H.R. 45, The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
TheREMF
Ranger

H.R. 45, The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing

Post by TheREMF »

I ran across this by accident and haven't seen anything else about it. This has been referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security and has no sponsors but it still looks nasty.

"H.R. 45, The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009"

"H.R. 45 would provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms."

Some of the highlights include:

1. Require licensing for anybody that owns a gun.

2. Would require photographs and a thumbprint

3. Would require passage of a test that covers:

(A) the safe storage of firearms, particularly in the vicinity of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;

(B) the safe handling of firearms;

(C) the use of firearms in the home and the risks associated with such use;

(D) the legal responsibilities of firearms owners, including Federal, State, and local laws relating to requirements for the possession and storage of firearms, and relating to reporting requirements with respect to firearms; and

(E) any other subjects, as the Attorney General determines to be appropriate;

http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/sh ... HR_45.html

This looks like an attempt to register every gun owner in the U. S. It probably won't fly but there is probably more to come.
The REMF
HHC 2/75th 92-94

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: H.R. 45, The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing

Post by Baseplate »

How would they know what firearms are owned by whom?
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Baseplate wrote:How would they know what firearms are owned by whom?
I don't have any :D
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

H.R.45 was just introduced and is in committee now. Government Track: H.R. 45
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Hopefully, they learned the lesson about infringing on anything gun related. It cost the Dems a lot of seats last time.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Well, since this is in the News Dump...

Guns are wicked evil things. Only the police and military should have guns. You don't need a gun if you are in the United States because the police and military will protect you. A gun is only designed to kill, and we are a civilized nation. We don't kill anymore, and this ain't the Wild West! The only people that have guns are stupid rednecks and self conscious men who are over compensating for small penises. If you have a gun you are more likely to shoot yourself or a loved one than a robber. If you do get robbed you are more likely to have it taken away and used against you than if you didn't have one at all.

:D :D :D
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

rgrokelley wrote:Well, since this is in the News Dump...

Guns are wicked evil things. Only the police and military should have guns. You don't need a gun if you are in the United States because the police and military will protect you. A gun is only designed to kill, and we are a civilized nation. We don't kill anymore, and this ain't the Wild West! The only people that have guns are stupid rednecks and self conscious men who are over compensating for small penises. If you have a gun you are more likely to shoot yourself or a loved one than a robber. If you do get robbed you are more likely to have it taken away and used against you than if you didn't have one at all.

Agreed. Guns are abhorant devises used by small minds who cannot contemplate the wonders of peaceful existance. Only the truely connected mind can overcome a violent society...like President Obama...now THERE....is a man amoung men.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

wazzle wrote:

and what is your point??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GUNS ARE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean to type so many exclamation points, but my teleprompter told me to do it
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

rgrokelley wrote:
wazzle wrote:

and what is your point??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GUNS ARE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean to type so many exclamation points, but my teleprompter told me to do it
:lol: :lol: :lol:
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Hung Low wrote:

A guy I knew actually argues that guns should be illegal because they get stolen from gun owners buy criminals who then go shoot people with them.
Same theory with cars except they run over people. Glad you didnt say he was a friend. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “The News Dump”