Pet pic's

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

AngryPistols wrote:Hey Ranger Rangerguru,

How is the Cane Corso's temperment and intellect? I am considering this breed for our next dog.

Angry
When we got her she was barely a year old and she had already had puppies(some shitbag using her to make a litter of fighting dogs) She had been beaten so bad that if you even put your hand out for her to smell, she would lay down and piss everywhere, but after some time and food(she was 43 lbs when we got her) she's about 90lbs and extreamly friendly, still a little skiddish around strangers sometimes, but her temperment is excellent. I've done some reading on them and from what I've read, they are great pets and even really good with kids. She does however sometimes forget how strong she is. Very powerfull animal and huge feet, she's small for her breed, but I think that's from the malnurishment while she was still growing. My four other big dogs ganged up on her once I repeat once because three of them had to take a trip to the vet and I almost lost the Rot due to inability to breath. They learned their lesson quick.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Cliv03 wrote:Dogs are never born mean....it's the fucked up, dumbass owner who causes that. :evil: :evil:
I concur.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Cliv03 wrote:Dogs are never born mean....it's the fucked up, dumbass owner who causes that. :evil: :evil:
The sweetest, most intelligent, and gentlest dog my ex and I ever owned was a 90 lb male pit bull named Marvon. The more the neighborhood kids yanked his tail, rode on his back, and generally abused him in every way they could think of, the more he loved it. He'd probably rather have rolled over and died than to intentionally hurt another living thing. He was a wonderful animal, a little kid in a pit bull suit.

L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Guru,
If you ever have the bad fortune of having to get rid of Retard...I'll take it....that dog looks like it's full of nothing but wall bumping fun!!!!!
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Oto-Man wrote:Guru,
If you ever have the bad fortune of having to get rid of Retard...I'll take it....that dog looks like it's full of nothing but wall bumping fun!!!!!
She's a really sweet dog, just a little lacking upstairs, she'll hit the electric fence at least once a day. (the electric fence is to keep them all on their 2 acres, not for punishment. Some of them like to dig out and the trucks out here are fast) I don't think the wife would part with her.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04

Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

Here is Dog. 1/3 Shepard, 1/3 Husky and 1/3 Wolf. Very good with people.

2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

IntelToad wrote:Image

This is my cat Whiskers. He's a 2 year old Maine Coon that we got in Maine. He's now 18 lbs. and growing fast. He likes to fetch and swim in the tub with my son and is a really friendly animal who's patient with my son and never bites or scratches. He's virtually silent too, Coons don't make very much noise.

The neighborhood dogs stay clear of my yard, especially my neighbors pussy Dalmation who used to shit by my mailbox. I'm starting to think he's 1/2 bobcat. :D 8)
Wondertwin powers, activate! I have a Main Coon, well half Main Coon, also. He's 26lbs, and I swear, he's really a tiger trapped in a house cat's body! He's a great cat, even though he attackes everyone, including me. :D
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Wade wrote:
IntelToad wrote:Image

This is my cat Whiskers. He's a 2 year old Maine Coon that we got in Maine. He's now 18 lbs. and growing fast. He likes to fetch and swim in the tub with my son and is a really friendly animal who's patient with my son and never bites or scratches. He's virtually silent too, Coons don't make very much noise.

The neighborhood dogs stay clear of my yard, especially my neighbors pussy Dalmation who used to shit by my mailbox. I'm starting to think he's 1/2 bobcat. :D 8)
:lol: :lol: He swims? :lol: :lol:

Yep, he does. I was never a cat person but my son wanted a pet and because I travel couldn't get a dog.

So, I got the next best thing.

The crazy bastard jumps in the tub with my kid and paddles around. He pushes himself into the shower with me and has a weird habit of closing doors and closets. One day when he was lost, I found him 7 hours later shut into my liquor cabinet. :D Plus, he likes to fetch and retrieve stuff.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

I have three dogs (all closing in on 100 pounds) and a little snowball fluff ball of a cat.

I can tell you, that cat can stand his ground. He beat the shiiiit out of my 75 pound rott-lab-something-the-mom-let-fuck-her dog and left some serious damage on that dogs forehead! Funny as hell!

Cat's (as much as the members of this site seem to detest them) have some serious hard-core personality.

While I'm more of a dog-guy, cat's have an awesome attitude that just grow on ya.. :D
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
keepsmilin
Tadpole

My Sweet Little Smoothies..

Post by keepsmilin »

"Do not be too moral, you may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something."
~Henry David Thoreau
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

IntelToad wrote:has a weird habit of closing doors and closets. Plus, he likes to fetch and retrieve stuff.
Mine does the same thing, with the addition of being able to open doors with perfectly round, smooth knobs. :shock: I've never seen him do it, but he is able to get into rooms that I've shut the door, and sometimes locked, too. I swear, it's true. It happens all the time.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Eyes

Post by Eyes »

xxxxxxx
Last edited by Eyes on October 11th, 2007, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”