Ferguson, MO

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Ferguson, MO

Post by centermass »

Rant On

It's a damn shame that the "Mob Mentality" exhibited recently by those demanding "Justice" and their "Rush to judgment" as an excuse for free Nikes and flat screen TV's, have once again left a mark on society by playing the race card, automatically assuming a so called "Innocent Kid' and his accomplice eyewitness (Also a strong arm robbery suspect for the same BOLO) were the victims of corruption by law enforcement.

What's even sadder is we have a Attorney General, the NAACP, Al Sharpton and the President himself, who, not knowing all the facts (Much like the exact same circumstances when Sergeant Jim Crowley, Cambridge PD, MA, arrested Henry Louis Gates a couple of years ago) did the same once again, and all rushed to judgment and jumped to conclusions.

The very same people, who obtained the position in life where they are today, because they expected to be treated fairly and equitably based on the content of their character and not the color of their skin and their so called "Ability" to do their jobs fairly and effectively. So exactly how are you Mr President, and the rest, acting here? As you would expect to be treated?

But, nowadays, it seems like whenever the shoe is on the other foot, it's the other way around.

I thought by this president being elected, it would pull the country together even more and we would all think of ourselves more as Americans than ever before. Unfortunately, over the last couple of years, the opposite has proven to be the case. I have seen more division between us when it comes to cultural diversity than I ever have. Why?

You only need look no farther than Ferguson MO and how Washington responded. And once again, the media is guilty as well for fanning the flames of violence and unrest.

As for Al Sharpton, nice job negating the hostile atmosphere of a city who's citizens thought they were done wrong. Fact is, you're worthless and one of the main reasons for the division we are still experiencing in this country. The other fact is without it, you and the rest would no longer have a pay check now, would you?

To the Ferguson Police Department: You may not have the backing of the entire United States, but you do have the backing of those of us who still believe in equality, justice, fairness and the rule of law in this country.

As for me, I still see us as all the same in life. Good people, bad people, those that can help and those that need it. I for one, refuse to assume, that by the actions of some, that it characterize the majority of others. It would be nice if the same held true all the way across the board.

Rant off.

Below is surveillance footage of Michael Brown, inside the convenience store, in the process of committing a strong arm robbery, grabbing the store owner, who was trying to lock the doors and prevent them from leaving. Click on it to enlarge it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Ferguson, MO

Post by Jim »

More details:
Police identify officer, allege teen robbed store

http://news.yahoo.com/turmoil-tear-gas- ... 36976.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:More details:
Police identify officer, allege teen robbed store

http://news.yahoo.com/turmoil-tear-gas- ... 36976.html
Same guy in the above link -
I saw (On FOX Live News TV) Police Chief Thomas Jackson said that the cop that went to stop them because they were walking down the middle of the street disrupting traffic - not because of BOLO of Robbery was his clarification.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Good post Centermass. Clears up a few things. I thought the police were always wrong because they have rifles and stuff. Clearly the peaceful people of that city negate any need for police to have more than an old wheelgun and a tin badge. I generally burn shit down and loot stores every time I feel like I've been wronged myself.

Let's see, the New Black Panthers are there now. They're a friendly bunch we remember for threatening white folks with bodily harm or death if they voted against our dear leader in the elections. But that wasn't racist, they were just helping out to ensure our political process was adhered to as they have done for every election in the last 40yrs.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/08/14 ... s-t/200437

Al Sharpton is there of course filling his own coffers on the backs of his own people.

Anonymous is threatening to release all police officers personal info to the protesters directly threatening the safety of innocent family members.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/natio ... /14035809/

The Militia is threatening to come with weapons.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025382611

What could possibly go wrong?

Never mind the fact that this nice young boy as the media was immediately putting out (6'3 and 300lbs) who was "leaving for college" the next day had just tried to rob a store, bounced the owner around like a rag doll, and as far as the assault on the officer, I won't surmise what really happened until I have more facts, but the other "witness" who stated he was gunned down for simply walking home was allegedly an accomplice in the robbery.

But those damn cops. When will we hold them responsible for not getting killed in the meantime.

Clearly this rant is filled with sarcasm, some will chastise for me for it, some will privately or quietly agree, but I'd like one thought to remain either way; let the dust settle and find out the facts before jumping the gun and immediately blaming the police whenever some one fucks up and then pays a high price while those around him refuse to take any responsibility for their own actions, immediately throw out the race card and then start burning down their own goddamn neighborhoods.

