SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
User avatar
ManchuV
Ranger
Posts: 829
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by ManchuV »

He spoke to a reporter from Esquire. I am surprise he got out without finishing his twenty (there must be a reason for that), but I am even more surprise that the Navy or Government is not protecting him and his family. He is the guy who shot UBL. He and his family are targets for the bad guys. If this guy had some PTSD or any mental issues or anything, he would not be able to talk about it to anyone. It is because of issues like this is why there are ex-servicemen going out in the world doing crazy things (suicide, killing sprees, robbing banks...). Compare to that guy who is given LAPD a run for their money :x , the "Shooter" could be someone's worst nightmare :twisted: .

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/sea ... 45195.html
B Co 3/75 (2nd PLT) 1986
JSA-JSF 3rd PLT (Korea) 1987-1989
B Co 1/5 (M) INF (Korea)1989 - 1990
B Co 3/9 (Manchus) 1990 - 1995
Ranger Class 2-93
NCO Academy HI 1995 - 1999
NYARNG Recruiting and Retention CMD/ Brooklyn MEPS 1999 - 2007

User avatar
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 1675
Joined: January 27th, 2005, 3:02 pm

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by rangertough »

This cat deserves no more than any other Service Member that gets out at 16 years. He did his job and quit before 20, what does he expect? It's cool he got to pull the trigger on OBL but honestly, how was this raid any different than any other HVT hit?

Of course the military didn't transition him to another Medical Insurance...They don't do that for anyone else either at 16 years. For fucks sake they don't give you a choice of providers when you retire at 20 or 30 either.

Fuck him arrogant shit, he has his limbs and everything else intact as well. He is getting what he earned from the Military.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

User avatar
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger
Posts: 21935
Joined: March 8th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by Jim »

rangertough wrote:This cat deserves no more than any other Service Member that gets out at 16 years. He did his job and quit before 20, what does he expect? It's cool he got to pull the trigger on OBL but honestly, how was this raid any different than any other HVT hit?

Of course the military didn't transition him to another Medical Insurance...They don't do that for anyone else either at 16 years. For fucks sake they don't give you a choice of providers when you retire at 20 or 30 either.

Fuck him arrogant shit, he has his limbs and everything else intact as well. He is getting what he earned from the Military.

Tough
X2!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

User avatar
cams
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 9632
Joined: June 9th, 2005, 6:45 am

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by cams »

Well fuck. I appreciate that he whacked that fucking chimp for all of us, free beer all night long if I ever met him, but I can say the same thing about the youngest Private that whacked the youngest Haji with an AK. It is what it is.

You think after being in for 17yrs he'd do some research about benefits before starting his paperwork.

My gut feeling is that he saw his buddy making bank and fame off of the book, and figured he better get it, $$, while it's hot so he doesn't miss out. Hard to understand why he'd leave with only 04 yrs to go, but I'm not him, I haven't been where he's been or done what he's done, so my opinion is simply that of an onlooker.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

User avatar
ManchuV
Ranger
Posts: 829
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by ManchuV »

RangerTough,
I disagree on this. OBL was a HVT, but he was not just a leader he was a symbol. Symbols are something that are not to be tossed away and think they do not mean anything. OBL had no allegiance to a country or a flag. He did something we were not use to or heard of before here in America. He brought down the World Trade Center in New York City. He gave hope to those who oppose America. I hate to say this, but he would be like a 'Jesus' to some there in that part of the world or elsewhere. So He is not just another HVT. OBL put fear in American hearts. I flew to the Philippines from NY JFK on Oct 2011. The plane only had seven people on it. That flight (JFK to Narita route) usually would be packed with passengers, but not during that time. I never flew so comfortable. I remember Bush telling folks to go out and shop, because of the fear they had. Killing this guy was the best thing for America. The SEAL who did this did a great job, but the question in my mind does he have any issues after that? I do not have any issues going in my head, at least I do not believe so :). I am wondering why he got out that early when he was close to retirement. Most military folks would not have done that. I read he was asking "I thought: Is this the best thing I've ever done, or the worst thing I've ever done?" You can never know what goes on in someone's mind. He is still a Veteran. A Vet with who earn a lot of respect for what he did. He is a Vet who can NEVER talk about his issues to any one. His family is in no better shape either. He did something that no one did . Again he killed the guy who set up the killing of those on 911 ( I was there when that happen in Jamaica, Queens NY). A lot of people there are thankful of what he did, but what is he getting for his protection? What about his family? When I retired, I was not expecting protection from being a soldier, but his situation was different. My family and I are not a target. He killed the #1 guy that everyone was looking for. He killed the symbol of Al-Qaeda. He and his family are a target.
B Co 3/75 (2nd PLT) 1986
JSA-JSF 3rd PLT (Korea) 1987-1989
B Co 1/5 (M) INF (Korea)1989 - 1990
B Co 3/9 (Manchus) 1990 - 1995
Ranger Class 2-93
NCO Academy HI 1995 - 1999
NYARNG Recruiting and Retention CMD/ Brooklyn MEPS 1999 - 2007

