New guy here

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

FutureNothing
Embryo

New guy here

Post by FutureNothing »

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Cody. I come from a military family, my dad is an ex-Seal, two tours in 'Nam w/ team two. Also I guess, I messed up w/ my forum name, so sorry! Makes sense you guys are sick of seeing shit like that...Anyways, I leave for basic Nov.18th, after which i have AIT (11x). Then my duty station is S. Korea. Whats my best course of action to become a Ranger? Request it at duty station? My recruiter also told me to talk to my D.I. towards the end of basic and see if he could help me? Any help would be great!
Ship out Nov.18th (11x)
FutureNothing
Embryo

Post by FutureNothing »

Leatherneck, would it be able to effectively renegotiate my contract this late in the game? I leave Nov. 18th
Ship out Nov.18th (11x)
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

I like the mindset of... Anything's possible. Just in your case I suppose its how much you kick and scream. If I were you... and you really wanted this... then you better get off your ass and get right to it. Hopefully the local expert on these matters will let you know some of your options. But really you should have wanted this when you went to meps. I think it would have made things a touch easier. I was under the impression that when I got my contract, that was it. You just made a deal with the devil itself and there's no way out now =p.

Just the same, if you do end up at your unit without getting your Ranger contract, there are request forms you can fill out and send in. I don't happen to remember the name of them off-hand, not that it matters. Do that once a week for however long it takes, and you'll get your way. It's all about how bad you want it. Just some people get to it and through it easier than others.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
FutureNothing
Embryo

Post by FutureNothing »

Thanks Ranger Disinfertention, I wish I would have know these things when I signed my contract. I had no idea that I could bitch and moan until I got what I wanted, including walking off the floor.
Ship out Nov.18th (11x)
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey, its your life man. No one should have made you hold your hand up there and take the oath, nor should have anyone made you sign your name. If something like this happened, then you have some problems that need to be addressed. Going there is a game. You have the controller and you make them do what you want, or you turn them off. I didn't really know what the hell I was doing when I was there either, but my recruitor told me I didn't have much for options because I had a GED. I just took his word for it because it sounded about right. Ended up I still got what I told him I wanted. Just because I got lucky in a way I suppose.

Don't be afraid to try and get what you want out of them, even now. Like I said, I don't know how much can be done now that you signed the papers, but it never hurts to ask. And then ask again... and again until you get what you want.

That's my take, it may not be right... but everything I've heard and experienced with that usually ends up working. Just use it within reason of course.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
FutureNothing
Embryo

Post by FutureNothing »

Ranger Disinfertention and Leatherneck, I really appreciate your help.
Ship out Nov.18th (11x)
FutureNothing
Embryo

Post by FutureNothing »

Alright dick-weed, I do not need your cynical responsn nor do I need to listen to your pedestal-elevated tone. I came to this site for some insiders-insight, not to be treated like a teenager. I've been a police officer for 5 years, 2 of which have been spent w/ Adam's County SWAT here in Commerce City, CO. I'm not some fucking kid and I dont expect to be treated like one. I've see more shit in 5 years on the force than you have in all of your Ranger years, this I gurantee. I can more than understand how you guys get sick of all the kids in here, thats absolutely valid. But maybe, next time, you should make sure of the bull before you grab it by the horns. Ban, away asshole......
Ship out Nov.18th (11x)
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

FutureRanger :roll: You should start by reading this site's forum rules as you've violated most of them in your few posts and user name.....

I find it hard to believe you just disrespected a Ranger in that way.... You DEFINATELY need to read up on and LIVE by the Ranger Creed if you want to become one!!!

I'm only a DEP, but judging by your anger control problems and pure disrespect to a highly respected Ranger on this site, I suggest you keep to the donut eating.... :roll:
Mailman
Tadpole

Post by Mailman »

I don't give a shit about this fucking pig Futureidiot, I just hope the Saltbitch is going to be o.k. His head is going to explode after he reads this shit :shock:
C co 3/75, 3rd Plt
94-97

"I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them." -David Berkowitz-
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Future-nothing, you piece of fucking shit. You can't even imagine what 5 years of Ranger life is like. You can't even follow simple instructions; you must be the DUMBEST, doughnut-eatin' pig I've ever heard of. What are you, getting kicked off the force for being STUPID? It's a good thing that you've been banned, fuckstick, lest you REALLY show your ass. Don't come here again. Ever. If you even had an ounce of professionalism, you wouldn't have used 'Ranger' in your username(which is a forum rule, had you cared to read). Second, any 'professional' would have communicated via PM, instead of in the open for the kiddies to see.

This is MY house, motherfucker; mine and every other Ranger here. We have earned it. We have built it into what it is today. Kindly leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Fuckstick.
FutureNothing
Embryo

Post by FutureNothing »

Holy Raging shit balls!! 10Thousand and 1 apologies. You guys were just talking to my brother. I made a dumbfuck, mistake and left my computer on when I left for work. My brother just finished up his shift, and unbeknowst to me, was coming home for dinner w/ my parents. He has little respect for the military and he thinks SWAT is gods gift to a gun. He's also very angry w/ me for enlisting, hence all this bullshit. He feels I'm throwing away potential by joining the military. Guys, please dont judge me on account of his shit bird actions. Ranger Jody, please back me up....I sent Ranger Jody an apology and asked him how to change my name. Im just know getting home from work and seeing all this. Im sorry, you guys had to see that and rest assured, I will take care of him. I've wanted to nothing more than to be a Ranger my entire life. I would never ever disrespect any of you guys. Sorry again!
Ship out Nov.18th (11x)
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

ya'll have the same typing style...
^sorry mom posted that
but hey I'm probly wrong right?...
^sorry brother posted that
Any other excuses?
^sorry dad posted that
Should we believe you?
^sorry dog posted that.