Robin Sage

An area to disuss Special Operations Training. Do not violate OPSEC
Stew86
Tadpole

Robin Sage

Post by Stew86 »

I was just wondering if anyone here that has been through Robin Sage could give me advice for this summer. I'm going to play a guerilla, and was hoping I could get some suggestions on some useful extra items to bring and what to expect, and help would be nice. I leave for McKall July 28.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

No advice to give. The Cadre will tell you all you need to know when you get there.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
18Z5V
Triple Canopy

Re: Robin Sage

Post by 18Z5V »

ROTC_cadet wrote:I was just wondering if anyone here that has been through Robin Sage could give me advice for this summer. I'm going to play a guerilla, and was hoping I could get some suggestions on some useful extra items to bring and what to expect, and help would be nice. I leave for McKall July 28.
Bring lots of tobacco products (even if you don't use them) and bug repellent. You could be in urban or rural so be flexible.
RS 12-93
SFAS 06-01
SFQC 04-01
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

hope you are not allergic to poison ivy
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Bring a camelback or something to hold water in for yourself. A hamock, poncho and poncho liner may come in handy.

It should be hot, humid, muggy - bring the insect repellent like the man said and make sure you test it on yourself first to make sure it agrees with you.

Get a good swiss army knife, one with tweezers, or a Leatherman. Maybe some compact binos if you have them would be useful.

Other than that, follow the packing list they will give you.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Spartan wrote:Bring a camelback or something to hold water in for yourself. A hamock, poncho and poncho liner may come in handy.

It should be hot, humid, muggy - bring the insect repellent like the man said and make sure you test it on yourself first to make sure it agrees with you.

Get a good swiss army knife, one with tweezers, or a Leatherman. Maybe some compact binos if you have them would be useful.

Most imprtant thing is...Since you're going to SF you'll need to have a Blow Job kit in case you run into an Airforce Guy! :D
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Thanks for the advice everyone. I did hear from another source to also bring tobacco products, and I'll definitely have to invest in some good insect repellent, I already have a camel bak, and I'm thinking about getting a big survival knife, but it can't be bigger than 7 inches. And yes, Ranger Silverback, I'll remember to bring the BJ kit.
BAC Class 38-06

"He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."
-John 7:18
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

If you're in the field, a small hatchet or a folding saw AND a utility tool like a Leatherman or Gerber would provide greater use than wasting your money on a survival knife. You can't cut down small trees with a survival knife.
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Silverback wrote:
Spartan wrote:Bring a camelback or something to hold water in for yourself. A hamock, poncho and poncho liner may come in handy.

Most imprtant thing is...Since you're going to SF you'll need to have a Blow Job kit in case you run into an Airforce Guy! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
EXPLORERBRADY
Egg

Post by EXPLORERBRADY »

free pineland
kill em all let god sort em out
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

EXPLORERBRADY wrote:free pineland
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

EXPLORERBRADY - if your 6th post is not your intro, it may be your last post on this board. Your privelege to post will be revoked.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Steadfast wrote:
EXPLORERBRADY - if your 6th post is not your intro, it may be your last post on this board. Your privelege to post will be revoked.
That and bringing a 4 year old post back to the top. Great attention to detail, I would bet by now the OP has defiantly got to play gorilla at least once, probably several times.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
ROTCcadet30
Egg

Post by ROTCcadet30 »

Hey man,
My buddy went to robin sage last summer and was supposed to get me the guy in charge of the guerillas e-mail or way to contact him but has been wasting time and not getting it. Do you know how to get in contact with i believe his name is Bocephus?
Thanks alot

Return to “Special Operations Training”