User avatar
RangerX
Ranger
Posts: 7044
Joined: May 4th, 2005, 9:08 am
Location: X Marks the Spot
Contact:

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by RangerX »

Oh look, another media circus involving a SEAL running his suck :roll:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

User avatar
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 1675
Joined: January 27th, 2005, 3:02 pm

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by rangertough »

ManchuV wrote:RangerTough,
I disagree on this. OBL was a HVT, but he was not just a leader he was a symbol. Symbols are something that are not to be tossed away and think they do not mean anything. OBL had no allegiance to a country or a flag. He did something we were not use to or heard of before here in America. He brought down the World Trade Center in New York City. He gave hope to those who oppose America. I hate to say this, but he would be like a 'Jesus' to some there in that part of the world or elsewhere. So He is not just another HVT. OBL put fear in American hearts. I flew to the Philippines from NY JFK on Oct 2011. The plane only had seven people on it. That flight (JFK to Narita route) usually would be packed with passengers, but not during that time. I never flew so comfortable. I remember Bush telling folks to go out and shop, because of the fear they had. Killing this guy was the best thing for America. The SEAL who did this did a great job, but the question in my mind does he have any issues after that? I do not have any issues going in my head, at least I do not believe so :). I am wondering why he got out that early when he was close to retirement. Most military folks would not have done that. I read he was asking "I thought: Is this the best thing I've ever done, or the worst thing I've ever done?" You can never know what goes on in someone's mind. He is still a Veteran. A Vet with who earn a lot of respect for what he did. He is a Vet who can NEVER talk about his issues to any one. His family is in no better shape either. He did something that no one did . Again he killed the guy who set up the killing of those on 911 ( I was there when that happen in Jamaica, Queens NY). A lot of people there are thankful of what he did, but what is he getting for his protection? What about his family? When I retired, I was not expecting protection from being a soldier, but his situation was different. My family and I are not a target. He killed the #1 guy that everyone was looking for. He killed the symbol of Al-Qaeda. He and his family are a target.
I see your points and understand your direction.

However:

There are plenty of dudes who can't talk about Operations for years after they leave a unit because of NDA's they signed.

SOCOM has it's own psyche department (I was interviewed by one of thier head-shrinkers), I'm sure he can get the help he needs from that department if he asks for it. "Shooter" sounds like almost every other SEAL I've met. A whining, grandstanding bitch. The only "trauma" this is going to cause this douche is not getting credit.

If he's worried about the safety of his immediate family it's a good thing he moved off of a secured location (like a Navy base) with a much higher LE presence to Civilian ratio.

At the end of the day who'll believe his ass at the VA? He isn't in danger of becoming a target unless the government confirms his claims and releases the info. Hell, I bet VeriSEAL has already gotten a hit on this cat.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

User avatar
ManchuV
Ranger
Posts: 829
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by ManchuV »

B Co 3/75 (2nd PLT) 1986
JSA-JSF 3rd PLT (Korea) 1987-1989
B Co 1/5 (M) INF (Korea)1989 - 1990
B Co 3/9 (Manchus) 1990 - 1995
Ranger Class 2-93
NCO Academy HI 1995 - 1999
NYARNG Recruiting and Retention CMD/ Brooklyn MEPS 1999 - 2007

User avatar
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy
Posts: 2860
Joined: February 5th, 2008, 5:57 pm
Location: Barbecue Township, North Carolina
Contact:

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by rgrokelley »

Everything about this story is fishy.

Look at me, I'm the guy who killed Bin Laden. Look at me. LOOK AT ME!!!

I have numerous battle scars and disabilities because of things I have done for my country, but they won't take care of any of it at all.


LOOK AT ME... I KILLED BIN LADEN!!! LOOK AT ME!!!

I cannot get a job at all. The government offered me witness protection driving a beer truck, but I turned it down because I killed Bin Laden!

LOOK AT ME!!

Ok, reality check. How many CAG guys do you know who play the victim card, loud and clear, because they think the country owes them something?

I say bullshit.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

User avatar
goon175
Ranger
Posts: 1087
Joined: July 13th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by goon175 »

This guy is a fucking tird for doing this interview and portraying the military the way he did, I don't give a fuck what he did before. When I first read this, I thought, no way this is the actual guy, this guy sounds way too unprofessional and is probably posing to some esquire writer who doesn't know the difference between a normal guy with a beard and a DEVGRU operator.

