HOW HEAVY IS YOUR STATE?

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Buzz
Ranger

HOW HEAVY IS YOUR STATE?

Post by Buzz »

The only reason the SEC does not make up the whole top 10 is because Georgia has Ft. Benning and Florida has skinny models on South Beach.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43670705/ns ... ?GT1=43001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
RangerX
Ranger

Re: HOW HEAVY IS YOUR STATE?

Post by RangerX »

I travel pretty extensively, and the South has no monopoly on chunk style models. Although I think technically in the North they need the blubber to keep from freezing to death.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Obesity is defined as a body mass index -- the weight-to-height ratio -- of 30 or more.
The BMI will tell you that your are over weight even with your ribs showing or at least on athletic people. There is actually a revised BMI calculator to use if you fall in this category.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I was born and raised in Mississippi and yes most people are fucking fat there
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Lunch wrote:
They're fat up here because they are fucking lazy...that's all there is to it. Just this morning on my way to work I watched a guy "walking" his dog...dog was walking while the guy rode his ATV beside him holding the leash.
If someone needs to go to corner store they take car one parking space to get closer, then u-turn to get original spot again & they kill you for it if you get in their fat way.

Kids are getting fat too. Mothers drive the kids 6 blocks & then pick 'em up at school's end so they won't be tired when playing vid, wii & iPhone, iPad games while they slouch on couch.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Looks like Virginia is about 30th. Still too damn lazy and fat.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

They talk about feeding kids healthy school lunches, not allowing brownies at a freakin bake sale and banning soda machines in schools here in down/mid state NY. Stupid parents chime in like parrots how great an idea that is.

Meanwhile kids that live within walking distance get driven and parents stop to get them a friggin donut and coffee/sports drink laced with sugar or HFCS on the way.

Kids that take the bus? I swear the bus stops every 50 yards.

On the way home they get Mickey D's because their parents are fat lazy asses who don't cook. Ever. Then they have the stones to complain how fat and lazy their kids are? Whatever happened to tough love and lead by example?
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Jim wrote:Looks like Virginia is about 30th.
Rampant methamphetamine addiction must have skewed the results. :shock:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
Jim wrote:Looks like Virginia is about 30th.
Rampant methamphetamine addiction must have skewed the results. :shock:
No methamphetamine -- they're zombies.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Just curious; is lard still the preferred cooking substance down South? That might do it.

Although last time I was in Columbus we ate grits with lard at this greasy spoon diner. It was the best I ever had. :roll:
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

What with all the butter, cheese, beer, bratwurst, and more beer consumed here in industrial-size quantities, surprised we aren't in the top ten.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Black2594
Tadpole

Post by Black2594 »

Baseplate wrote:I was born and raised in Mississippi and yes most people are fucking fat there
Agreed Ranger Baseplate.. Almost all the people here eat too much cornbread and butter beans.
I don't want to settle for being just another medic. I strive for and want to earn the title 'Doc'.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Black2594 wrote:
Baseplate wrote:I was born and raised in Mississippi and yes most people are fucking fat there
Agreed Ranger Baseplate.. Almost all the people here eat too much cornbread and butter beans.

I think it is more triple cheesburgers and super duper french fries
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “The News Dump”