Congress revisits carry-permit reciprocity

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Re: Congress revisits carry-permit reciprocity

Post by C-MAC »

All I know is the nearest state without any restrictions and no paperwork is Vermont. A little cold in the winter. But Alaska is colder and I am pretty certain Arizona is much hotter.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Actually I am in easten AZ and i had to wear a jecket to work this morning. It was in the low 40s last night
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Baseplate wrote:Actually I am in easten AZ and i had to wear a jecket to work this morning. It was in the low 40s last night
That will do. Added bonus; it will reduce my shipping expense from Chandler and all the other fine distributors out that way :D
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

I'm not sure about concealed-carry reciprocity forced by the Federal government, but there are definitely some things that need badly fixing that should be legal across all states:

1. The right to carry and possess arms within your own residence/on your own property, whether open or concealed.
2. The right to transport legally purchased arms across state lines within your own vehicle, with reciprocity for "legally purchased".
3. The right to open carry arms from your vehicle to your place of residence, firing range, gun dealership, hunting grounds, etc.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

uh-huh. Look at all the problems that driver's licence reciprocity has created.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

K.Ingraham wrote:uh-huh. Look at all the problems that driver's licence reciprocity has created.
There is no comparison to concealed carry reciprocity. All states have driver's license. Due to this all states, by agreement, have reciprocity.

All states do not have concealed carry license. Forcing a state to now allow something that is not within their laws is tyranny.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

rgrokelley wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:uh-huh. Look at all the problems that driver's licence reciprocity has created.
There is no comparison to concealed carry reciprocity. All states have driver's license. Due to this all states, by agreement, have reciprocity.

All states do not have concealed carry license. Forcing a state to now allow something that is not within their laws is tyranny.
Exactly! As I said earlier, I would love for the states to do this on their own, but if the FED gets involved it will be a soup sandwich. I don't trust our government, without a doubt we have never seen a time like this in our history and I have a grave feeling it is just the beginning.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Re: Congress revisits carry-permit reciprocity

Post by Silverback »

Apples and Oranges

Sent by Droid
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Re: Congress revisits carry-permit reciprocity

Post by Jim »

Silverback wrote:
Apples and Oranges
My God, is congress going to regulate apples and oranges, too?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Re: Re: Congress revisits carry-permit reciprocity

Post by Silverback »

Jim wrote:
Silverback wrote:
Apples and Oranges
My God, is congress going to regulate apples and oranges, too?
Give 'em an in and I bet they would

Sent by Droid
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Apples and Oranges
[/quote]
My God, is congress going to regulate apples and oranges, too?[/quote]

Give 'em an in and I bet they would

Sent by Droid[/quote]

To late, I think the FDA already has this covered.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.

Return to “The News Dump”