SOPC

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
JTheInfinite
Embryo

SOPC

Post by JTheInfinite »

Rangers,

I'd just like some clarification regarding SOPC. When one contracts 18X, SOPC is included, and attended right after OSUT. In my research, I've read quite a bit about SOPC being the sole reason why 18X civilians are so well prepared for SFAS (I had a chance to correspond with an SF Captain via e-mail and I think he threw down the data that roughly 70% of 18X'ers make it through SFAS...or perhaps it's 70% of people who are able to attend SOPC get selected...).

Now then, is SOPC only offered to individuals who contract 18X? I did some digging and I could find no mention of SOPC being offered to people who were already enlisted and serving...which sucks seeing as how SOPC appears to be an excellent source of preparation.

Thanks.
Persevere
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

SOPC (or SOPC I as it's usually called) is a course designed solely for Soldiers enlisted with an 18X contract. It helps them prepare physically and mentally for selection. It's an excellently planned and very effective course. Personnel already in the service *usually* have other training, and lots of lead time to prepare themselves for selection with the mentoring of their SF recruiter, other sources of inspiration, etc.

If you have more questions related to the SF pipeline then I think your best bet is to wander over to this forum:

Professional Soldiers dot com

Professional Soldiers is a Special Forces oriented board, and there are people there who have already asked and answered your questions, whatever they may be, about Special Forces.
Last edited by GoldCoast on October 19th, 2007, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Slims

Post by Slims »

Good luck.
Last edited by Slims on December 3rd, 2008, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tupac

Post by Tupac »

roughly 70% of 18X'ers make it through SFAS...
Not true. I'd say more like 40%. The 18X's are usually peered very low by their teams due to lack of experience and maturity issues. From what team guys have told me, the Team sergeants are sick of these 18X's showing up to group and still acting like high school kids. Baggy pants and dog collars and shit. Don't be a douchebag and you'll come out OK.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Timmy wrote:
roughly 70% of 18X'ers make it through SFAS...
Not true. I'd say more like 40%. The 18X's are usually peered very low by their teams due to lack of experience and maturity issues. From what team guys have told me, the Team sergeants are sick of these 18X's showing up to group and still acting like high school kids. Baggy pants and dog collars and shit. Don't be a douchebag and you'll come out OK.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Words to live by.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
JTheInfinite
Embryo

Post by JTheInfinite »

Understood. Thank you for the information and advice Rangers. Maturity "issues" seem to come up a lot it seems...unfortunate.

As a side note (to all other civilians who might be perusing this thread and/or forum), I've picked up the 'Get Selected!' book from warrior-mentor.com. It not only supports a great cause, but it's also an excellent source of information regarding SF and the 18X pipeline.
Persevere

Return to “Special Operations Training”