Need Some Clarification On Boots

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
Caveman's_Kid
Soldier

Need Some Clarification On Boots

Post by Caveman's_Kid »

Good Morning Rangers,
I just received my clothing allowance and picked up some new uniforms, but am running across some trouble with boots. My ROP packet tells me that I should only bring/wear "military issue boots, i.e Bellville 390's or 790's." The problem I'm having is that I can't find Bellvilles either on post or off post. When we did the transition from my beloved spits & starch to the ACU I was issued the following at CIF:

Basic Altima Desert Boots (seen below)
http://www.altama.com/Tp1/item_detail.a ... mCode=4156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Danner Desert Boots (seen below)
http://www.danner.com/product/military+ ... hot+tan.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nothing out the ordinary like oakley, converse, hi-tech, etc. I'm stuck with a dilemma as I can't find Bellville's in my area, and fairly certain the sizes fluctuate between manufacturers. Will another pair of the Danner's do? :?:

V/R,
~Christopher
"Per quislibet facultas necessarius"
~By Any Means Necessary
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Need Some Clarification On Boots

Post by Silverback »

If you were issued boots during RFI then there is a 99% chance they are authorized.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
rvAco175
Ranger

Post by rvAco175 »

This was as of 07, and I'm fairly certain it still remains. CIF at Hunter issued out either the altama's or the belleville's. Whatever was in your size was what you got. As long as the are in accordance with the blue book and 670-1 you are good.
Aco 1/75 (02-07)
Class 09-03
Caveman's_Kid
Soldier

Post by Caveman's_Kid »

Good Evening Rangers,
Thanks alot for the heads up. I'm so wound up and ready to go, I'm sweating the small stuff already, only a hundred and twenty some-odd days to go until I get me some sweet sweet misery! Getting to the 75th Ranger Regiment has been a goal of mine for years, and I have alot riding on it so I don't want to mess it up. Thanks again, and take care

V/R,
~Christopher
"Per quislibet facultas necessarius"
~By Any Means Necessary

Return to “Special Operations Training”