and kitchen utensils.

A Retrosexual man can drive in snow (hell, a blizzard) without sliding all over or driving under 20 mph, without anxiety, and without high-centering his ride in a snow bank.

A Retrosexual man can chop down a tree and make it land where he wants. Wherever it lands is where he damn well wanted it to land.

A Retrosexual will give up his seat on a bus to not only any women but any elderly person or person in military dress (except 2nd Lt's). NOTE: The person in military dress may turn down the offer but the Retrosexual man will ALWAYS make the offer to them and thank them for serving their country.

A Retrosexual man doesn't need a contract -- a handshake is good enough. He will always stand by his word even if circumstances change or the other person deceived him.

A Retrosexual man doesn't immediately look to sue someone when he does something stupid and hurts himself. We understand that sometimes in the process of doing things we get hurt and we just DEAL WITH IT !

Send this to all the MEN you know, even if they are "WUSSIES"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

Outstanding post, Ranger Silverback! It's time for men to stop being fags or pussies and be a damn man!
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

<----------Look what I have to deal with....! :lol:
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

wellfed wrote:Look what I have to deal with....! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Excellent post Ranger Silverback. Outstanding!!!
dbap
Paratrooper

Post by dbap »

(Clapping and cheering)

Ranger Silverback you said it perfectly.
Rwanda, may we never look away form an unjust evil again.

2003-2005 S-2 HHC 211th AVN GP
2005- Cadet land
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

Thanks Ranger Silverback.

I have been defined.

:cool:
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Just to be on the up and up...I did not author this document. It is merely a cut and paste from an anonymous author.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Silverback wrote:Just to be on the up and up...I did not author this document. It is merely a cut and paste from an anonymous author.
Even so and once again, you still brought it to our attention and hit the fucking nail square on the head.

Now, one other thing,

can we do something about this as long as we're on this subject matter?

wellfed wrote:Image<----------Look what I have to deal with....! :lol:

Yuck. :shock:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

centermass wrote:
Silverback wrote:Just to be on the up and up...I did not author this document. It is merely a cut and paste from an anonymous author.
Even so and once again, you still brought it to our attention and hit the fucking nail square on the head.

Now, one other thing,

Ya' CM doesn't like his picture floating around the internet like that! :shock:

I Tried to tell him that it was good advertisement for his side job! :wink:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
centermass wrote:

Now, one other thing,

Ya' CM doesn't like his picture floating around the internet like that! :shock:

I Tried to tell him that it was good advertisement for his side job! :wink:
Hey,

At least I know I'm an ugly fucker and admit it openly and freely. I'm so ugly, diseases will go elsewhere to incubate, bugs run in the other direction, the old lady double bags my head before we knock boots, my kids won't walk beside me in the mall etc. etc. etc....

But this thing is the PhD in ugly!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Centermass wrote:Hey,

At least I know I'm an ugly fucker and admit it openly and freely. I'm so ugly, diseases will go elsewhere to incubate, bugs run in the other direction, the old lady double bags my head before we knock boots, my kids won't walk beside me in the mall etc. etc. etc....

But this thing is the PhD in ugly!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Like I'm the best looking SOB in the world? :shock:

Actually, I am pretty damn good lookin'!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Jacked87
Tadpole

Post by Jacked87 »

A Retrosexual man doesn't need a contract -- a handshake is good enough. He will always stand by his word even if circumstances change or the other person deceived him.

This is the best one. I totally agree with getting by on handshakes. Is a man a man if he can not be taken by his word?
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Outstanding post. It's what I believe men are. If you don't fit the bill then
put a dress on.

Yes I even open the car door for my mother in-law. I feel like it and yes I give up my seat to a lady on the subway/bus.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Anyone who can properly pronounce the words "feng shui" or "mauve" should check his wifes purse to make sure she's taking good care of his balls. :roll:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “The Mosh Pit”