Build a fence around it, give those that want to leave and live a normal fucking life 24hrs to do so, then throw in a 100 cans of gasoline and have at it. It's all yours, but once it's done burning you get no more welfare, no more section 8 housing, food stamps, free medical and the Obama phone lines will be cut. That is where you will stay, in the fucking Snake Plisskan zoo that you wanted all along. Oh ya, and fuck the media for race baiting every goddamned thing they see. Hiding behind their desks and wanting shit to burn just for an easy story.

I do of course feel for the young mans family. No one should have to experience their child being killed. I mean that sincerely. I hope they find some peace.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

cams wrote:Good post Centermass. Clears up a few things. I thought the police were always wrong because they have rifles and stuff. Clearly the peaceful people of that city negate any need for police to have more than an old wheelgun and a tin badge. I generally burn shit down and loot stores every time I feel like I've been wronged myself.

Let's see, the New Black Panthers are there now. They're a friendly bunch we remember for threatening white folks with bodily harm or death if they voted against our dear leader in the elections. But that wasn't racist, they were just helping out to ensure our political process was adhered to as they have done for every election in the last 40yrs.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/08/14 ... s-t/200437

Al Sharpton is there of course filling his own coffers on the backs of his own people.

Anonymous is threatening to release all police officers personal info to the protesters directly threatening the safety of innocent family members.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/natio ... /14035809/

The Militia is threatening to come with weapons.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025382611

What could possibly go wrong?

Never mind the fact that this nice young boy as the media was immediately putting out (6'3 and 300lbs) who was "leaving for college" the next day had just tried to rob a store, bounced the owner around like a rag doll, and as far as the assault on the officer, I won't surmise what really happened until I have more facts, but the other "witness" who stated he was gunned down for simply walking home was allegedly an accomplice in the robbery.

But those damn cops. When will we hold them responsible for not getting killed in the meantime.

Clearly this rant is filled with sarcasm, some will chastise for me for it, some will privately or quietly agree, but I'd like one thought to remain either way; let the dust settle and find out the facts before jumping the gun and immediately blaming the police whenever some one fucks up and then pays a high price while those around him refuse to take any responsibility for their own actions, immediately throw out the race card and then start burning down their own goddamn neighborhoods.

Build a fence around it, give those that want to leave and live a normal fucking life 24hrs to do so, then throw in a 100 cans of gasoline and have at it. It's all yours, but once it's done burning you get no more welfare, no more section 8 housing, food stamps, free medical and the Obama phone lines will be cut. That is where you will stay, in the fucking Snake Plisskan zoo that you wanted all along. Oh ya, and fuck the media for race baiting every goddamned thing they see. Hiding behind their desks and wanting shit to burn just for an easy story.

I do of course feel for the young mans family. No one should have to experience their child being killed. I mean that sincerely. I hope they find some peace.
I'll openly agree with you. You nailed it, on all points.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Concure and agree openly with all points noted above. Wish there were a concurs button on tapatalk.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ManchuV wrote:X2
X3
As usual, I agree with everything Jeff says. Today I spent 45 minutes with a retired AR type and a Fairfax County Policeman discussing this. We are all concerned at the militarization of the police.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

An interesting article on LBJ's Great Society experiment almost 50yrs ago. Not directly related to the recent events of Ferguson, but at it's root, a good start to the 'Everything's free as long as you vote for me' mindset of democrats, and how this could quite possibly be the cause and effect of our inner-city neighborhoods looking more and more like fucking Mogadishu.

http://www.westernfreepress.com/2014/03 ... 200-years/

Please excuse the derogatory term used in the title of the link, allegedly the exact words used by LBJ and not a word that I condone. Many of my closest friends are from all walks of life, I trust them explicitly and love them like family, and if someone called them a n*** it'd be a race between us as to who punched that motherfucker in the face first.

While I agree Jim, that the militarization of police is troubling, I'm paying a lot more attention now to that subject and my eyes have been opened quite a bit recently as to just how concerned the everyday citizen is about that. I'm still learning every day Brother and it actually helps me to have those thoughts while I patrol and do my job. It has given me cause to be much more helpful and considerate and try to shuck off the 'us vs them' fuck you attitude. Still is a tough and dirty job that sometimes requires great violence, but your thoughts are heard and I do discuss those concerns with my teammates.

With that said, let's not get tunnel vision and forget what these liberals really want to do to our country. I strongly believe they (liberal democrat pols) promote and feed off of the race card and racially perceived violence from white America and pretend that they really give a shit about the hood while they sit back in their mansions watching old Hanoi Jane movies and laughing about it all as they give away our money, to the very poor and/or sick lame and lazy, who in turn keep voting them into office thereby providing the financial backing for the rich snotty lifestyle they're used to. Just a big circle of money going into the Libs pockets at the expense and suffrage of the poor bastards that vote them in thinking they really care about their plight.

