Just how good are you?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

289sotherhalf wrote:There are several letters which are well known to occur doubled in many words. Double L, double T, and double S are all pretty common. But can you find words containing the following doubled letters?

HH--

II--skiing

KK--

UU--vacuum

VV--

WW--powwow
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

289sotherhalf wrote:
289sotherhalf wrote:There are several letters which are well known to occur doubled in many words. Double L, double T, and double S are all pretty common. But can you find words containing the following doubled letters?

HH--

II--skiing

KK-- Bookkeeping

UU--vacuum

VV--

WW--powwow
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
fatmandu
Paratrooper

Post by fatmandu »

289sotherhalf wrote:

HH-- bathhouse

II--skiing

KK--

UU--vacuum

VV-- Revving

WW--powwow
Commo
HHC 1/508th Abn Inf
82nd
1972 - 1975
289sotherhalf

Post by 289sotherhalf »

RangerRon wrote:
289sotherhalf wrote: KK-- Bookkeeping
Correct Ranger RangerRon

--and--
fatmandu wrote:
289sotherhalf wrote: HH-- bathhouse
VV-- Revving
Correct!
~Ranger Wife~

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

289sotherhalf

Post by 289sotherhalf »

TV Theme Songs and Voiceovers--Which TV Show Is It?

1. Been haunted by a whisper. A chill comes over me. I've been trapped inside this moment. I'm not a victim, I'm not a freak. Free me before I slip away. Can somebody help me. Somebody help me.

2. Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed. A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed, Then one day he was shootin' at some food, And up through the ground came a bubblin' crude. Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

3. Steve Austin. Astronaut. A man barely alive. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better. Stronger. Faster.

4. You woke up this morning. Got yourself a gun. Mama always said you'd be the Chosen One. She said: You're one in a million you've got to burn to shine, But you were born under a bad sign, with a blue moon in your eyes. You woke up this morning all the love has gone, Your Papa never told you about right and wrong.

5. Sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit, these men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune.

6. Well, I’m not the kind to kiss and tell, but I’ve been seen with Farrah. I’m never seen with anything less than a nine, so fine. I’ve been on fire with Sally Field, gone fast with a girl named Bo, But somehow they just don’t end up as mine. It’s a death defying’ life I lead,I take my chances. I die for a livin’ in the movies and TV. But the hardest thing I ever do is watch my leading ladies kiss some other guy while I’m bandaging my knee.

7. Drive, push it to the floor till the engines scream. Drive, driving like the demon that drives your dreams. You're on a hard road, nobody cares if you hit the brakes. You've got to think fast, keep it in gear, one slip is all it takes. You gotta keep your wheels on the straight and narrow if you wanta' survive.

8. Heroes, heroes, husky men of war. Sons of all the heroes, of the war before. We’re all heroes up to our ear o’s. You ask questions - we make suggestions. That’s what we’re heroes for. All good heroes love a good, big fight. Open up the bomb bays and brighten up the night. We applaud the people who laud us, you pull the roses, we punch the noses, That’s what we’re heroes for.

9. It's a jungle out there, disorder and confusion everywhere. No one seems to care. Well I do. Hey, who's in charge here? It's a jungle out there. Poison in the very air we breathe.

10. He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.
~Ranger Wife~

Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

1. Charmed

9. Monk
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

4 - The Sopranos
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

7 - Hardcastle & McCormick
289sotherhalf

Post by 289sotherhalf »

borebrush wrote:2. Beverly Hillbillies

3. Million Dollar Man

5. The A Team

6. The Fall Guy

10. Quantum Leap
Correct.
Rangerguru wrote:1. Charmed

9. Monk
1. Charmed--Incorrect.

9. Monk--Correct.

BS502 wrote:8. Hogan's Heroes
Correct.
DixieRat wrote:4 - The Sopranos
Correct.

elle wrote:7 - Hardcastle & McCormick
Correct.
~Ranger Wife~

289sotherhalf

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Egg on a Roof

A rooster lays an egg on the roof of a barn. Each side of the roof has a 90 degree angle and windspeed is approximately 15 mph blowing in an eastern direction. The egg is layed at the front part of the roof, which has been caved in due to weather. Because of that part of the roof being caved in, it has a slight 45 degree angle to it, which is more than the rest of the roof. So, which side of the roof will the egg roll off of, the one with the eastern exposure, or the one with the western exposure?
~Ranger Wife~

elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

289sotherhalf wrote:Egg on a Roof

A rooster lays an egg
A rooster? :lol: :lol:
289sotherhalf

Post by 289sotherhalf »

elle wrote:
289sotherhalf wrote:Egg on a Roof

A rooster lays an egg
A rooster? :lol: :lol:
You're quick, :lol: :lol: .

Ok, here's another...

A butcher has a 36 inch waist around, and he's 5 feet tall. What does he weigh?
~Ranger Wife~

Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

289sotherhalf wrote: A butcher has a 36 inch waist around, and he's 5 feet tall. What does he weigh?
Meat!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer

Return to “The Mosh Pit”