Ferguson, MO

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Ferguson, MO

Post by Baseplate »

Why do the police have a looser ROE than the average Joe in Afghanistan? A protester throws a rock they open fire. A person stands in their yard they get gassed. Yu have a a guy wandering the streets with a fucking fighting knife 6 inches long attached to his vest. I cannot believe that this department has their shit together in any way after they royally fucked up the entire situation. Giving the Ferguson police military gear without military training is like putting the ANA in charge of the city minus the hash smoking and butt sex. It goes right to some bastards' heads. They act and treat a city like a war zone, and it ends up becoming one. If I wanted to watch a bunch of fat useless poorly trained pogues try to act hard, I'd play air soft. Put these retards in any city in Iraq and they'd last point two seconds before being boatmurdered on al Jazeera. It's like a nonstop presentation on 'this is how you piss off the entire populace'. It's embarrassing. I can't believe this escalation of force. Someone chucks a bottle and you open fire? Shit, if Americans did that in Afghanistan every time someone threw a rock, there would be an entire generation of Afghan kids missing.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

<s> They should just be quiet and allow their children to be jailed and murdered quietly <s>
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

<s> = Sarcasm
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

At this point, the shooting is not the central issue any more. What is setting off alarms are photos of cops that look like stormtroopers, or sitting on top of armored vehicles watching crowds through the scope of a sniper rifle, or rousting the press out of a McDonalds for trespassing, and refusing to provide names or badge numbers when asked.

Ironically, it is the State Patrol guy walking down the sidewalk in his blues that is the only positive law enforcement image being projected by the press.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RangerX wrote:At this point, the shooting is not the central issue any more. What is setting off alarms are photos of cops that look like stormtroopers, or sitting on top of armored vehicles watching crowds through the scope of a sniper rifle, or rousting the press out of a McDonalds for trespassing, and refusing to provide names or badge numbers when asked.

Ironically, it is the State Patrol guy walking down the sidewalk in his blues that is the only positive law enforcement image being projected by the press.
You and I agree on that point 100%
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Silverback wrote:<s> = Sarcasm
Say it ain't so.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

This weekend alone in Chicago, 28 people have been shot. 3 dead including 2 children.

There have been 34 children shot to death so far this year in Chicago.

56 children killed last year in Chicago, down from 60 killed in 2012.

These are just the child murder numbers, in one city. How many are we losing country wide from violent crime?

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/

Why in Gods name is Al Sharpton and the media not going absolutely berserk over these numbers?
Simply because there's no publicity in it, and therefore no money.

The Police Chief of Philly, an African American himself, was quoted as saying that if Trayvon Martin had been killed by a black man we wouldn't even have heard about it.

These people don't give a rats ass about these children being killed in black on black violent crime, only when it's a white cop killing a black youth does everyone point their fingers and cry racism. I just don't understand the mentality behind it and to me seems like just an excuse to raise hell. Mob rule, fueled by the media and some washed up shithead soapbox preacher in a fur coat.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

cams wrote:The whole damn thing.....
Cams as usual Brother, you nailed it.

Well,

Nothing like promoting the correct mindset and example from the pulpit:
"When you're exhausted, when you're out of resources, when you're out of ammunition, you surrender," Brown's uncle, pastor Charles Ewing, told worshippers during a Sunday sermon at Jennings Mason Temple in Ferguson. "He surrendered and yet he died."
Like that mentality washes properly on either the street or in combat. :roll:

I'm sure you were there rev to witness the entire event play out from start to finish, while witnesses that "Were there" are now coming forward and stating the opposite in fact, took place.

Your role model must have been Reverend Wright.......

Meanwhile,

As the amount of evidence continues to mount against a government agency that wields enormous power and authority over the entire United States, numerous requests for a special government prosecutor have been refused and ignored by Eric Holder time and again.

However, in this instance, he has plenty of resources, time and money to get involved in this.
FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Attorney General Eric Holder on Sunday ordered a federal medical examiner to perform another autopsy on a black Missouri teenager whose fatal shooting by a white police officer has spurred a week of rancorous and sometimes-violent protests in suburban St. Louis. The Justice Department already had deepened its civil rights investigation into the shooting. A day earlier, officials said 40 FBI agents were going door-to-door gathering information in the Ferguson neighborhood where Brown, who was unarmed, was shot to death Aug. 9 in the street.
Nothing like "Cherry Picking" what you will and won't enforce along with what you will investigate and what you choose to ignore as evidenced by your track record over the last several years.

Gee Eric, if this had been someone of another ethnicity who was shot and killed under similar circumstances by a black officer, does anyone really believe your response would be the same?

As far as my feelings on Ron Johnson, he's turned out to be a complete and total embarrassment to anyone in LE.

And in the midst of this whole damn shit storm, what about the first victim who's all been left behind forgotten about? Does anyone in the DOJ even give a rats ass about him?

Here's the damn link
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I DO NOT think the current reaction in Ferguson is warranted nor acceptable. I agree it is mob rule and should be dealt with.

ETA: Current reaction = The rioting

Now the typical approach of using black on black crime to somehow justify or explain away an investigation is backwards. The fact that "those people kill each other all the time. " has nothing to do with the most current inicdent. Each separate event should be evaluated and dealt with individually.
Last edited by Silverback on August 18th, 2014, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

On another note (this is hard) General Honore' made a very astute observation. He said "I was surprised the police initiated with assault equipment and tactics instead of Riot control equipment and tactics.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Maybe it is just Missouri Spring...get it?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Silverback wrote:I DO NOT think the current reaction in Ferguson is warranted nor acceptable. I agree it is mob rule and should be dealt with.

ETA: Current reaction = The rioting

Now the typical approach of using black on black crime to somehow justify or explain away an investigation is backwards. The fact that "those people kill each other all the time. " has nothing to do with the most current inicdent. Each separate event should be evaluated and dealt with individually.
I agree SB. I'm not trying to justify any of it by those statements, just voicing my frustration of the media and the likes of Sharpton fueling such chaos and wondering why if they really cared for young black men being killed why aren't they all over the rest of these murders? To me it's shameful ratings race and financial gain on the blood of an entire city.

I also agree, you might want to sit down for this one, that the police response was completely out of tune and handled disastrously so far, in so much that the rest of America is now perceiving them as the thugs and aggressors and they've pretty much sealed the deal on the over-militarization of police with one fell swoop. They've shown a complete lack of discipline and control and armed up as they are that itself could lead to a fireball if one cop gets hit by random gunfire and the rest let loose similar to what happened in Watertown. Embarrassing to say the least, no other way to put it.

I'm not on anybodies side in this, but since I see kids killing each other so much, believe it or not I do feel for them and wish all these people with the power, money and media attention would actually stand up and care too, and not only when it suits their own needs.

Make sense?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “The News Dump”