I was wrong. It was actually him.

Oh, and there is a reason he left early. And there is also a reason he is not bringing it up either.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

User avatar
ManchuV
Ranger
Posts: 829
Joined: February 13th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by ManchuV »

goon175 wrote: "This guy is a fucking tird for doing this interview and portraying the military the way he did, I don't give a fuck what he did before. When I first read this, I thought, no way this is the actual guy, this guy sounds way too unprofessional and is probably posing to some esquire writer who doesn't know the difference between a normal guy with a beard and a DEVGRU operator.

I was wrong. It was actually him.

Oh, and there is a reason he left early. And there is also a reason he is not bringing it up either."

I heard earlier HE WAS NOT THE GUY who shot Bin Laden. Well, I am will not make any excuses. I screwed up in putting out this information. Live and learn for another day.
B Co 3/75 (2nd PLT) 1986
JSA-JSF 3rd PLT (Korea) 1987-1989
B Co 1/5 (M) INF (Korea)1989 - 1990
B Co 3/9 (Manchus) 1990 - 1995
Ranger Class 2-93
NCO Academy HI 1995 - 1999
NYARNG Recruiting and Retention CMD/ Brooklyn MEPS 1999 - 2007

User avatar
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 1675
Joined: January 27th, 2005, 3:02 pm

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by rangertough »

ManchuV wrote:goon175 wrote: "This guy is a fucking tird for doing this interview and portraying the military the way he did, I don't give a fuck what he did before. When I first read this, I thought, no way this is the actual guy, this guy sounds way too unprofessional and is probably posing to some esquire writer who doesn't know the difference between a normal guy with a beard and a DEVGRU operator.

I was wrong. It was actually him.

Oh, and there is a reason he left early. And there is also a reason he is not bringing it up either."

I heard earlier HE WAS NOT THE GUY who shot Bin Laden. Well, I am will not make any excuses. I screwed up in putting out this information. Live and learn for another day.
No brother, you actioned the Intel you had and made us aware of this half-wit.

I stated my opinion about this douche as did you and others. That's one of the reasons Pete started this place.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

User avatar
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger
Posts: 21935
Joined: March 8th, 2005, 10:48 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by Jim »

rangertough wrote:
ManchuV wrote:goon175 wrote: "This guy is a fucking tird for doing this interview and portraying the military the way he did, I don't give a fuck what he did before. When I first read this, I thought, no way this is the actual guy, this guy sounds way too unprofessional and is probably posing to some esquire writer who doesn't know the difference between a normal guy with a beard and a DEVGRU operator.

I was wrong. It was actually him.

Oh, and there is a reason he left early. And there is also a reason he is not bringing it up either."

I heard earlier HE WAS NOT THE GUY who shot Bin Laden. Well, I am will not make any excuses. I screwed up in putting out this information. Live and learn for another day.
No brother, you actioned the Intel you had and made us aware of this half-wit.

I stated my opinion about this douche as did you and others. That's one of the reasons Pete started this place.

Tough
Exactly!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

User avatar
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 3301
Joined: September 27th, 2005, 11:00 am
Location: WAY left of Center

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by RangerJurena »

I was having this discussion with my wife.. The protection thing, thats way over my pay grade, I suppose I never gave it much thought but in a way it makes sense.

The problem I have is the media of course and the Shooter as well. Everything I saw when this broke was that he was busted up, unemployed and had no medical care. Then I read he got out at 16. I told my wife about parts of this, and even she says, well after 16 years he knows full well that hes walking away from everything. I mean we all know the rules, I knew at 10.5 and regret it to this day.

Maybe no stomach for the fight anymore, I can't say I'd blame him but I would have to believe that the Navy could have found a place for this guy check ID cards or something for 4 more years? And if you decided to deviate for this dude and give him something because he was a JSOC cat, your opening Pandora's box.

As for work, well shit, I guess you can just lay down and quit or get off your ass and figure something out. Its hard out here, way harder than when I was in but in a totally different way. Many of us have struggled at one time or another but I have to believe if I was a longtime DEVGRU cat, i could find some work.

Edited to Add: and I knew it was a legit story when his buddy ran up and said.. "dude, they have the most awesome mock up..." Raise your hand if you've been down range and had your mind play a stupid trick like that on you. I know I have...
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
_______________
Mentor to inter06(3/75) and grj5001(1/75)

User avatar
mortar_guy78
Ranger
Posts: 891
Joined: June 11th, 2010, 7:41 am
Location: Don't look behind you.

Re: SEAL, who shot Bin Laden, speaks out.

Post by mortar_guy78 »

RangerX wrote:Oh look, another media circus involving a SEAL running his suck :roll:
THIS
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present


Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Post Reply

Return to “The News Dump”