Self defense

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Self defense

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Hello, I know a few years back there was a post about self defense but darn it I can find it using the search feature. I as a single female looking for a self defense instructor to learn from I live not too far from JBLM (Joint Base Lewis McChord) any suggestions I am all ears. Possibly not only I but others in vicinity of JBLM could utilize any suggestions posted here. I'm not looking for simply firearms but somthing to compliment someone having firearms clasees/ training. I thank you all in advance for any suggestions. Jenny

PS I'd be lying if I said the decision of our governor to bring Syrian refugees here into WA state did not concern me.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
rangerjd
Ranger

Re: Self defense

Post by rangerjd »

InSights Training Center in Bellevue pops to mind first. They have the widest array of classes available, that I know of, in this area (JBLM).
http://www.insightstraining.com/sector_ ... tegoryID=4
Just google insights training or follow the link I posted. Also, The Marksman, Bullseye, Federal Way Discount Guns, Bass Pro Shop, Sportsman's Warehouse, all offer different types of training, some geared specifically for women. Insights is farther away than all of the others, but if you check their link you will see they offer a lot more options. Their founder and lead instructor (Greg Hamiltoni) is a former Ranger. Stay safe out there.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

Return to “The Mosh Pit”