Obesity is a virus.....

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
resqparamedic
Ranger

Re: Obesity is a virus.....

Post by resqparamedic »

Nomad wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:So....a bro can "catch a fat". Wow....and of course this disease seems to be located in this country more than any other. Weird.
The great thing is that the healthcare plan for it is somewhere between free and nothing else. You go for a run to combat your disease.

I fucking hate fat asses.
LOL... just wait until your health care costs go up even more because the obese are being treated for fatness, because obviously making them work out isn't the answer. an working out help you to recover from a cold? No, the doctor tells you when you have a disease to lay low and not work out..... Happy days.
Regt HQ '93 - '94
Bco 3/75 '94 - '96

Afghanistan '04 - '05
Iraq '05 - '08
Sudan '08 - '09
Iraq '09 - As soon as I can finish up my contract!
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

So that is what is wrong with BM.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

So this is the only virus that CANNOT be transmitted through drunken unsafe sex?

WTF?
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
wade_the_duck
Tadpole

Doctors have found the cure!

Post by wade_the_duck »

http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... html?imw=Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder how many millions of dollars they spent to figure it out?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Doctors have found the cure!

Post by Steadfast »

wade_the_duck wrote:http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... html?imw=Y

I wonder how many millions of dollars they spent to figure it out?
I took this quote from the above link - I believe this is key in helping anyone serious about reducing.
In this study, the participants who took advantage of group and individual counseling offered as part of the diets had far greater success than those who chose to go it alone.
I have shed a significant amount of weight since embarking on my own weight loss plan. My weight is still declining after 3 years. In group, I learned a great deal of nutritional information & with individual counseling learned how to plan eating. I haven't been a complete angel but I continue to do well.

I probably should write a book about my own personal experience. The greatest advice I received was not from group or individual counseling but the Ranger members of this board dispensing advice to the young men coming here to: NEVER QUIT (in regards to training) has been my greatest asset.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Parabellum wrote:So that is what is wrong with BM.
That was "Cooooooooooooolllllldddddddddd....bloooddddddddeeddddddd!"

Return to “The News Dump”