Police Ceremony/Fundraiser - May 15th in PA

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
mwheelerpga
Embryo

Police Ceremony/Fundraiser - May 15th in PA

Post by mwheelerpga »

(Posting per approval by Ranger Jim)

Rangers, Veterans, and members of the ArmyRanger.com forums,

First, thank you all for your service. I am a former State Trooper and am considering a military career with the Ranger Regiment, hence why I am here in the forums. I am enjoying learning from everyone, and I look forward to continuing to learn and grow.

I am posting this to put out an event that I am organizing for this year's "Peace Officer Memorial Day" on May 15th. An old shift partner and I are starting a foundation called "Angels with Badges," and we will be raising money for families of fallen officers. More specifically, after this year's event, we will be raising the money to start a scholarship fund for children of slain police officers so we can help them get an education. I am trying to get word out about the event (which will be shared on social media live as well), and also about the page we will be using for this year to raise the money. We just were approved to do the event about 10 days ago, which will not be enough time to finalize a 501(c)3 not for profit corporation. So, for this year we will be using gofundme.com website to raise the money, which I will post as we get closer to the event.

I checked with Ranger Jim to make sure it was OK to post this in case any members of the forum (military, law enforcement, and civilian) would like to attend. Event details are below:

Date - Monday, May 15, 2017
Time - 0900 hours EST
Location - Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club, 8100 Gun Club Road, New Tripoli, PA 18068

During the event we will be honoring the law enforcement officers killed in 2016 by reading their name, agency he/she worked for, end of watch date, and surviving immediate family. Following the reading of their information we will fire one shot from 100 yards. We will do this for each officer (141 officers based on the Officer Down Memorial Page). We expect the ceremony to last roughly 90 minutes.

Following the ceremony there will be a silent auction with some cool donations from local companies and some cool optics (Vortex Optics donated some items for the silent auction and for giveaways). I am still working on getting more donations for the silent auction so there should be a decent amount of good stuff to bid on.

100% of the proceeds will go to the families of these officers.

I appreciate everyone taking a couple of minutes to read this, and I hope to see some of you at the event. Please come see me if you do. I will be running the event and will be one of the two shooters but will be available to talk to everyone. If you have any questions please send me a PM or respond to the thread. I'll post the information for the live feed and the donation page when that is completely closer to the event day (we will be taking donations from May 15 - May 21 - "Police Week").

Mike
Former State Trooper - Maryland State Police
Barrack "M" - JFK Memorial Highway Barrack
134th Trooper Candidate Class

Current PGA Golf Professional
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Police Ceremony/Fundraiser - May 15th in PA

Post by Jim »

Good luck with your fundraiser. RLTW!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
mwheelerpga
Embryo

Re: Police Ceremony/Fundraiser - May 15th in PA

Post by mwheelerpga »

Thank you Ranger Jim! I'll make sure to post the link for Facebook Live if anyone would like to watch and post the pictures/videos after the event.

Mike
Former State Trooper - Maryland State Police
Barrack "M" - JFK Memorial Highway Barrack
134th Trooper Candidate Class

Current PGA Golf Professional

Return to “The News Dump”