Hawaii Evacuates Coastal Areas : Tsunami Warning!

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Hawaii Evacuates Coastal Areas : Tsunami Warning!

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Hawaiian authorities sounded sirens Saturday morning to alert residents to evacuate coastal areas ahead of a potential tsunami generated by a major earthquake that hit Chile.

The sirens sounded through the pre-dawn dark on all Hawaii's islands at 6 a.m. (11 a.m. ET), alerting people in coastal areas of the need to retreat to higher ground.

Waikiki's world-famous beaches were empty and tourists gathered in small groups on sidewalks. They will be evacuated to the third floor and above of hotels when the tsunami is projected to arrive around 11:19 a.m. (4:19 p.m. ET).

News Link
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Hawaii Evacuates Coastal Areas : Tsunami Warning!

Post by hobbit »

When I saw all the surfers out there offshore, I was pretty sure there'd be no tsunami. They were wiating for the surf to recede. It never happened. Good curl out there though.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

vorenaxy wrote:How would the world be different if the devastating Indian Ocean earthquake & tsunami of 2004 hadn't happened? I'm doing a project in my history class about major world events and as one of mine I choose the 2004 tsunami. I need to write an indepth answer, but I'm having trouble finding effects on the world. I already have lots of information about how it short term and long term effected the actual survivors, but i need more of a global response. Any help?
:D
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

vorenaxy wrote:How would the world be different if the devastating Indian Ocean earthquake & tsunami of 2004 hadn't happened? I'm doing a project in my history class about major world events and as one of mine I choose the 2004 tsunami. I need to write an indepth answer, but I'm having trouble finding effects on the world. I already have lots of information about how it short term and long term effected the actual survivors, but i need more of a global response. Any help?
here's some help, go post an intro in the appropriate area, after you read the rules in the intro section. we like to know who we're talking to.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “The News Dump”