End of the Line

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Scout78
Ranger

End of the Line

Post by Scout78 »

Shipping in 14 days. :twisted: Damn, I am pumped. All you other Deps stay the course. I know some of yall still have awhile to go, but stay focused and the time will fly. It has been a long 8 months for both myself and my family.

Try to remember to SEARCH and LISTEN to what the Rangers on this website have to say. Continue to train, keep pumping your brains with knowledge and remember that when you are tired or want to quit, THAT I AM STILL OUT HERE BUSTING MY ASS TO REACH THAT GOAL! :twisted: :twisted:

Thank you to all the Rangers and other BTDT's on this site.

RLTW
Out
Rangers Lead the Way
Double Edged Blade
Tadpole

Post by Double Edged Blade »

---
Last edited by Double Edged Blade on April 20th, 2005, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

"Break a leg!"
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Alden

Post by Alden »

Good luck and kick some major ass Scout.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Give it all you got scout!!! Good luck man!
Ray
Tadpole

Post by Ray »

Good luck buddy!

The two most frequently offered pieces of advice I have seen given by the Rangers on here are to NEVER QUIT (obviously) and PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL.

Kick some ass!
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

Good luck Scout.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Do push ups, scout; I mean good luck/do flutterkicks.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Good luck Scout....Never quit!!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Scout: I wish you luck and good fortune in this endeavor. Yours is the greatest sacrifice I have heard of any DEP on this site. If you can make it, with all you have going on in your life, then all those who do not suck and have no excuse. Best of luck to you and make sure you update us on your progress when you get a chance.
USA1
Ranger

Post by USA1 »

Good luck.
Double Edged Blade
Tadpole

Post by Double Edged Blade »

---
Last edited by Double Edged Blade on April 20th, 2005, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Scout78:

Clock Continues to Countdown. I see the Site Mod has made a preliminary change to your status to '@OSUT'.

Now that you have less than 72 Hours until you report for active duty, I'm sure that this year's Christmas surrounded by family and loved ones has taken on a special meaning and flavor for you. Almost, if you will forgive the assignment of such a phrase, as the 'Last Supper' and hopefully the significance of it was of such lofty proportion both for you and your family. You are about to enter into what will be the most life changing experience for you thus far. Take a last good look around you this year, that's what you are serving to protect.

I hope it was appreciated and that the opportunity to enter the brotherhood will not be squandered. That you will do it for yourself, to prove yourself worthy and to not let your family down, by failing in this endeavor.

One of the DEPshits on here recently wrote that he was denied the opportunity to fulfill his contract, that he was forced to accept a different assignment right at the reception station and that four others were also offered the same and that the other four, instead of becoming US Army soldiers, opted to return home to the relative safety of their family and neighborhood as they could not become Rangers. I for one, seriously doubt that four out of five individuals would opt to return home, having prepared mentally and physically for some time to serve, to have tied up all loose ends at home prior to departure, to having said their goodbyes to friends, family and loved ones, to have put all personal effects into storage or given up some belongings, etc... only to return home with a mission unfulfilled.

I view that as 'returning in shame' and I seriously doubt that four out of five individuals would make such a decision, when the alternative of honorably serving our nation in a non-Ranger unit could have easily been fulfilled, and that the option of serving in a Ranger unit later could still be accomplished.

Choose your future wisely Scout78, in your day to day actions. Thank you for putting your name on the dotted line, and accepting the responsibility for protecting those who don't serve, and who will never fully appreciate the weight of your sacrifices. Good luck.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”