All you DEP's

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I like this fucking kid!!!

You got heart, and a big fucking mouth!! Reminds me of someone else I know.........

But you need some serious PT help. How's your rucking??????
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Honestley I have not used a ruck yet. Where would be a good starting point for when i start using a ruck?
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Talk to your dad....start slow and build up from there.

Large alice, 35 pounds, 2 miles once or twice a week for a month and then go from there....something like that.

The point being not to injure yourself, and to build up distance and later weight from there.

I backpacked a lot before the Army, so I had an advantage there.

You could try researching (not posting ANYTHING) on SOCNET. I know there are a few good threads on starting out rucking over there.

Anyone else want to hop in and help this kid out?
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Thanks again for all that good info. any help is good help...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

blacksrt4 wrote:Honestly I have not used a ruck yet. Where would be a good starting point for when i start using a ruck?
Build up slowly. Start with the essentials first and slowly increase the weight. You have from now until September so there is no reason to injure yourself by pushing yourself too hard too early. BTW - I think those monster PT numbers are just great. :roll:

Week 1: Start with a can of coke, a candy bar and a poncho liner in your ruck.
Week 2: Add a pair of socks
Week 3: Add a t-shirt.
Week 4: Add a cammo stick
Week 5: Add an empty two quart canteen and a plastic E-tool case.
Week 6. Add the E-tool to the case and fill the canteen halfway.
etc...

Just increase the weight incrementally over time like this. The last thing you would want to do is add too much weight or too much distance too quickly and injure yourself. :roll:

Well, maybe my 'sample loads' are a bit light and my sarcasm too heavy but it's the principle that you should adhere to, adding weight and distance incrementally over time.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Yeah well I talked to my Dad(just to let everyone know I dont think Im special boy because of my Dad I just said he was in because he is getting me ready and has an idea of what I am in for)and he said I will starting with a ruck soon. I think I will be starting with more than a Pancho liner though...:D
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Double Edged Blade wrote:Okay, I'm going to intervene here. I don't think you have any reason to yell at us DEPs, ...
I must have missed it DoubleEdgedBlade:

What is your status?

DEP
DEP w/ ABN
DEP w/OPT40?

Sound off, as if you've got a pair.
DO NOT PM ME
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

Sorring for stealing his thunder, but I'm DEP w/ ABN can I get that under my avatar?
/edit/
My avatar was upgraded? how many should I be knocking out? (or just tell me when to stop)
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Harris wrote:Sorring for stealing his thunder, but I'm DEP w/ ABN can I get that under my avatar?
/edit/
My avatar was upgraded? how many should I be knocking out? (or just tell me when to stop)
All DEPs can edit their own damned avatar from the DEPs Gallery of avatar images. Also, if you are a DEPper, you should put some info in your signature space, such as DEP 11X ABN.

If you are not a DEPper (Newts, Slug, Newbies, etc...) you'd better stick to the Newts Gallery of avatar images.

Read the FAQ for further guidance.
DO NOT PM ME
Double Edged Blade
Tadpole

Post by Double Edged Blade »

---
Last edited by Double Edged Blade on April 20th, 2005, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Let us know when you've got a pair then.
DO NOT PM ME
Double Edged Blade
Tadpole

Post by Double Edged Blade »

---
Last edited by Double Edged Blade on April 20th, 2005, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ameri-Girl

Post by Ameri-Girl »

blacksrt: you are a stupid motherfucker for running your mouth off to us and you'd get slapped in the face if I had the opportunity and you tried that shit on me. You think you're all fucking hardcore and say you've been PTing everyday and your dads been kicking your ass, but all you can do is 35 push-ups? wtf? That alone shows you're a weak, unmotivated little pussy. It would take no more than a week to get past 35 pushups. I'd suggest keep your cockholster closed and try a little harder.
Ameri-Girl

Post by Ameri-Girl »

Then don't fucking read it.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”