Chinese cheaters in women's gymnastics

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Chinese cheaters in women's gymnastics

Post by Ardent Lady »

"So those pesky provincial registration forms that listed birth dates that would make three Chinese women -- He Kexin, Yang Yilin and Jiang Yuyuan -- too young for the Games and the numerous stories in Chinese-language newspapers last year that listed He as 13 until she began posting high scores on uneven bars are of no importance to the FIG."

The above is quoted from the Los Angelas Times article found here:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/olympic ... ge-ok.html
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

Who do you blame for this? The parents, china, or the athlete. I say take em all out back and shoot them!!!
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Tenn-RGR wrote:This just means we got our ass kicked by 13 year old girls instead of 16 year olds. I say let em play.
There's an olympics on?
:roll:
I quit watching them when from about the time they went to digital scoreboards. When professional athletes started winning gold medals it was no longer that big of a deal (that the the evil empire was no longer around).

The whole initial show was too much like Berlin 1936 for me. All it showed was that if you put a few hundred thousand peasants in a stadium and threaten them with death or re-education, you can do just about anything.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

rgrokelley wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:This just means we got our ass kicked by 13 year old girls instead of 16 year olds. I say let em play.
There's an olympics on?
:roll:
I quit watching them when from about the time they went to digital scoreboards. When professional athletes started winning gold medals it was no longer that big of a deal (that the the evil empire was no longer around).

The whole initial show was too much like Berlin 1936 for me. All it showed was that if you put a few hundred thousand peasants in a stadium and threaten them with death or re-education, you can do just about anything.
The Berlin Olympics were billed as a 'showcase' of German superiority, much like the Chinese are trying desperatly to prove to the world they are better than everyone now. Everyone knows what happened a short time after the Berlin Olympics when German troops rolled across Europe. Is this history repeating itself and the start of something much bigger?
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Ranger Tenn-RGR, I see it as a matter of qualification, and playing by the rules that have been established. The women's gymnastics used to be ruled by 13 year olds. Eventually it was determined that they were injuring themselves by training so hard before puberty, and an age restriction was added. There is no question their performances were better, flashy and solid, but the athletes weren't eligible to be competing under the current rules.
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

I say we Nuke the whole fucking country................13 yr olds included.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Mr_Handsome
Ranger

Post by Mr_Handsome »

RRDTm3 wrote:I say we Nuke the whole fucking country................13 yr olds included.
Include Russia while we're at it.
B Co 3/75
1996-1998
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Mr_Handsome wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:I say we Nuke the whole fucking country................13 yr olds included.
Include Russia while we're at it.

It may come to trading nukes if China & Russia ever decide to partner up and together decide to devide and conquer the world.
coldsteal2
Veteran: US Army/US Navy

Post by coldsteal2 »

You know right off the start there is a problem with
age in China, when a baby is born they are called
one year old. So all those kids are acutaly a year younger
than they say.
SGT USArmy Retired/Disabled
B 1/44 ADA 9th ID Ft Lewis 88-91 16R10 Vulcan Gunner
31M 63rd ARCOM 88 Oceanside CA
also
RM2 USN 1983-1988
NAVCOMMSTA SD 84-86
32nd ST NAVSTA 86-87
USS Merrill DD 976 86-87
NAS PENSACOLA Naval Aircrewman 87-88
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

The whole purpose of this rule is that 13 year olds are inherently more flexible than a 16 year old. But the beatings that their bodies take will hobble them later in life if they continue the competition regimen. The rule is there to protect the girls.

If we allowed US 13 year olds to compete, the medal count would likely be skewed differently than it is now.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RangerX wrote:The whole purpose of this rule is that 13 year olds are inherently more flexible than a 16 year old. But the beatings that their bodies take will hobble them later in life if they continue the competition regimen. The rule is there to protect the girls.

If we allowed US 13 year olds to compete, the medal count would likely be skewed differently than it is now.
I figured it must be wiping out the Chinese kids mentally. When the Americans win, they see them with their families...mom and dad hugging on them. In an interview I saw this weekend the Chinese girls have said they hadn't seen their families in over a year, and their families most likely aren't able to watch them on TV.

So, they get the gold. Who gives a shit. We get silver, and unconditional love from mommy, daddy, CNN, FOXnews, and Teen beat magazine.

So take your gold and shove it into your rice bowl. It will taste good with the tears.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Tirehouse
Ranger

Post by Tirehouse »

Yeah.....whatever you said....wha?
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Now, that's not very sensitive... :P
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Tirehouse wrote:Image

The new Lara Croft

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

RangerX wrote:
Tirehouse wrote:Image

The new Lara Croft

Oh sweet geebus... I'm in love! :shock:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