Georgia Militiamen Indicted for Planning Attack

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Georgia Militiamen Indicted for Planning Attack

Post by Flesh Thorn »

An alleged plot to attack federal and state officials by suspected members of a fringe north Georgia militia group was inspired by an online anti-government novel, authorities said.
Court documents state that 73-year-old Frederick Thomas, a suspected member of the group, told others that he intended to model their actions on the online novel "Absolved," which involves small groups of citizens attacking U.S. officials.

The four suspected members, who federal authorities arrested Tuesday, were expected to appear in court Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/01/4- ... z1cZK8KNEr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Georgia Militiamen Indicted for Planning Attack

Post by rgrokelley »

I want to see more of the "facts". Was this a real planned attack, or was it a bunch of old guys who are disgusted with the way the country is going, and have voiced their opinions over the internet... maybe even over a public forum?

Prosecuting these guys gives the government two cool press releases...

One, home grown terrorism is a bigger threat than Islamic terrorism

Two, the government can denounce Mike Vanderboegh, one of those who helped crack "fast and furious" by saying that his book inspired these "terrorists" (he wrote a novel about this situation happening).

However to believe these things you would have to be very cynical about our government and the Department of Justice. They never lie though, so I figure this is all correct.

By the way, what ever happened to the last story about Iran trying to assasinate the Israeli and Saudi diplomats by using Mexican drug cartels? Nah, that must still be in the news, and is also totally valid.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

From what I've read in the local rag, these guys had gotten as far as getting some of the castor oil beans required to make ricin.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

RangerX wrote:From what I've read in the local rag, these guys had gotten as far as getting some of the castor oil beans required to make ricin.
My grandmother had two or three castor bean plants growing around her house. They are a very common ornamental plant.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Yeah the pungent aroma of bullshit is all over this one........ AGAIN. This is Obama's minions trying to cover up their misdeeds with the old "misinformation" campaign. Ya have to love the way the headline describes them as "Militia" (what a joke.). IMO, if this POS gets re-elected its on and anyone still salutin' the flag will be a target.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

colt1rgr wrote: if this POS gets re-elected its on and anyone still salutin' the flag will be a target.
:shock: :lol: X2
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Its the Homeland Security / DOJ playbook. Anyone who remotely appears to disagree with Barry's agenda is branded as Right Wing Extremists or Militia. I mean look at the news and see how these idiots are branding these "Occupy" assclowns. All the crap thats going down is either not reported or downplayed, but when it was the Tea Party folks you'd of thought Uncle Ho and Bin Laden had landed on the Jersey Shore.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “The News Dump”