Bonuses, elite rep help boost Marine numbers

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Bonuses, elite rep help boost Marine numbers

Post by Silverback »

Good for the Corps
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I don't find that hard to believe at all. The USMC recruiters in my area are all combat veterans, in shape, motivated and more than happy to invest extra time with their DEP's to get them in shape before they ship out. They are a really impressive bunch.
CardiacKid
Ranger

Post by CardiacKid »

"Elite rep." Well isn't this one obvious? I mean... all infantry Marines are the equivalent to Army Rangers. (If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that from some boot.)
MCCC/SFDOQC (2011-present)
2-502 IN (2008-2011)
RS Class 8-08
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Honestly, I went to the USMC before the US Army. Then two things happened, 1- I saw the Deerhunter and I knew then that I had to be Airborne no matter what (USMC does not guarantee an Airborne slot), and 2- When they whipped out the big pickle jar and lubed up the top of it, my head didn't fit, so I was unfit for the Corps!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

A good friend of mine is a retired Army Military Police 1SG. We live near and work on Ft. Leonard Wood (you know, home of the MP Corps). His boy was wanting to go in the Army, but had to lose some weight and raise his ASVAB to qualify to be an MP. The Army recruiter didn't do a goddamn thing for him, but the Marine recruiter studied with him and PT'd him over a 4 month period. Oh yeah - the Army recruiter was in town and the Marine recruiter was 25 miles away.

Hell, my son had a Marine recruiter come see him, even after he'd accepted his ROTC scholarship, just to make the contact, "in case things don't work out".
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

The Marine Corps has a completely different attitude towards recruiting and instructing.

While I agree with JLTW that there are good Army recruiters, they are definitely the minority. The absolutely worst of all the services are the AF. Embarrassing.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I was going to be in the Marines but my parents wern't 1st cousins so I didn't qualify
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “The News Dump”