Janet Napolitano ... "the system worked" (OP/ED)

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
dbmtrman
Ranger

Re: Janet Napolitano ... "the system worked"

Post by dbmtrman »

BHO sure is a great commander in chief. A terrorist trys to take down another one of our planes and he takes 3 days to comment on it. Yet something like forcing free health care for the lazy welfare recipants and he will drop everything to get his mug on tv.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Bcosniper
Ranger

Post by Bcosniper »

dbmtrman wrote:BHO sure is a great commander in chief. A terrorist trys to take down another one of our planes and he takes 3 days to comment on it. Yet something like forcing free health care for the lazy welfare recipants and he will drop everything to get his mug on tv.
Nothing like having priorities.
Bco 2/75 1st Plt, Webco
1990-1996
RS 12-91

All you got to do is breeeeaaatth and squeeze
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I voted for him (unfortunately) shedded my republican skins and took a chance on the "I have a dream speeches and his book".... Big mistake.

Psycho shrink doctor in Texas kills multiple soldiers, puts on a presentation in front of commanding officers about islam and the evils of our Christain nation....

The President takes 5 days to show up and give a speech to the families and soldiers on post.

Nigerian silver spooned nutcase tries to blow up a plane bound for the U.S.

American "Civilian" hero's respond and take the SOB out...

The President takes 3 days to respond....

His hand picked cabinet appointee responds that the "system" worked.....

Hmmmm, I guess that's what they call modern day progress

Maybe next time a crisis situation occurs he'll decide to respond to the situation in real world time as opposed to an "idealistic" situation.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Bugsy, in your defense there wasn't much to pick from in the last election. McCain wasn't a stellar candidate either.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

I think somewhere there is a guy with burned hands wrapped in bandages with the word "SYSTEM" printed across his T-Shirt.
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Tater Nuts wrote:I still think they should have stomped the fire out rather than use water.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

So, the terrorist pays with cash, for a one way ticket.
He was on a terrorist watch list.
His father, a millionaire influential government head warned the US that his son was going to do a terrorist act
The terrorist had no baggage, though he said he was going to Detroit for two weeks.
He had no passport (that hasn't been verified yet)
He actually lit the bomb and the cap went "pop" but due to divine intervention the bomb didn't go off.

Yep, the system worked.

I also like how the administration is calling this an isolated incident and a law enforcement matter. The FBI, nor the CIA are able to question this guy.

How's that change working out for ya? :roll:
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Janet Napolitano ... "the system worked" (OP/ED)

Post by RangerJurena »

I'm not a Janet fan and I voted for McCain, not that I thought he had a chance after the pitbull with lipstick came on board, but at least I voted.

However, you should read her entire statement, it reads a bit different than "the system worked".
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

And I just went back and looked at the "link" in the initial post.. Next we will use TMZ as our sources..
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RangerJurena wrote:I'm not a Janet fan and I voted for McCain, not that I thought he had a chance after the pitbull with lipstick came on board, but at least I voted.

However, you should read her entire statement, it reads a bit different than "the system worked".
Here it is
Uh, right now that is part of the criminal justice investigation that is ongoing, and uh, I think it would be inappropriate to speculate as to whether or not he had such ties. What we’re focused on was making sure that the air environment remains safe, people are confident when they travel, and one think I’d to point out is … is that the system worked. Everybody played an important role here … the passengers and crew of the flight took appropriate action within literally an hour to 90 minutes of the incident occurring all 128 flights in the air had been notified to take some special measures in light of what had occurred on the Northwest Airlines flight. Uh, we instituted new measures on the ground and at screening areas both here in the United States and in Europe … uh … where this flight originated, so … ah … th … the whole process of making sure that we respond properly, directly and effectively went very smoothly
So, she does say the system worked. However what she is saying is that it worked because a passenger jumped the terrorist, after the bomb failed to explode and the flight crew took appropriate action. This is NOT part of the "system" of the Federal government. This is why she caught hell.

On a side note, John McCain never stood a chance before Sarah Palin was chosen as his running mate. He is about as conservative as Lieberman. The Republican hierarchy has yet to figure out that when you run a moderate they will almost always lose. This was the "Bob Dole" of this decade, and like Bob Dole, he lost before he ran. When McCain ran back to Washington to vote for the stimulus, he fucked himself.

Today, no one wants to hear the guy. Interestingly Palin has standing room only everywhere she goes. Though this isn't an endorsement of her, it does show that you can't believe the Saturday Night Live hype, and think she drove off the voters. She is a threat to liberals and like all threats she must be ridiculed. Think of any conservative running for office, and the only way the liberals have to deal with that threat is make them seem stupid, make them seem out of touch, make them seem disconnected. If you are old enough, remember how the liberals and the media treated Reagan. He was an idiot, he wasn't really the guy in charge, he wasn't bright enough to be in the White House. SNL made fun of him too, but history has shown otherwise.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

"Janet Incompitano."
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “The News Dump”