3 oakland cops killed, scumbag deceased

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
BadMuther
BANNED

3 oakland cops killed, scumbag deceased

Post by BadMuther »

OAKLAND, Calif. – A police officer shot during a traffic stop has been pronounced brain dead but remained on life support, police said Sunday, retracting an earlier statement that he had died.

Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason announced the death of 41-year-old Officer John Hege earlier Sunday but later said that Hege was being kept alive while a final decision was made about donating his organs.

Police said a 26-year-old parolee wanted on a parole violation opened fire on Hege and Sgt. Mark Dunakin, 40, during a traffic stop Saturday afternoon, killing Dunakin, police said.

Full story

RIP.
smokn38
Paratrooper

Re: 3 oakland cops killed, scumbag deceased

Post by smokn38 »

Fuck, RIP.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Just goes to show that gun control has done fuck all in our state...

Rest in Peace, LEO's!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Looks like it's actually four. The last is brain dead. They have him on life support until they can harvest his organs. What a terrible thing. I can't fathom losing that many from one agency in a single day. One of our Brothers works for that very agency. Thank God they destroyed the turd who did it. I hope it was painful and slow for him.

Prayers out to the families, friends, and fellow officers. RIP.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
18Z5V
Triple Canopy

Post by 18Z5V »

RIP.

It was five OPD cops shot and four killed in the line of duty. I got quite a few OPD buddies and one the four was my buddies academy classmate.
RS 12-93
SFAS 06-01
SFQC 04-01
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

18C4V wrote:RIP.

It was five OPD cops shot and four killed in the line of duty. I got quite a few OPD buddies and one the four was my buddies academy classmate.
Good to know you're safe.
another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

R.I.P., men.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Very sad day for law enforcement. May the rest in peace and the perp suffer in eternity.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Any ideas on why the casualty rate was so high?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Silverback wrote:Any ideas on why the casualty rate was so high?
All were head shots.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

EarthPig wrote:
All were head shots.

RLTW
EP
Wow that means that said scum bag was well trained and well armed! Anyone have a background on this guy? He hit 5 LEOs of which 3 are KIA and one will not make it! WTF happened?
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

EarthPig wrote:
All were head shots.

RLTW
EP

I was actually thinking from a tactics point of view.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:A very bad day……………..

Suspect was armed with a SKS and also had a 40 on him. With the two motor officers already down the Suspect put more rounds into them and then fled. Once his location was confirmed they were stacking up in the hallway outside the apartment when the Suspect started firing rounds through the wall taking out one SWAT officer. After the downed officer was rescued entry was made. First man in took one in the head as the Suspect fired from the prone from inside of a closet. He was subsequently taken out by SWAT officers. One other LEO also was wounded but not bad.

As far as the location, this all occurred within a few blocks of OPD’s largest substation. My team was set up doing surveillance on a homicide suspect in the exact block for approx. 6 months. It is an absolute shithole neighborhood.

Just offering this up for the curious. I realize that many of you know that I work on those same streets often and that I went through the OPD academy in 1990. This shit was, and is not, about me but I appreciate the phonecalls, emails and PM’s of support. Did not personally know any of the victims but have worked operations with them. All were veteran officers and of the 4 I hear they had 10 children.

May they rest in peace.
Thanks for the Snapshot
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:A very bad day……………..

Suspect was armed with a SKS and also had a 40 on him. With the two motor officers already down the Suspect put more rounds into them and then fled. Once his location was confirmed they were stacking up in the hallway outside the apartment when the Suspect started firing rounds through the wall taking out one SWAT officer. After the downed officer was rescued entry was made. First man in took one in the head as the Suspect fired from the prone from inside of a closet. He was subsequently taken out by SWAT officers. One other LEO also was wounded but not bad.

As far as the location, this all occurred within a few blocks of OPD’s largest substation. My team was set up doing surveillance on a homicide suspect in the exact block for approx. 6 months. It is an absolute shithole neighborhood.

Just offering this up for the curious. I realize that many of you know that I work on those same streets often and that I went through the OPD academy in 1990. This shit was, and is not, about me but I appreciate the phonecalls, emails and PM’s of support. Did not personally know any of the victims but have worked operations with them. All were veteran officers and of the 4 I hear they had 10 children.

May they rest in peace.
Ranger Zonk 1/75,
Thank you to you and to all law enforcement for all you do, I use to work in Oakland (in the pretty pink/ peach colored high rise) when I lived in the Bay Area most times didn't have any problems but once in awhile one would run into a ding dong or two had to file a report here or there OPD always was awesome to work with.

I pray for the friends, family and especially the children of these men. I also pray that some good comes from all the unrest your area has seen the last few months, stay safe out there!
Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."

Return to “The News Dump”