Israel strikes demolish Hamas compounds

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Chiron
Ranger

Re: Israel strikes demolish Hamas compounds

Post by Chiron »

I have been following closely especially what is being said on the world news and the public outcry from both side of the coin.

My opinion is that one can’t demand the destruction of a nation recognized by the UN but there is one stipulation and that would bring the Israeli borders back to pre six day war borders. That’s my opinion.

Second regarding the continuous rocket attacks on Israel by Hamas well the IDF should have gone into Gaza long, long ago. I feel that the public outcry would have been the same but hey that’s war. Also it’s only logical to have a public outcry so this should be finished with all haste and we may go back to watching TV and what ever we do on a normal day.

By the way the Palestinian KIA according to news is over 560 and they say that two IDF soldiers are captured. I think that they also say that 30 IDF soldiers are WIA.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

One more issue that has been brought up.

According to the Palestinians of the west bank and the Egyptians Gaza has been under blockade for years now. I was wondering if the Israelis lifted the blockade after an eventual cease-fire, would the rockets then stop?

It also seems to me that most objectives have been met except maybe the total destruction of Hamas. I would venture to say that one of the objectives should be the destruction of a terrorist threat. The only problem would be that if you eliminate Hamas now then all the people that voted for them would eventually give birth to another “Hamas”. So maybe the solution is to make terms acceptable to BOTH parties and finish with this once and for all.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Tenn-RGR wrote: While you may be able to kill hundreds of "terrorists" or even lift blockades, you can't kill an idea or a mindset. This will go on (not necessarily this particular invasion) way beyond our lifetime. I'm with Israel though, I'll kill as many of "them" as I can while I'm here.
Couldn't agree more. PLO was replaced by Fatah, which was replaced by Hamas, which will be replaced by something like the Al-Aqsa Brigade etc. Same assholes, different name/banner.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

The mid-east "peace process" of negotiations, appeasements, ceasefires, U.N. Resolutions, etc. has been going on for my entire life time and nothing much has changed - there has been no peace. Perhaps it is time to let the parties involved fight it out until one side unconditionally surrenders or is completely destroyed.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Ranger Bill wrote:The mid-east "peace process" of negotiations, appeasements, ceasefires, U.N. Resolutions, etc. has been going on for my entire life time and nothing much has changed - there has been no peace. Perhaps it is time to let the parties involved fight it out until one side unconditionally surrenders or is completely destroyed.
Best 'Solution' thus far. In the words of a member of this board, "CONCURE"!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Hezbollah is saying they will now attack northern Israel…… Maybe this fight will need more than Israel. If Iran ends up supporting the fight by becoming physically involved then it will become a great opportunity. :wink:

As news comes in things change.

Israel has mobilized it's conscripts and Hezbollah is threatening an attack. Hamas officially called for help in killing Israeli men, women and children. So it becomes nasty. :twisted:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

My uncle spent 16 years fighting these people. Nothing positive could be said and that's that.

Having said that there is a limit to killing civilians, other than collateral damage if it becomes obvious that they are being targeted then someone will have to pay. The problem is that Hamas is targeting civilians and also hiding behind them.

I don’t disagree with what everyone is saying I only feel that since the backlash will be felt closer to where I live I would stress caution. Short of genocide is what this is looking like to all non-Israeli people and that’s why I stress caution. So far the collateral damage is large and if this gets any worst someone may have to answer to it.

That’s my take because I have lived next to Palestinians and although don’t agree with them they have the right to live.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton

Return to “The News Dump”