In Need of Knowledge

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Re: In Need of Knowledge

Post by blueskiesalways »

Atilla83 wrote:I graduated yesterday with class 08-12. I recycled MTNS after falling on Yonah and breaking my tailbone. I can say I literally busted my ass to get my tab. RLTW! Never Quit!
Congrats!...I was at your graduation. Best of luck with your Career.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Atilla83
Inprocessing

Post by Atilla83 »

Just to update again, I knocked out RSLC and got a platoon right away after I finally PCS'd. Try to represent the tab everyday. RLTW.
1LT 11A IN USA
C C0 (LRS)(ABN) 2-38CAV (III CORPS LRS); 1st LAR BN 1st MARDIV 02-06
Ranger Class 08-12
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Atilla83 wrote:Just to update again, I knocked out RSLC and got a platoon right away after I finally PCS'd. Try to represent the tab everyday. RLTW.
It is amazing, when you have a tab, a great deal more is expected of you.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

A great start to a great new career. Make sure your med records concerning that back injury are squared away & that you never lose them.
You'll be old like ..well, like Ranger Jim someday. :P
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

K.Ingraham wrote:You'll be old like ..well, like Ranger Jim someday. :P
If I ever knew I'd live this long, I'd have taken care of me. Atilla, do good as a Platoon Leader. One of the best jobs in the Army!
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Listen to your PSG...but make your own decisions.

Get to know your men like they were family...but don't coddle them. Learn their names fast, schedule a one-on-one with each man as you can. You may find skillsets you never knew you had access to and leadership potentials as well.

Admit when you're wrong in front of your people. Being wrong isn't a weakness it's part of your learning process. Your men will respect you and trust you more if you show humility and a willingness to improve and learn. Doing this will also allow your subordinate leaders to feel they can make mistakes and learn from them as well.

Write your Squad Leaders NCOER's with your PSG's input, don't let anyone tell you the SL's work for the PSG. The SL's report to you in the fight not the PSG. Write your PSG's NCOER with advice from your CO (and hopefully the 1SG will throw in his two-bits as well).

There's no such thing as "NCO Buisness" it's PLATOON Buisness and you must be aware of what's going on. Let your NCO's handle it at the lowest levels, but be aware of it.

Good luck and welcome to the hardest and most rewarding job you'll ever have.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rangertough wrote:Listen to your PSG...but make your own decisions.

Get to know your men like they were family...but don't coddle them. Learn their names fast, schedule a one-on-one with each man as you can. You may find skillsets you never knew you had access to and leadership potentials as well.

Admit when you're wrong in front of your people. Being wrong isn't a weakness it's part of your learning process. Your men will respect you and trust you more if you show humility and a willingness to improve and learn. Doing this will also allow your subordinate leaders to feel they can make mistakes and learn from them as well.

Write your Squad Leaders NCOER's with your PSG's input, don't let anyone tell you the SL's work for the PSG. The SL's report to you in the fight not the PSG. Write your PSG's NCOER with advice from your CO (and hopefully the 1SG will throw in his two-bits as well).

There's no such thing as "NCO Buisness" it's PLATOON Buisness and you must be aware of what's going on. Let your NCO's handle it at the lowest levels, but be aware of it.

Tough
I plan to shamelessly steal this and use it next time I get a chance.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Sir,

It would be my honor.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
dogface11b
Ranger

Post by dogface11b »

Jim wrote:

Tough
I plan to shamelessly steal this and use it next time I get a chance.
This is great advice, thanks.
1/30 INF 3/3 ID 2001'-06

C. Co 2-152 Cav (ABN)(LRSC)-2008-2010

RS Class 05-09
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome back Ranger.
Your title has been changed to our "Inprocessing".

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Tough
This needs to be bumped, it is some very good advice, every ROTC Cadet or future officer we have on here should be required to read this and do a write up on what it means to them. Good Job Tough
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

Return to “Special Operations Training”