This could get interesting...

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
CatFish Driver
Ranger

This could get interesting...

Post by CatFish Driver »

LINK

This is already stirring up trouble with certain organizations claiming violation of Posse Comitatus. It seems to me that the Pentagon is just trying to ensure that there are personnel allocated at all times in case of domestic terror attacks or natural disasters.

I agree that the military policing its own citizens is a bad idea as they are untrained to do so, but in times of disaster or emergency, it's nice to know that there are dedicated personnel on hand to help the most likely overwhelmed civil servants/infrastructure. My 2 cents.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Silverback
Ranger

Re: This could get interesting...

Post by Silverback »

Posse Comitatus only pertains to "policing and peace officer duties", which if this policy is enacted, it doesn't seem as though the mission would require this type of activity.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
another damn texan
Ranger

Re: This could get interesting...

Post by another damn texan »

It's for your protection, citizen.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95

Return to “The News Dump”