GET SELECTED FOR SPECIAL FORCES

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
Warrior-Mentor
Ranger

GET SELECTED FOR SPECIAL FORCES

Post by Warrior-Mentor »

Are you looking for answers how to prepare for Special Forces Training?

I know how you feel.

Here's why...

When I was preparing for SF Assessment & Selection (SFAS), I felt the same way when looked for a book to help me prepare. There wasn't one. Lots of stuff about SF and the history. Nothing on how to prepare for the training.

Here's what I found...I had to go from person to person...anyone I saw with an SF tab, asking them:
- What did you do to get ready?
- How did you prepare?
- What would you do differently?

It was crazy. I was at Fort Bliss, TX and there weren't many SF guys there. So I had to figure it out the hard way. I kept training while I was at Ft Benning in the Infantry Advanced Course...although there were more, there still weren't that many SF guys available to ask for advice...so I kept training.

Since then I completed the SFQC and served as a SF Team Leader.

In November 2001, I was tasked with re-engineering the Special Operations Prepartion Course (SOPC) to meet the needs of the 18X Program. We found out the 7 reasons why candidates fail out of SFAS, then we built a program to minimize or eliminate each of the factors.

It worked. 18Xs started completing SFAS and getting selected at TWICE the rate of Active Duty Enlisted Soldiers (Over 70% vs 30-35%).

When the Commanding General asked us:

"How can we better prepare SF Candidates for BEFORE they report to Fort Bragg?"

We knew the answer was to capture the lessoned learned and write the book.

So we did. We based it on the question:

"If your son was getting ready for SFAS, what would you tell him?"

GET SELECTED FOR SPECIAL FORCES is the answer to that question.

When we realized the book would make money, we decided the right answer was to donate ALL of the royalties to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (http://www.specialops.org), which provides college scholarships and eductaion counselling for the children of Special Operations Personnel who are killed in training or operational missions.

Our goal is to fund a scholarship by raising over $20,000 for the Warrior Foundation. In order to GUARANTEE we do that, we shipped over 1,000 copies directly to the Warrior Foundation Headquaters in Tampa. We've already raised over $7,000. All we have to do now is get the word out and let future candidates know this resource is available to them...

If you are serious about going Special Forces or just want to know more about the Special Forces Training Pipeline, GET SELECTED FOR SPECIAL FORCES is right for you.

Want more details?
Check out http://www.warrior-mentor.com

Can't Wait to get your Copy?
Get yours directly from the Warrior Foundation at http://www.specialops.org/news.asp#book
JM
warrior-mentor.com

RGR, SF, MFF JM
RS 6-92 (09Mar-15May2002)
3/7 SFG(A) 1997-2001
USAJFKSWCS 2001-Present
Warrior-Mentor
Ranger

Over $10,000 Donated and Going Strong!

Post by Warrior-Mentor »

Wow!

I just got off the phone with the Warrior Foundation.

Dow said we've successfully raised over $10,000!

We're now officially past the half way mark to funding our first scholarship by raising over $20,000. Not bad huh?

Thanks for all the support from everyone here. You've done a great job getting the word out there.

JM
JM
warrior-mentor.com

RGR, SF, MFF JM
3/7 SFG(A) 1997-2001
USAJFKSWCS 2001-Present
Mottsauce
Ranger

Post by Mottsauce »

I've not been to SFAS, nor have I done much else, but I have to say I really liked this book. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in going SF. It breaks everything down on a level anyone can read and is full of great and useful information. I thought I had done some good research about SFAS and this book still taught me a lot. Everything from different types of boot lacing techniques (with diagrams and pros/cons) to the layout out at Bragg (sand, hills, etc). What type of boot, how to PT, what people fail, mental conditioning, this book really has everything.

I'm in no way affiliated with the author or the foundation, and again it's a great book and the proceeds go to a great cause.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

I trained for SFAS by spending a year in Korea, drinking myself blind every night and eating BK. Got selected to.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Warrior-Mentor
Ranger

SOLD OUT!

Post by Warrior-Mentor »

It's official. We've SOLD OUT all resupplies of GET SELECTED's initial print run (3,000 copies).
The Warrior Foundation has under 500 copies left. I'm down to less than 36 copies in my personal stocks.
Clothing Sales Stores are selling out.

Reprint (4,000 more copies) is on order and should get shipped to the distributor around 31OCT.
Clothing Sales stores should get their resupply shortly thereafter.

Bottomline, if you can't find GET SELECTED at Clothing Sales...
- ask them to stock it (they'll take back orders)
- chances are they won't have it on hand until early to mid-November.

If you need GET SELECTED before mid-November,
order today from the Warrior Foundation directly at
http://www.specialops.org/news.asp#book

Thanks again for the great support.
Will keep you posted on the progress.
JM
JM
warrior-mentor.com

RGR, SF, MFF JM
3/7 SFG(A) 1997-2001
USAJFKSWCS 2001-Present
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

The Holmchicken wrote:I trained for SFAS by spending a year in Korea, drinking myself blind every night and eating BK. Got selected to.
That's cause you are one hard motherfucker!
Warrior-Mentor
Ranger

Quick Update

Post by Warrior-Mentor »

Here's a quick update from the Warrior Foundation:

http://www.specialops.org/news.asp#book
JM
warrior-mentor.com

RGR, SF, MFF JM
3/7 SFG(A) 1997-2001
USAJFKSWCS 2001-Present
AztecSN95
Paratrooper

Post by AztecSN95 »

I skimmed through this book, but for the most part the information in it was put out to the 18X guys in SOPC (before they completely changed the program 2 cycles ago). I found the classes we were given on foot care, boot mods, etc etc were incredibly beneficial, and I'd recommend to any "big army" guy wanting to go to selection at least a once over of the material covered in this book.

I know there were quite a few copies floating around Old Div while I was in SOPC, and my 1st class out at selection had an amazingly high selection rate. As per this last class - a few more of those dudes shoulda picked up a copy prior to coming.

Either way, I got selected. F'in radical.
SFQC - Phase III 18D

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
Warrior-Mentor
Ranger

Post by Warrior-Mentor »

Congrats!
JM
warrior-mentor.com

RGR, SF, MFF JM
3/7 SFG(A) 1997-2001
USAJFKSWCS 2001-Present
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Yeah, you think you're all hot shit, running around in BNCOC at Mackall with your black silkies and Under Armour shirts. Then you get to Phase II, get your nuts kicked in a few times and if you're lucky, you'll get to go to SERE. Now that's one really awesome course right there :roll: . Then, if you don't crack like a little bitch, you'll get to Phase III. What I'm getting at is that SFAS is the f-u-c-k-i-n-g easiest part of the course, minus BNCOC.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
AztecSN95
Paratrooper

Post by AztecSN95 »

Nevermind.

My point was that the book in question has a lot of good info in it for ANYONE looking to go to SFAS, regardless of how its put out to them.
SFQC - Phase III 18D

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Return to “Special Operations Training”