White House's "fishy" Information Collection May Be Illegal

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

White House's "fishy" Information Collection May Be Illegal

Post by Flesh Thorn »

The White House strategy of turning supporters into snitches when they see "fishy" information about the health care debate may run afoul of the law, legal experts say.

"The White House is in bit of a conundrum because of this privacy statute that prohibits the White House from collecting data and storing it on people who disagree with it," Judge Andrew Napolitano, a FOX News analyst, said Friday.

"There's also a statute that requires the White House to retain all communications that it receives. It can't try to rewrite history by pretending it didn't receive anything," he said.

Article

Previous related thread http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=49492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Nomad
Ranger

Re: White House's "fishy" Information Collection May Be Illegal

Post by Nomad »

Nothing's going to come of this. Makes me sick.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Re: White House's "fishy" Information Collection May Be Illegal

Post by Horned Toad »

The plus side is I have a new email addy to use for spam or taking polls on the intenet :lol:
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “The News Dump”