While I'm at it, this includes the rich bankers and oil companies too. Their hands are just as dirty in this mess from pure greed.
I'm all for the work hard, get rewarded for it American way of life, absolutely, but those jamokes are just plain old thieving bastards.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

You never cease to amaze.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Why? Because I have a harsher outlook on life and the decisions people have made for themselves?

I'm not familiar with how things are run where you live. It may be an inner city neighborhood festered with violence and indiscriminate killing on a daily basis or a quiet back country cabin, both are bound to have very different views and different levels of empathy.

When I see these kids from the hood, killing each randomly on a daily basis for wearing a baseball hat that some gang has claimed as their own, or for being on the wrong street that's only a block from their home but 'owned' by a gang that doesn't like 'the other street', and nobody gives a shit about it, but then see the media and government and every snake oil preacher in the country going batshit crazy because a white cop kills a kid who just robbed a store and then allegedly attacks the cop, it amazes me. Where again are all these people on a daily basis crying out for the violence to stop when it's child on child murder over a hat or a street name? Where is the national coverage, rioting and looting when a 2 yr old child is shot in the face and killed while his mother holds him, over some drug money that was owed for some marihuana? Or the 8 yr old girl sitting on a mailbox in front of her house waiting to be put in her carseat shot and killed by a 15 yr old boy with a glock shooting at a rival gang member and only hitting innocent bystanders? These are real events that happened here and I can list quite a few more, here alone, never-mind country wide, why doesn't anyone care about that for more than a 3 minute news blurb?

If they want to burn their own neighborhood down let them, just don't use our tax money to rebuild it for them. If they want to rob and assault people, let them, just don't cry and be upset when they get killed doing it. Pretty simple rules really. Life choices have consequences.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Don't go looting and expect the police not to show up. Isn't that one of the main reasons we have police? To maintain good order and a safe environment?

That being said, I do wonder if the LEO in question needed to shoot the guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not loosing any sleep over it, but I wonder if they could have apprehended him with out shots fired. I don't know all the facts, so I want presume to pass judgement on that LEO, but I think it's possible he may have skipped a few steps in the escalation of force.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

goon175 wrote:Don't go looting and expect the police not to show up. Isn't that one of the main reasons we have police? To maintain good order and a safe environment?

That being said, I do wonder if the LEO in question needed to shoot the guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not loosing any sleep over it, but I wonder if they could have apprehended him with out shots fired. I don't know all the facts, so I want presume to pass judgement on that LEO, but I think it's possible he may have skipped a few steps in the escalation of force.
I agree Goon. Very few people have those facts right now and the longer they wait to put them out the more it seems like a coverup. Keep in mind though use of force can go immediately to deadly force if warranted, even with an unarmed subject. Key words being "if warranted".

If in fact it was a bad shoot, the cop should go to jail, no question. If not, all those people on film looting and burning should be rounded up and also made to pay, whether criminally or financially.

The chief of police has said that the cop didn't yet know the subject was the one wanted for the robbery, but you can bet the robbery suspect thought that's why the cop was there and what affect that had on his response to the cop.

Cop had 6 yrs on the street with no disciplinary action according to reports. You don't generally see someone go on for years with no paper on him and then one day just say fuck it I'm killing this kid. Doesn't add up. Just like the use of force continuum escalates you usually will see a decline over a period of time of the officers ability to maintain a situation without losing his cool and/or having numerous reports/charges of AB/PO trying to excuse his suspects always having to go the hospital on a regular basis. Not always but that's pretty much how the decline in someone's ability to fairly handle people begins to show.

I'd be curious to see the toxicology report as well a RAP sheet/juvenile offenses included for the young man.

Finally the forensics and trajectory will tell the truth if they're ever released.

It's tragic for the families of both parties involved. Looting and burning doesn't help their cause, as well as taking forever to release investigational reports doesn't help 5-0.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

cams wrote:

If in fact it was a bad shoot, the cop should go to jail, no question. If not, all those people on film looting and burning should be rounded up and also made to pay, whether criminally or financially.
The looters should be rounded up regardless of whether it was a good or bad shoot.

If a minority comes into my neighbors home and rapes or murders my neighbor (who I just happen to be of the same race) and my response is anything but sit on my hands and await Law Enfarcement (notice the spelling) to do their investigation. I would be violating the law and I'd be tossed in jail, correct?

If on the other hand I grab like minded and raced individuals and destroy the neighborhood in which I live not out of anger but to steal from my neighbors. I would be violating the law and I'd be tossed in jail, correct?
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

The Rise of the Warrior Cop: Police Militarization in Ferguson — and Your Town
From the Cato Institute with some references:

http://catoinstitute.tumblr.com/post/94 ... ign=buffer
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70