Is it sacriligious to pray for "one shot - one kill"?

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Is it sacriligious to pray for "one shot - one kill"?

Post by K.Ingraham »

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-milita ... id=9575794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maker of high quality gunsights apparently thinks this promotes the will of God.

Excerpts:
U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes
Pentagon Supplier for Rifle Sights Says It Has 'Always' Added New Testament References.

By JOSEPH RHEE, TAHMAN BRADLEY and BRIAN ROSS
Jan. 18, 2010
Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the U.S. military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.

The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army.

U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan and were drawn up in order to prevent criticism that the U.S. was embarked on a religious "Crusade" in its war against al Qaeda and Iraqi insurgents...

..."It allows the Mujahedeen, the Taliban, al Qaeda and the insurrectionists and jihadists to claim they're being shot by Jesus rifles," he said.
Weinstein, an attorney and former Air Force officer, said many members of his group who currently serve in the military have complained about the markings on the sights. He also claims they've told him that commanders have referred to weapons with the sights as "spiritually transformed firearm[s] of Jesus Christ." ...
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
panthersix
Ranger

Re: Is it sacriligious to pray for "one shot - one kill"?

Post by panthersix »

Lunch wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:
..."It allows the Mujahedeen, the Taliban, al Qaeda and the insurrectionists and jihadists to claim they're being shot by Jesus rifles" ...
Well shit fire. Got a reallllly simple solution to this issue.
Yep, stop watching ABC news! :mrgreen:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

How about all these panty waist asshats with nothing left to do go fuck they selves?

Personally if I have my druthers....I wanna send a heathen to Jesus with a sight, bullet and even gun that believes...Who really gives a rats ass...stupid debate...diversion from Slap bammy getting spanked in the polls...

Fuck 'em.

(Sorry if all that was out loud....)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
KK52

Post by KK52 »

As to "one shot, one kill"...... Sounds like undeserved mercy, to me.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

. called it. And personally I wouldnt give a rat fuck if they coated the bullets with pig blood and stamped "die you goat fucking raghead shit for brains" on each weapon, site, and bullet.

Oh wait, we have nothing else in this country to worry about like the economy, Russia, China, Islam, a President who wants the UN to run our country, and crime. No, lets stop this parade and worry about something REALLY fucking important like hidden codes on sites. :roll: :roll:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:. called it. And personally I wouldnt give a rat fuck if they coated the bullets with pig blood and stamped "die you goat fucking raghead shit for brains" on each weapon, site, and bullet.

Oh wait, we have nothing else in this country to worry about like the economy, Russia, China, Islam, a President who wants the UN to run our country, and crime. No, lets stop this parade and worry about something REALLY fucking important like hidden codes on sites. :roll: :roll:
Rock Island Ranger for President in 2012

You have 1 vote already..... Mine!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

. wrote:How about we finally call this war what it really is.
x2, and it ain't religious either. If fuckin' Allah himself came down and said "cut that shit out", they'd come up with another excuse.

I compare it to the dying out/killing of Neanderthals. I half wonder if there is some significant genetic difference between the Jihadists and Westerners that might explain it. Either way, I know which side I want to win, and it involves Playboy, the internet & running water.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

I hope they don't notice the "In God we Trust" on our currency.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992

Return to “The News Dump”